Home Ratings & Reviews

A very informal review of 5 Vegas Miami Robusto.

JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
Great stick, IMO. Had it for the first time tonight. A very smooth, leathery pre-draw. A LOT of spice in the first 1/3 which mellowed out as the cigar went along. Instead of having a Dr. Pepper I made a "Dr. Pepper" by mixing beer and amaretto together (delicious), it brought out even more spice in the cigar.

Mostly curious to hear your guys' thoughts on this stick.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I love them they are some of the best bang for your buck sticks.

• docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Best 5 Vegas cigar, IMO. Just a straight forward DPG blend. Ages well too.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    For whatever reason, I have had more 5 Vegas Miami's than probably any other stick. Always a go to for me - great bang for the buck. Plus, I always keep a stock of the petit coronas for the winter months. IMO the blend tanslates well into the smaller vitola for a solid quickie ('that's what she said'. sorry, couldn't help it).

I acutally had one last night. Might fire up another this evening.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I have been meaning to try these...never had em and i want one!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    One of my all-time favorites. I love just about anything that DPG does and this stick is a good example of his work. These do really well with age, I just bought a bunch more to throw in the aging humi. Yummm!!!
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Thanks for the responses. I got this as part of the DPG COTM shipment, so I'm curious to try the other DPG stuff, can't wait.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Off-topic, if you like Dr. Peppers (beer + amaretto version), try a lunchbox. In a pint glass, fill 1/4 light beer, 1/4 orange juice (so it's half full), drop a shot of amaretto and pound it like an irish car bomb. Amazing.
    Ken Light:
    Off-topic, if you like Dr. Peppers (beer + amaretto version), try a lunchbox. In a pint glass, fill 1/4 light beer, 1/4 orange juice (so it's half full), drop a shot of amaretto and pound it like an irish car bomb. Amazing.
    Yeah I used to drink those in Phoenix, love them. Actually I just love drinking, period. lol
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 365
    I gotta agree. I try to order a box of the robusto every month. havent had a bad one yet. cant keep them in my humi very long.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Aside from the Padron X000 series, these may be my favorite affordable stick. They're fantastic. I prefer the M5 size - it has all of the Pepin flavor, without knocking me on my ass.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    dowjr1:
    I have been meaning to try these...never had em and i want one!
    do it
    I smoked this one ROTT. Anyone have any idea what these are like with some age on them? Does the spice mellow out at all? Not that I mind one way or another, as I'm currently having a love affair with maduros.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    5 Vegas Miami are excellent candidates for aging. The spice doesn't go away but it smooths out and all the flavors really mesh together in a most delicious, subtle way. Some Miamis have tight draws and burn issues when fresh and rest helps this out a lot too. Definitely save some out and let them sit for at least a year and you'll be rewarded with an amazingly flavorful solid medium body smoke. I have a couple I'm going to try to get 2 years on and see what that's like, they're at about 20 months right now.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I have a box of Toro's that have close to 18 months on them and I still haven't taken the wrap off the box yet. I think they will make it to the 2 year mark with no problem, we'll see about the 3 year mark however.
    Sounds like a good excuse to get a box or two and stash them away.