Home Cigar 101

History Lesson, Cool Gift, Need Info

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
Whats up fellas? A friend of mine at work brought me in a REALLY cool present today... he knows Im a big fan of cigars. This guy is originally from the Netherlands, and it turns out that decades ago his family was in the cigar business - he claims it was no big operation. Anyway, my buddy returned froma trip back to the Netherlands this week and look at what he brought me...

Was totally jazzed by this awesome gift!!! From noodling around the World Wide InterWeb, I have found out that this thing likely dates from somewhere between the 1920's and the 1950's, and is priced somewhere between about $30 to $120.

While that info was cool, I (and my buddy) would be much more interested in finding out the history of this thing. The mold mentions Mannheim & Schwetzingen, both of which are in Germany - however, like I said my friend & his family are Dutch. Were these molds a common use thing in Eurpoe? Can they be traced back to a certain cigar maker? How cool would it be to find out that Pete Johnson in particular or Tatuaje in general got their start where my buddy is from, or that they are actually related somehow?!?!

I realize this is not Antiques Roadshow or geneolgy.com, but if anyone can shed any light on this mold or point me in the right direction (NOT an ebay web site or the like that is just trying to sell them) I would be most appreciative.

Thanks fellas!

Comments