Home Non Cigar Related

Leaving the forums......

Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
So, first I want to thank every person here for making this place such a fun and awesome place. I learned so much about cigars and got me started in my cabinet.
I met amazing guys, and not so amazing guys but either way I have thoroughly enjoyed myself here.

I am leaving the forums probably for good due to obvious circumstances of drama. I am never here to make anyone unhappy nor am i here to make this place drama central for other BOTL.
I wanted to share my story with you guys. I have completed all trades except for one which I am re sending another package due to lost in transit. I do no believe I have ever missed a package or anyhting to anyone here though and if i have, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING SO I CAN GET YOUR CIGARS OUT TO YA.
IF ANYONE HAS EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY TRADES, TRADING, OR PASSES, PLEASE JUST PM ME A MESSAGE SO I CAN CORRECT IT.

I am tired of me trying to do right and keep getting called out by oz for being a "bad trader" and "questionable" yet no one has said anything so i figured the best way to end the drama...is to leave.

I will keep my account open and use it for PM's,. but thats the extent of it.
I WOULD LIKE TO STILL TRADE OFF SOME STUFF NOW AND THEN, SO HERE IS MY SOLUTION; PM ME UR EMAIL ADDY AND WHAT ILL DO IS ILL SEND OUT A EMAIL WHEN I WANT TO TRADE......SIMPLE AS THAT.

I am again sorry for the drama but truly know that you guys are a great group like none other.
Sincerely,

Joey L.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    If anyone wants to still trade with me from time to time, send me ur personal email address so i can put it in my cigar book. thanks.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Sad that it had to come down to this.
    it is what it is man. Im not here to ruin everyone elses time.
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 938
    lcpleel:
    Sad that it had to come down to this.
    Agree with lcpleel's statement. I don't know the full story, nor will I take sides, but based on the recent postings I've seen it seems like this issue could've been easily resolved through good communication. I've seen far WORSE situations on other sites that were resolved....if this has been an ongoing problem I'm not sure why it couldn't have been addressed earlier when it all started....
    I was more then willing to resolve this through email and not publicly.....
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Is this over some bloody opus x?? If it is, I would like to point out that lcpleel was on this before ANYONE according to the thread and from what I can put together Joey helped him with this....when it comes to deals from a person selling off Craigslist you jump on the deal period and however it plays out, it plays out, remember that person is a stranger and will not be politically correct to whom he sells...I haven't had an issue with either of you and Im sure do not know all the details....I would never let one person push me out of a forum and on that note if I had a beef with someone I would handle it privately with the person in a respectable manner and if cooler heads couldn't prevail I would write the person off and continue to enjoy my stay here...maybe I'm totally off base here...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Man. I hope you'll reconsider. I'd hate to see the loss of a great BOTL because of unnecessary drama surrounding a sale from someone on Craiglist. If the seller didn't want to haggle, then of course he'll sell to someone who's more willing to pay. It is what it is. Bearing a grudge over it is such a waste of time and energy.
    nah bro..ur totally on base and u got the story correct...but, i think for the time being i need to step back for a while just not to cause any more drama....ill be back...and diamond...im more then happy to forward ship stuff to ya cuz u hooked me up with those mags which were amazing! lol
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Joey thank you for stepping up showing some responsibility and being the bigger man.
    In an open forum you can't select whom to interact with but thank you for thinking enough of our community to protect it from drama.

You have done right by me man and your input will be missed.

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    WOW..i dont even know what is going on here...and maybe its best that i dont. But either way its sad to see a brother go.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    smoke em if you got em:
    WOW..i dont even know what is going on here...and maybe its best that i dont. But either way its sad to see a brother go.
    ditto
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Joey, hope ya reconsider. I'm pretty sure the reason no one likes to get involved is because its a place ppl come to relax and chill out on free time IMO. And I think it should have been through PMs as well from the start. Again, hope ya stick around.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I've been gone for some time... Don't know what's going on, and too tired to figure out what is going on

