Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Shipping woes

james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
If I have anything outstanding, please let me know. Don't send me anything as I have 3 missing packages now. One was a shipment from Russ, the other was a return to sender for Alex due to a bad zipcode, and last was my COTMC. I was out all last week but think I shipped off everything before I left. If I owe you something, please let me know.

Has anyone successfully had USPS reimburse for missing packages? Any suggestions for dealing with them? I mean 3 in one week is very suspicious to me. Thanks.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Did you have tracking on it?
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    They should reimburse you if you had insurance on the packages
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    This is why I use UPS as often as possible. In some areas they're a day or two longer in transit but the peace of mind I get makes up for it.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    dwayne3307:
    This is why I use UPS as often as possible. In some areas they're a day or two longer in transit but the peace of mind I get makes up for it.
    For some reason, UPS likes to play kickball with my packages; they managed to dent a cast-iron teapot - twice, on two separate shipping occasions. Never had that problem with USPS
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    I have NEVER had a Problem when using USPS... UNLESS i dont put tracking info on them (which i dont do anymore ALWAYS TRACKING INFO) The three times I have had shipping isssues or LOST packages with USPS is when i didnt track them thinking iot would be ok since i was shipping 3 hours away.
    I wouldnt ship Dog *** UPS.... I recieved some Valuable Stuff UPS from someone else it took 3 weeks, was laying in a Wharehouse for over 2 weeks 1 hour from my house before it came to me then when it didnt come to me it was damaged and the Box looked like it had been dropped out of a Freaking plane then kicked all the way to my house!
    Always use USPS and ALWAYS USE TRACKING INFO and if ytour really worried about it INSURE IT.
    ALWAYS post OR eMAIL THE TRACKING Info to the Recipient or if its a Forum Deal, i e Cigars for the Trops, CIgars for the winners of the Lottery, Games Passes or whatever Has Multiple people and cigars involved .. you will avoid any questions or Controversy......... Good Luck with your Shipping WOE!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Redtailhawkoz:
    I have NEVER had a Problem when using USPS... UNLESS i dont put tracking info on them (which i dont do anymore ALWAYS TRACKING INFO) The three times I have had shipping isssues or LOST packages with USPS is when i didnt track them thinking iot would be ok since i was shipping 3 hours away.
    I wouldnt ship Dog *** UPS.... I recieved some Valuable Stuff UPS from someone else it took 3 weeks, was laying in a Wharehouse for over 2 weeks 1 hour from my house before it came to me then when it didnt come to me it was damaged and the Box looked like it had been dropped out of a Freaking plane then kicked all the way to my house!
    Always use USPS and ALWAYS USE TRACKING INFO and if ytour really worried about it INSURE IT.
    ALWAYS post OR eMAIL THE TRACKING Info to the Recipient or if its a Forum Deal, i e Cigars for the Trops, CIgars for the winners of the Lottery, Games Passes or whatever Has Multiple people and cigars involved .. you will avoid any questions or Controversy......... Good Luck with your Shipping WOE!
    how do you do international, cause i sent 2 today and said i cant get tracking on those, i think i did on one as it had a apo addy which they considered domestic
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jj20030:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    how do you do international, cause i sent 2 today and said i cant get tracking on those, i think i did on one as it had a apo addy which they considered domestic
    You won't have a problem mailing them internationally (at least to Canada) and the package getting lost. You may find if you list the actual contents and the actual value of said contents that the receiver won't be happy paying as much or more then you declare as the value of the sticks when they get them.
    Most packages from c.com members arrive as "gifts", "hobby supplies" or something similar with a value of about $25 - $30. Hope that helps.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Redtailhawkoz:
    All the packages had tracking on there and they show delivered. I think they put them in the wrong mailbox personally as they all were "delivered" on the same day and time. I was home and didn't see anything. Hopefully, I can find them.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    laker1963:
    jj20030:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    You won't have a problem mailing them internationally (at least to Canada) and the package getting lost. You may find if you list the actual contents and the actual value of said contents that the receiver won't be happy paying as much or more then you declare as the value of the sticks when they get them.
    Most packages from c.com members arrive as "gifts", "hobby supplies" or something similar with a value of about $25 - $30. Hope that helps.
    thanks, that does, i listed as gifts after he ask on the form, but i said value at 70.00, next time ill use 25 to30.00 and i did list cigars as contents
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    jj20030:
    laker1963:
    jj20030:
    Redtailhawkoz:
    thanks, that does, i listed as gifts after he ask on the form, but i said value at 70.00, next time ill use 25 to30.00 and i did list cigars as contents
    Well then that will cost the receiver some money. I beleive the limit is $60 with out getting dinged, but I am unsure if they only go after the over limit or if you go over they go after it all. Ask the BOTL when it get's ther but yeah $30 to $40 is safer.