Home Ratings & Reviews

Punch Gran Puro

JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
Habano, 6 x 50.

Wow, very strong, complex, and full to me. About 1.5 hour smoke for me. Any thoughts on these? I would definitely have this one again.

(Thanks, Unthought_Known.)

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    this was one of my early favorites. there is a great nutty taste to it that i love.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    I remember tasting a lot of cinnamon with these. Not my thing but very well constructed cigar.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    Nutty and cinnamon, two things that makes sense now that I couldn't quite pick up at first. The body of this stick was pretty powerful and I had trouble putting my finger on specific flavors.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Glad to hear you like them (and the Bolivar too). When I started smoking, Punch was my favorite brand. I tried the PGP when they were first released, and they knocked me on my ass...at the time, it was the strongest cigar I'd ever had! After smoking them for a few years, I haven't reached for them as much - but I still have about a dozen left in my humidor. The Punch Gran Puro I sent you were resting in my humidor for 2 1/2 to 3 years. They might not be quite as strong as they used to be, but they're definitely more complex.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    That makes sense, I could tell it was lingering on line of full bodies and strong and the flavors were blended nicely. That's some pretty good rest time, I appreciate it!