Home Non Cigar Related

Pakistan using US Lobbyists....

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
To push the idea they knew nothing about Bin Ladin... Like anything seems as though if you have to pay another to push ideas than your probably lying. Well another thing lobbyists will do for money. I mean if you throw enough money at something then a lie is the truth.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/05/us-binladen-pakistan-lobbying-idUSTRE7445GK20110505

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    So we should ban certain people from speaking just because we don't like what they'll say? While I may not like what they have to say, you can't go around banning certain people from lobbying or speaking out just because you disagree with what they have to say.

Popular speech doesn't need any protections - the First Amendment is there to protect unpopular speech.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    dude do you have to argue with me on everything? I'm not saying they shouldn't be able too, I'm just saying that if you have to pay someone to do something that you could easily show your involvement something is fishy. And for a US based company to do this is wrong. If Pakistan had or didn't have any involvement it should be easy for them to prove. Using money to push their agenda is wrong.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    phobicsquirrel:
    dude do you have to argue with me on everything? I'm not saying they shouldn't be able too, I'm just saying that if you have to pay someone to do something that you could easily show your involvement something is fishy. And for a US based company to do this is wrong. If Pakistan had or didn't have any involvement it should be easy for them to prove. Using money to push their agenda is wrong.
    Ah, I misunderstood your post; my bad.

I agree that if they didn't have any involvement they wouldn't need to be lobbying and could just come out with proof - definitely something fishy going on.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Yea, using lobbyists makes them look more guilty, but obviously they need all the help they can get to push their lies... I mean if they were very smart they wouldnt have initially spoken out saying it was a joint assault knowing damn well that they were full of sh*t. LoL They do have some serious questions to answer and no amount of lying should be able to dig them out of this hole.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I'd take their money and lobby for them. A fool and their money are soon parted. I'd be like "Hey, Senator, Pakistan says they had no idea about bin laden; they wanted you to know that. So here's me telling you to beleive them and not your lying eyes"... Money taken from fools.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 979
    cabinetmaker:
    I'd take their money and lobby for them. A fool and their money are soon parted. I'd be like "Hey, Senator, Pakistan says they had no idea about bin laden; they wanted you to know that. So here's me telling you to beleive them and not your lying eyes"... Money taken from fools.
    Cabby you missed your true calling.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cabinetmaker:
    lol, yeah that'd be a good way to live actually, not sure how long it would last though. Though a going rate for a typical congressman is like in the tens of thousands if not hundreds (low). Not bad for a few years of work.