Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this morning?

Comments

• rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Wanted to smoke a cigar but my body is full of nicotine after the cigar tasting. I definitely want a ISOM next.
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    Gran Habano Corojo #5 maduro, hope U all have a good sunday morning, good cup of coffee and a great smoke.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Having a Room 101 Toro with a nice strong glass of iced coffee
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    I need to start more days with a smoke... lol! But I usually don't eat and don't know how that'd go.
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Smoking a Man O' War ruination torpedo with some coffee after a meeting at work, the results either really good or really bad, lol
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Gray4lines:
    I need to start more days with a smoke... lol! But I usually don't eat and don't know how that'd go.
    being a noob, im a little skeered to smoke before breakfast also!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    reggie713:
    Gray4lines:
    smoke a very mild bodied smoke. thats how. Cabaiguan is a good stick. Davidoff thousand series is good to wake up with.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    reggie713:
    Gray4lines:
    Rick (RCY Cigars) tuned me onto a good morning smoke...the Carlos Torano Dominico. Mild enough to smoke on an empty stomach and pairs well with hot or iced coffee. Bonus is they won't break the bank at a Mazo of 20 robustos for $29.95

• dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    kuzi16:
    reggie713:
    Gray4lines:
    smoke a very mild bodied smoke. thats how. Cabaiguan is a good stick. Davidoff thousand series is good to wake up with.
    For a couple of really good, cheaper sticks, try the Gran Habano #3 Connecticut or the C.COM Blue & Purple Label. They are all very tasty, with several vitolas to accommodate just about any morning schedule. The GH #3 Connie is a staple in my morning rotation, with a flavor profile that rivals most super premiums.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    dbeckom:
    kuzi16:
    reggie713:
    Gray4lines:
    For a couple of really good, cheaper sticks, try the Gran Habano #3 Connecticut or the C.COM Blue & Purple Label. They are all very tasty, with several vitolas to accommodate just about any morning schedule. The GH #3 Connie is a staple in my morning rotation, with a flavor profile that rivals most super premiums.
    I don't smoke in the mornings bc of patients, but I love the ccom American Label and it would be great in the morning too!
    Berger & Argenti Mooch in torpedo vitola, pretty good Connecticut
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Java Mint Robusto with a cup of French-roast espresso. Yum!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    jgibv:
    I've never seen on of those, but the name makes me want to find one!
    Rain:
    jgibv:
    I've never seen on of those, but the name makes me want to find one!
    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1003

It was good, lots of chocolate flavors, not as much mint as I had hoped for---but it had been in my humi for about 1 yr so I think it had lost some flavor. I need to try one rott.
  • stadstad Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 386
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosBigfnsteve gave me this at the hurf last week. Thank you man, this is my second one, you may have rekindled my love for PJ cigars!
    This is really good... I'm surprised at the quality of the finish given the price point. It's a great morning coffee smoke. I'll be checking sprint now for a box of corona's lol image
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    catfishbluezz:
    This is really good... I'm surprised at the quality of the finish given the price point. It's a great morning coffee smoke. I'll be checking sprint now for a box of corona's lol image
    Did you have any issues getting it started? I had one, enjoyed the flavor, burned well once started, but had to wrestle with it for 10 minutes to get it to start and produce smoke. Want to get some for morning smokes, but don't want to go through a 10 minute dance to the cigar lighting gods every morning.
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:
    Did you have any issues getting it started? I had one, enjoyed the flavor, burned well once started, but had to wrestle with it for 10 minutes to get it to start and produce smoke. Want to get some for morning smokes, but don't want to go through a 10 minute dance to the cigar lighting gods every morning.
    Nope...perfect burn actually. Surprised to say the least and given the price I can deal with a dud or two. It's also only been in my humi less then 48 hours.
    catfishbluezz:
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nope...perfect burn actually. Surprised to say the least and given the price I can deal with a dud or two. It's also only been in my humi less then 48 hours.
    Will be giving these another shot then. Thanks.
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:
    Nice choice Dustin. I need to get some more of those too - can't beat it for the price.

I've gone through almost 10 of them and don't remember ever having a burn issue - I'm guessing you got a dud, James.
    jgibv:
    Nice choice Dustin. I need to get some more of those too - can't beat it for the price.

I've gone through almost 10 of them and don't remember ever having a burn issue - I'm guessing you got a dud, James.
    Almost certainly true. Just threw me off because it is the first "dud" I have ever had that still tasted fine and had no draw issues. Usually, if one thing is off, a lot of things are off with how intertwined cigar construction and blending is... Like I said, weird. Will have to add some to next months order.
    Smoking a Man O' War Side Project Phalanx with some coffee
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    jgibv:
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:
    jthanatos:
    catfishbluezz:

Glad you liked it bro, I bought a box of 20 and haven't had any burn issues with them.
    big chunks:
    Smoking a Man O' War Side Project Phalanx with some coffee
    Just wanted to add these have gotten a lot better with a few months age on them IMO
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Dominico by Carlos Torano, courtesy of MTucelli. He sent a bundle as a donation to my Stateside Soldier Pass and insisted that I try a few for myself. Pleasantly surprised! Smooth and creamy with acres of smoke. Excellent accompaniment to my morning coffee. Thanks for turning me on to a new smoke, Mike!!