But to see a long time BOTL leave is NOT COOL! I'd ask you reconsider, but I'm not in the know
    ill come back later on but for now im tired of other people not enjoying the forums because of this drama.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    smoke em if you got em:
    +1
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    ill come back later on but for now im tired of other people not enjoying the forums because of this drama.
    i guess I must be skipping over the "drama" thread. I didn't even know there was a drama problem until I saw this thread. Too bad things got out of hand. I hope that I am not supporting the issue by posting here...
    I'm not sure that leaving the forum is a great move. There are always followers who will take your lead, just for the sake of following. I say feel free to stand up for yourself, don't reply to flaming and let it go. Enjoy the forum, or leave if you want, but c'mon.....life is full of real challenges, and this "drama" can't be up there on your list of important things?

Drama should be a four letter word and removed from this forum. Just my opinion.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    So, first I want to thank every person here for making this place such a fun and awesome place. I learned so much about cigars and got me started in my cabinet.
    I met amazing guys, and not so amazing guys but either way I have thoroughly enjoyed myself here.

I am leaving the forums probably for good due to obvious circumstances of drama. I am never here to make anyone unhappy nor am i here to make this place drama central for other BOTL.
    I wanted to share my story with you guys. I have completed all trades except for one which I am re sending another package due to lost in transit. I do no believe I have ever missed a package or anyhting to anyone here though and if i have, PLEASE SAY SOMETHING SO I CAN GET YOUR CIGARS OUT TO YA.
    IF ANYONE HAS EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY TRADES, TRADING, OR PASSES, PLEASE JUST PM ME A MESSAGE SO I CAN CORRECT IT.

I am tired of me trying to do right and keep getting called out by oz for being a "bad trader" and "questionable" yet no one has said anything so i figured the best way to end the drama...is to leave.

I will keep my account open and use it for PM's,. but thats the extent of it.
    I WOULD LIKE TO STILL TRADE OFF SOME STUFF NOW AND THEN, SO HERE IS MY SOLUTION; PM ME UR EMAIL ADDY AND WHAT ILL DO IS ILL SEND OUT A EMAIL WHEN I WANT TO TRADE......SIMPLE AS THAT.

I am again sorry for the drama but truly know that you guys are a great group like none other.
    Sincerely,

Joey L.

are you Freaking Kidding me ? This has nothing to do with Any Drama I caused... None of you Guys have a Clue about this, it is far more than an opus X deal that Obviousley NONE of you know the TRUE DEAL... Hell I didnt know who eneded up with this *** has nothing to do with it.and you guys are going to Jump on this Douchebags Bandwagon?
    INFUCKINGCREDIBLE!
    LOL I would guess you would all have to really be in it, have all the evidence and know the TRUTH! I am a MAN... (NOt a PUnk) of Integrity and Total Honesty.... thats how I LIVE PERIOD! I have NEVER been Questioned on that in my LIFE... you always know where I stand and It is ALWAYS Honest.
    Good Luck Joey DOnt leave and try and make me look like the Bad Guy Stick around Your true colors shine brightly.
    You Get What you Give .... ALWAYS!
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I was more then willing to resolve this through email and not publicly.....

It was attempted and ignored.........
    stephen_hannibal:
    Joey thank you for stepping up showing some responsibility and being the bigger man.
    In an open forum you can't select whom to interact with but thank you for thinking enough of our community to protect it from drama.

You have done right by me man and your input will be missed.

Man Really? Bigger Man.... STephan I didnt think you were that Gulable! LOL
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    No idea whats going on here, but I've never had any trouble with Joey or Oz. Both have been stand up guys with me and thats all I can say.
    I was never emailed by you oz. but since u now know this how about you send me a email with a list of all ur issues and we will hash it out.
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I was never emailed by you oz. but since u now know this how about you send me a email with a list of all ur issues and we will hash it out.

Im sorry you deleded or overlooked them but I did.......Its in the Creators hands Now Brother ....... not putting any more energy into these posts.........
    Good Luck...
    now be on your way.......
    Dont leave here on my account if you leave its on yours..... Mitakuye Oyasin
    never deleted or overlooked..i just double checked. But hey, I tried.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    damn... well joey I had good dealings with ya. sorry to see ya go.