Home Ratings & Reviews

Very Brief Review of Oliva Serie V Torpedo

dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
So I do try to get in a couple stogies a week during the winter and a mild day here in Northen VA allowed for my two German Shepherds to enjoy the dog park and me a nice Oliva V Torp. I have read many good reviews and to some this stogie may be yesterday's news. It had probably 5 months rest in my humi. Appearance was great with no veins to speak of, very solid in the hand and attractive. This clearly is a well made cigar. Lit up no problem and was off. Draw was a bit tight and I snipped a bit more off to help open it up. But flavor was fantastic and everything I had expected...rich and delicious. Even towards the end it did not get harsh in any way. It did not put out a lot of smoke...probably due to the draw issue. I have 4 more in the humi and am looking forward to them. When I finish these I will for sure get some more especially if I can find a deal. I hear the Maduro version of this stogie is very good as well and would love to give them a go. Will let you know how the next ones go. Cheers.

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    These are a great ligero cigar. Like you mentioned I also have been having draw problems with my torpedos. They seem too packed into the end to allow good air flow. Next time I restock on these I'm going back to either the double robusto or lancero, whichever I can get a good deal on. But in general, yeah, these cigars rock out.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    bigharpoon:
    These are a great ligero cigar. Like you mentioned I also have been having draw problems with my torpedos. They seem too packed into the end to allow good air flow. Next time I restock on these I'm going back to either the double robusto or lancero, whichever I can get a good deal on. But in general, yeah, these cigars rock out.
    I was gifted one of these by gmill in the belicoso size and it was PHENOMINAL!

• dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Yeah but not all the Torps are like that (too packed). I wonder if it is a rolling problem or what. As I said i have 4 more and am curious to see how the rest go.
  • smokeater187smokeater187 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 232
    i had one this weekend too for the first time. It was a robusto tho. I enjoyed it a lot very rich and smooth. Had alot of burn issues with it after the half way point and it started to tunnel as well, but overall i thoroughly enjoyed this stick. I will def be picking up some more.
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    Going to have to try these myself. By the way.. Where in VA are you? I'm here in Manassas.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Had one a couple months ago and liked it.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    JCizzle:
    Had one a couple months ago and liked it.
    Same here, wish I had a box.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    XIced just sent you a PM on location...
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    The Sniper:
    bigharpoon:
    I was gifted one of these by gmill in the belicoso size and it was PHENOMINAL!

You also won one I think (eh-eh-eh)!
  • xIcedGuardianxxIcedGuardianx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 873
    dowjr1:
    XIced just sent you a PM on location...
    Replied Dan