Home Ratings & Reviews

Cheap Stick Shootout: Big Dog Pitbull Connecticut Torpedo vs. Timbuctoo Maduro Toro

kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
imageimage Big Dog Pitbull Connecticut Torpedo This 5×58 torpedo stick offers a medium tan wrapper with small veins, splotches and discolorations, a bit of a rough looking and applied cap/head, a soft satin feel and a barnyard aroma. First light reveals a very good draw and smoke production, with medium bodied flavors of an oily deep wood. The first third develops to a mild woody flavor thats on the creamy and oily side, with a great draw and ok burn. Ending at 45 min, the whole stick was a good performer but had zero transitions. Timbuctoo Maduro Toro This 6×50 stick offers an oily dark chocolate wrapper with a sandy firm feel, minimal veins, tight seams and a rich barnyard aroma. First light reveals a very good draw and smoke production, with medium body flavors of a fresh cut grass, very vegetable like if that makes any sense. Not very pleasant to say the least. The first third develops to an extremely mild flavor of undercooked corn. Draw is perfect, smoke production is great and the finish is very short and clean. 20 min utes in, the stick stopped producing smoke and flavor, although it was still burning. The wrapper had gone almost hard as a rock, so I opened it up to find the insides burning but putting off a terrible stench. I ended the stick there obviously. http://cigarobsession.com/cigar-reviews/timbuctoo-maduro-toro-cheap-stick-shootout-big-dog-pitbull-connecticut-torpedo-cigar-review/

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Those are two ugly sticks
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    fla-gypsy:
    Big dog looks like a big dessicated dog TURD LOL

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I don't think I would have smoked those... they look like something CI sells.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    stephen_hannibal:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

It is worse than that, The review states they are T*****n blends. :( yuck.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    ShotgunJohn:
    stephen_hannibal:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of the nasty T*******n... I cancelled everything I ever had to do with them, email/catalog/life, and last week I started getting the F@#$ING catalog in the mail again! Every time I get it I make sure to throw it away in front of people, with a nasty look on my face, so they know that place BLOWS!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    The Sniper:
    fla-gypsy:

ROFLMAOOOO...Lucky for me my neighbors dog left me a little gift on the front lawn. i went to take a lookie see to compare it to the Big Dog. Amazingly it looks like a torpedo, lite in color and smooth. It even has it's own wrapper....can't tell if it is a plastic bag or birthday balloon, makes for easy transport to the can. This turd gets a 2 thumbs up!!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    MTuccelli:
    The Sniper:
    fla-gypsy:

ROFLMAOOOO...Lucky for me my neighbors dog left me a little gift on the front lawn. i went to take a lookie see to compare it to the Big Dog. Amazingly it looks like a torpedo, lite in color and smooth. It even has it's own wrapper....can't tell if it is a plastic bag or birthday balloon, makes for easy transport to the can. This turd gets a 2 thumbs up!!
    LMAO!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    ejenne87:
    ShotgunJohn:
    stephen_hannibal:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of the nasty T*******n... I canceled everything I ever had to do with them, email/catalog/life, and last week I started getting the F@#$ING catalog in the mail again! Every time I get it I make sure to throw it away in front of people, with a nasty look on my face, so they know that place BLOWS!
    I've never been to thier site, nor ever called them yet somehow I get their catalog... not sure who sold me out to them but I just throw it in the recycling bin
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Me too. However my morbid curiosity compels me to at least thumb through it before it toss it. (*edit - this was in response to Hayblet and the T**** catalogue - didn't hit 'quote' i guess)
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    2nd cigar in video, hilarious!
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    lol - just finished watching. Stick #2 cracked me up! That was awesome man, thanks!
  • kaelariakaelaria Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 572
    Yeah har har - the guy that sent it to me did it on PURPOSE and knew it was that bad! Paybacks a beatch :)
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    You're a brave man, Bryan. A brave man, indeed.