Home Cigar 101

gurkha grand reserve - tubed

millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
the cigar is infused as we all know, but being that the are sealed with wax, can i store them in my regular humi? thnks stav

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    I would advise against putting them in your regular humi. I have three infused cigars that are tubed and sealed, but I can still smell the cognac off of them even without breaking the seal. Best thing to do is either dedicate a small humi to infused sticks or a ziplock bag with a humi pillow.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    I agree. My first humidor that was going to hold all my sticks was a 20 count (ha, ha!) Three humidors later, the 20 count is the one I keep my infused cigars in.

No sense taking a chance and you can get a 20 count fairly cheap.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    YankeeMan:
    I agree. My first humidor that was going to hold all my sticks was a 20 count (ha, ha!) Three humidors later, the 20 count is the one I keep my infused cigars in.

No sense taking a chance and you can get a 20 count fairly cheap.
    yeah I have a 50 count humi stuffed with these infused cigars. Well not all are the grand reserve but of the line. works great and the smell is fantastic. keep them away from your regular cigars.
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    luv the clip....go squirrel!!!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Don't even keep them in the same room :P. There is a wine shop in town here that sells cigars as well, and actually has a decent selection. They keep everything in Cabinet style humidors, and it always sketches me out that they keep their infused Drew Estate product in the same humidors as traditional stock... Never had an issue, but I always give sticks a sniff before I buy them, just to play it safe (granted I usually am just in there to pick up a bottle or two of wine, and of course get sucked into the humidors... They get pretty good Fuente seasonal stock, and sell it BELOW MSRP)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    docbp87:
    Don't even keep them in the same room :P. There is a wine shop in town here that sells cigars as well, and actually has a decent selection. They keep everything in Cabinet style humidors, and it always sketches me out that they keep their infused Drew Estate product in the same humidors as traditional stock... Never had an issue, but I always give sticks a sniff before I buy them, just to play it safe (granted I usually am just in there to pick up a bottle or two of wine, and of course get sucked into the humidors... They get pretty good Fuente seasonal stock, and sell it BELOW MSRP)
    how nice for you. sounds like a great place to stock up on opus's. lucky dog you are!