Home Non Cigar Related

We hit the debt ceiling..

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
..and the world did not come to an end. Maybe now the govt can try to live within its means.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Cabi you and I both know thats not going to happen.

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    We haven't hit the debt ceiling until there are riots in the streets. Until then...business as usual I suspect.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I'm sure we'll just figure out a way to raise the ceiling
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    cabinetmaker:
    Maybe now the govt can try to live within its means.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Ha HA HA!

...thats funny.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    skweekz:
    If I'm not mistaken, this is about the 80th or 81st time we've raised the "ceiling", another illusion perpetuated to make us believe there's such a thing as a budget.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    In some instances it would be considered a great accomplishment to "raise the roof"...I anticipate the govt will try to cast this pun in a similar light.
    Vulchor:
    In some instances it would be considered a great accomplishment to "raise the roof"

Raise the roof!!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    That's hilarious!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    This debt is really starting to worry me. Small amounts of debt are fine if not beneficial but it feels like the US debt is spinning out of control at such a rate that defaulting will soon be the only option. I'm gald I work for a British company.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    british or not, if we default, everyone is affected big time. it will suck.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Amos Umwhat:
    skweekz:
    If I'm not mistaken, this is about the 80th or 81st time we've raised the "ceiling", another illusion perpetuated to make us believe there's such a thing as a budget.
    sad thing is the money was already spent. We need to end these wars!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    british or not, if we default, everyone is affected big time. it will suck.
    yup!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    and read this whats going on here locally and the comments crazy, our city kings and queens are trying to act and live just like the feds. just because they offer money(which we dont have) you dont have to accept it, this is about a 24 million dollar hurricane safe house. they already use faclities somewhere else(at billionaire tillman ferttitas hotel here) and it would cost 15,000 a year just for the upkeep, http://galvestondailynews.com/story/231714
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    phobicsquirrel:
    Amos Umwhat:
    skweekz:
    sad thing is the money was already spent. We need to end these wars!
    Can I get a witness from the congregation!!!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Hitting the debt ceiling is not the problem. It's what happens in the next 90 days that matters. I assume that we'll just raise it. But the closer we get to the deadline that Congress has to act could affect the market and interest rates could go way up.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Once the spending stops the fact of just how bad things really are will make hard for the media to keep carrying Obama's water.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    The world hasn't ended, you say? Isn't it supposed to end on Saturday? If that was all a hoax I'm pretty screwed since I'm supposed to get married the following friday and then the wedding will actually happen. Mostly kidding...
    Ken Light:
    The world hasn't ended, you say? Isn't it supposed to end on Saturday? If that was all a hoax I'm pretty screwed since I'm supposed to get married the following friday and then the wedding will actually happen. Mostly kidding...

Congrats on the upcoming nuptuals! I'm putting my money on Saturday actually happening since it's supposed to not rain for the first time in 10 days...packin the Herf-a-Dor and taking the family to a baseball game!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Ken Light:
    Saturday @ 6.....