Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Gonna fire up an E.P. Carrillo New Wave while I brainstorm on the layout for my website redesign...
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    BigT06:
    Enjoying a JdN Dark Corojo this morning. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!
    Dont know why but I just cant get it right with this cigar. If I smoke it out of my 65rh humi I cant get the wrapper to burn right but the flavors are awesome. So I dryboxed one about 34hrs and it burned much better but the flavor was noticeably dryer and not as good. Maybe a 12 hr dry box is the magic number.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Alec Bradley Family Blend
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    MTuccelli:
    whats your take on it? thoughts? Had one last night and I was racing around the house to get the taste out of my mouth. Just wondering if it was a bad stick. Construction issues, tight draw was just all around a bad experience.
    RampMonkey:
    MTuccelli:
    whats your take on it? thoughts? Had one last night and I was racing around the house to get the taste out of my mouth. Just wondering if it was a bad stick. Construction issues, tight draw was just all around a bad experience.
    I think you got a bum stick cause all the ones I have smoked so far have been very pleasant. Nice draw, even burn all the way to the nub. Which one did you smoke? I ordered the VR1 maybe that has something to do with the experience
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    MTuccelli:
    RampMonkey:
    MTuccelli:
    I think you got a bum stick cause all the ones I have smoked so far have been very pleasant. Nice draw, even burn all the way to the nub. Which one did you smoke? I ordered the VR1 maybe that has something to do with the experience
    was the M23. I might have to give it a go another day, but small size. Thanks MTuccelli.
  • EnphraredEnphrared Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 62
    Bought the CCOM house sampler awhile back, wasn't too hot on the purple label that came with it. Since there seemed to be a lot of good reviews I decided to buy a couple of purple label churchills, gonna fire one up today and see if I had a bum stick last time. Also grabbed a few blue labels to retry.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    An Ashton La Aroma de Cuba Marquis Tubo that is two weeks short of 3 years in the humi.

As a side note, being a HUGE DPG fan, I have to admit I am so disappointed that Ashton is no longer making the La Aroma de Cuba line, these are so much better than the DPG made ones and I need to savor the last 7 ones that I have.
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    bandyt09:
    An Ashton La Aroma de Cuba Marquis Tubo that is two weeks short of 3 years in the humi.

As a side note, being a HUGE DPG fan, I have to admit I am so disappointed that Ashton is no longer making the La Aroma de Cuba line, these are so much better than the DPG made ones and I need to savor the last 7 ones that I have.
    I think I still have the one you gave me like a year ago. I need to smoke that!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Russ55:
    bandyt09:

I think I still have the one you gave me like a year ago. I need to smoke that!
    Russ, you may or may not want to unless you can find more, LOL. You'll love me and hate me at the same time.
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    This morning I enjoyed a Diesel Shorty with my coffee and newspaper.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    gaberox:
    BigT06:
    Enjoying a JdN Dark Corojo this morning. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!
    Dont know why but I just cant get it right with this cigar. If I smoke it out of my 65rh humi I cant get the wrapper to burn right but the flavors are awesome. So I dryboxed one about 34hrs and it burned much better but the flavor was noticeably dryer and not as good. Maybe a 12 hr dry box is the magic number.
    I don't dry box em at all. Straight out of my 67% humi every time. Never had a burn issue... the one I smoked this morning was ROTT, and it also burned perfectly.

it is, however, a cigar that I do take a quick, firm puff on before I take a longer, full draw on to keep it burning the way i want. Maybe that would work for you, too...?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Can't sleep, and have work at 9. Think ill go to Starbucks, get an espresso, and smoke a montecristo white corona for breakfast. I'll probably have a jdn antano gran consul for lunch.
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Wake up, go to make coffee and I'm out. So, I'm in a bad mood now and I think I'll have a Gurkha Evil
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Lakota72:
    Wake up, go to make coffee and I'm out. So, I'm in a bad mood now and I think I'll have a Gurkha Evil
    That's like getting kicked in the nuts right when you get out of bed...lol
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    What, the no coffee or the cigar? Not having coffee sucks for me.
    Lakota72:
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    The no coffee when you're looking for it. That's how it feels for me when I go to make my morning tea and I'm out
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    ENFIDL:
    Lakota72:
    The no coffee when you're looking for it. That's how it feels for me when I go to make my morning tea and I'm out
    That Gurkha Evil would be a kick in the nuts for breakfast!
    Cuban Legacy and coffee before picking my daughter and grand daughter up at the airport :o)
    MTuccelli:
    Cuban Legacy and coffee before picking my daughter and grand daughter up at the airport :o)
    That's awesome man! I hope you guys have a great month together Mike
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Legend Ario thanks to MTuccelli. My first cigar in two weeks and I'm really enjoying it. Great creamy sweet flavors and medium body. Nice to be smoking again.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Padilla Single Batch #17RC. Good smoke - too bad they'll only be around for a short while.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    These have really grown on me. I just put in an order for another bundle.
    C.com Brazillian Label
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Had an 858 Sungrown. Gonna have to stop smoking these soon, or I'm not going to have any left when you can't find anymore...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Just lit up an EPC Maduro. So far so good.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Had a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real this morning with some bottled water. I still like this cigar...
    Fonseca Cubano Limitado from Dog Rockets-R-Us!
    I have the morning off today due to doctors appointments with the kids. Therefore I am sitting outside enjoyIng a CAO LX2 Lancero. I think I'm gonna do a review on it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    E.P. Carrillo Encantos... Carrillo is rocketing the way through the ranks of favorite cigars.