Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    first cigar in a week because of this blasted winter weather. Got this stick from SleevePlz in my first bomb ever. I enjoyed this stick alot and plan to grab 5 or 10 to revisit in the spring.
    Is that the 2009 robusto?? Never had them before but saw a good deal and I got a mazo of those from the "clearance" section.
    yes it was the robusto and nice eye. I might have to pick up the mazo this weekend instead of watching sprintsale for hours on end to get the 5er.
    Good stuff. Glad to hear you liked it --- hope to try one later this week if time allows.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    jgibv:
    ddubridge:
    first cigar in a week because of this blasted winter weather. Got this stick from SleevePlz in my first bomb ever. I enjoyed this stick alot and plan to grab 5 or 10 to revisit in the spring.
    Is that the 2009 robusto?? Never had them before but saw a good deal and I got a mazo of those from the "clearance" section.
    yes it was the robusto and nice eye. I might have to pick up the mazo this weekend instead of watching sprintsale for hours on end to get the 5er.
    Good stuff. Glad to hear you liked it --- hope to try one later this week if time allows.
    Dustin was planing on doing a review soon. I'm intrested to hear what you both think of it.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    this morning im smoking a Viaje Exclusivo Chiquito, paired with some coffee
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Calle Ocho Connecticut toro, haven't had this in over a year
    La traviata with random gusts of blizzardness image
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I started smoking a Sol Cubano Sumatra. You guys remember that one? Well, I didn't take a picture but there was green string in it when I cut it. I have seen pics like this before. There were actually 2 pieces. One smaller and thinner, the other was bigger and looks like it almost ran the length of the cigar. Smoked ok though.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    rwheelwright:
    I started smoking a Sol Cubano Sumatra. You guys remember that one? Well, I didn't take a picture but there was green string in it when I cut it. I have seen pics like this before. There were actually 2 pieces. One smaller and thinner, the other was bigger and looks like it almost ran the length of the cigar. Smoked ok though.
    Ive found string before too but mine was white, pulled a feather out once,, On the net Ive Seen plastic bags, bones all kinds of things rolled up. Surprised you still smoked it.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    The Kid:
    rwheelwright:
    Ive found string before too but mine was white, pulled a feather out once,, On the net Ive Seen plastic bags, bones all kinds of things rolled up. Surprised you still smoked it.
    I'm hardcore! *** I smoke when I have bronchitis! ;-)
    Following that up with this.. god i love this cigar..

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Awesome smokes, Justin.
    Really enjoying these.

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    JHewey:
    Really enjoying these.

Agreed !! Good little smoke, and much better than I had anticipated
    Wasn't sure what to expect with them being "short filler" --- but after smoking a few, I wouldn't have known without someone telling me.
    First one of these.. so far so goo.. about an inch in

Still smoking like a big dog, I see!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    JHewey:
    Really enjoying these.

been seeing alot of these around here lately.thats it gonna have to buy a tin.
    Early morning at work... gonna be a long day... forgot to pack a PCR for the ride and had to settle for this... lol

sorry to hear it Todd. And working on a weekend is not cool at all.

Mark Twain and I braved the elements this morning. Right after I snapped this shot the plow came by and filled the end of my driveway. I got work to do.

image a bit too full bodied and harsh in the first half inch for a good morning smoke, settling down a bit now though, but not much :/ edit: after th initial harshness, now beginning the second third, this stick is still med-full bodied but not as harsh on the pallet. I still get hot pepper on the retrohale but the finish is now short. Glad I am smoking this with 18 months on it though.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ddubridge:

Mark Twain and I braved the elements this morning. Right after I snapped this shot the plow came by and filled the end of my driveway. I got work to do.

that sucks brother.hope the rest of your weekend went alot better.we lived up north had a snow storm once in march.got 13 inches of snow,we moved to florida 6 months later..something to think babout..lol
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

that sucks brother.hope the rest of your weekend went alot better.we lived up north had a snow storm once in march.got 13 inches of snow,we moved to florida 6 months later..something to think babout..lol
    I love this state, just not totally in love with the snow and winter. I think I need a winter hobby, and smoking cigars is not it. Just about froze my fingers off smoking the Mark Twain
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

I love this state, just not totally in love with the snow and winter. I think I need a winter hobby, and smoking cigars is not it. Just about froze my fingers off smoking the Mark Twain
    How was the Mark Twain? Been curious about them. My B&M has them, but never picked one up.
    mmccartneydc:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

How was the Mark Twain? Been curious about them. My B&M has them, but never picked one up.
    If you're a fan of Nicaraguan Connecticut cigars I think you'll enjoy it. I wished it was a little warmer this weekend so I could smoke it a little slower. Like I said, I think they could use a little age to maybe mellow the bitterness near the end, but the first 2 3rds were nice and creaming with little bitterness. To me it tastes a lot like a Park Avenue, but at an even better price. If you dont pick one up i'll send you one when I get a box.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

That Twain looks like a churchill. You are a much braver man than I to light up something that long this time of year. As far as winter in Michigan goes, have you tried skiing or snowmobiling?
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    twistedstem:
    ddubridge:

That Twain looks like a churchill. You are a much braver man than I to light up something that long this time of year. As far as winter in Michigan goes, have you tried skiing or snowmobiling?
    yeah, churchill (like milk) was a bad choice. I rushed it near the end cause I was so cold.

as far and Skiing goes, I dont ski well but I can fall pretty good. I love snowmobiling but I dont have one and dont know if i'd use it enough to buy one. Winter is kinda a home repair/refinishing season of me.
    image after 21 months this is a smooth morning smoke.