Home Non Cigar Related

This is beyond infuriating.....

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Not spending time to look up golf habits of either man....wont even do it for professional golfers........BUT, I will agree there seems more policy related issues to discuss here than the man's leisure time vs missing something. Not saying this wasnt in poor taste or important....but we can find events EVERY DAY the president could make it to and fight over what he should have done instead...and yes, even untimely and senseless deaths.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    cabinetmaker:
    bigjohn125:
    I think all Law Enforcement Officers should go golfing next time he comes to town, including the secret service. I bet he wouldn't like that at all. He showed his true colors again. What a duche bag.
    I think this statement is uncalled for, and I demand an apology....

to duche bags.
    lol!
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    I think he will ride the coattails of Osama's assassination into the next election. And the common word in the thread to describe my feelings about this...Unfortunately.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    kuzi16:
    who cares? every president has made mistakes like this. people in general make paux pas all the time. i know he is the president and is under a microscope but arent there bigger fish to fry here? seriously....
    There's something, somewhere, every day, isn't there?
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    CNN had a story on last night about the 10 states Obama has yet to visit. I think that's actually pretty sad that 1/5th of the country, he hasn't been to.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Lakota72:
    I think he will ride the coattails of Osama's assassination into the next election. And the common word in the thread to describe my feelings about this...Unfortunately.

Lets start by saying that He is going to need to do a whole lot more than the above statement to even consider running again..... His approval rating is a joke ..... the dems and republicans all think he is a joke and people are quickly seeing that by his actions or lack there of actions that this guy wants to do the bare minimum to get by ..... I would be shocked if he even reruns for election. Now as for the company that he keeps who cares ..... As far as not showing up to support LE there is a problem and it just shows his true personality.

And just remember that opinions are like A$$HOLES ...... Everyone has them.
    I would be even more shocked if he doesnt win reeclection. This is not being being a fan or not a fan of his talking----just the republican field I see and many swing states leaning democrat (with governors like Rick Scott doing more damage than good for the Repubs) I dont wanna sound cocky or out of touch, but I dont see how he could lose.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Vulchor:
    I would be even more shocked if he doesnt win reeclection. This is not being being a fan or not a fan of his talking----just the republican field I see and many swing states leaning democrat (with governors like Rick Scott doing more damage than good for the Repubs) I dont wanna sound cocky or out of touch, but I dont see how he could lose.
    I don't see how he can win, I mean with his record a pair of muddy shoes could beat him.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I think it's way too early to be calling winners or losers..... The election is a year and a half away. Who knows? Obama might even be challenged by his own party. So, I'll start picking winners come next summer.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    didnt he pledge 1billiion towards the next election or something insane like that?
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Total Line of Duty Deaths: 70
    Aircraft accident: 1
    Animal related: 1
    Assault: 4
    Automobile accident: 13
    Duty related illness: 4
    Explosion: 1
    Gunfire: 31
    Gunfire (Accidental): 2
    Heart attack: 5
    Motorcycle accident: 1
    Struck by train: 2
    Struck by vehicle: 3
    Vehicle pursuit: 1
    Vehicular assault: 1

70 heroes have made the ultimate sacrifice this year already. It has been a crazy year, the worst in recent history. All of the heroes that have been laid to rest had family, friends and colleagues that grieve. I'm sure it would have meant the world to the survivors to have the president attend the ceremony. It's not the first memorial he has missed, unfortunately, probably wont be the last. This isnt about politics, its about the President of the United States showing his support for the men and woman who battle crime on the streets daily trying to keep America safe.
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Again, it all comes back to arrogance. He has shown by his actions, time after time, that he thinks he's too good to do what's right and proper.

Marty

jlmarta:
    shown by his actions, time after time, that he thinks he's too good to do what's right and proper.

Marty

Examples? This is a rather blanket statement that can be used about anyone you disagree with
    If you're going to quote me, Vulchor, at least try to keep in context, okay? Use the entire quote or forget it.

Marty

Ummmm, Ok Marty. Lol. I was just shortening your post there and quoting you directly....so how I could take it out of context I do not know. But if you would like me to quote the entire thing to make you happier and more willing to engage in the discussion I can most certainly take the extra 10 seconds and do that.
    Well, maybe I'm wrong but, to me, reading the statement I posted and then reading the portion you quoted, I got a different meaning from it. But, no matter, as I said - it all goes back to arrogance. This man is beyond arrogant and has neither the grace nor the decency to behave in a presidential manner.

And it has nothing to do with party affiliation...it's a matter of presidential appearance. Step back in time a few presidents and, although they were from different sides of the aisle, they at least had the decency to make the required appearances and do the right things when necessary. You don't see the current POTUS doing that.

You asked for examples? Well, obviously this thing about skipping the LE ceremony in order to play golf with an aide comes quickly to mind. I mean, an AIDE?? If it had been some head of state or something similar I could maybe see his reasoning. But an AIDE?? Give me a d@mn break. That's a slap in the face to all of us, not just the LE community.

And the accumulating list of other crap that he pulls; the flag lapel pin, the crotch salute, skipping Christian holidays but making a big deal out of muslim holidays... and the list goes on. And so you could say that those are just small things but in the aggregate they're really just one huge declaration of arrogance. He thinks he's better than everyone else and there's nothing that can immediately be done about it.

So, I guess I'll just shut up about it and go find a nice stogie to take my mind off of it.

Marty

• Geno5000Geno5000 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    I lurk a lot around here, and am often quiet, but I figured I could chime in here, but lemme give you a quick burst of where I am coming from: 1. Texan born and raised Republican who just recently switched parties to the Democratic side about 4 years ago. 2. Pro gay marriage, pro choice, pro gun ownership (non assault), pro death penalty, pro marijuana legalization, and (for everybody here) anti smoking bans. 3. I voted for George W. Bush once, but supported him both times (too young to vote first time). 4. Live in Los Angeles, CA for the past 2 years. You think you have smoking bans where YOU live? Ugh. Anywho, that's me. I just wanted to tell you guys that those of you at the point that "Obama might not even rerun" are a bit delusional. Combine Obama being the sitting President while bin Laden was captured (however the hell you want to phrase it), the Republican's ineptness so far in their Presidential Candidates, and their almost devilish legislation on the middle class (especially all that Union busting stuff), the election is far from decided. In fact, I will be very surprised if Obama is not reelected, and that's not because I want him to be, it's because coming from having been in both parties, I see a pretty clear picture.
    Geno5000:
    I lurk a lot around here, and am often quiet, but I figured I could chime in here, but lemme give you a quick burst of where I am coming from: 1. Texan born and raised Republican who just recently switched parties to the Democratic side about 4 years ago. 2. Pro gay marriage, pro choice, pro gun ownership (non assault), pro death penalty, pro marijuana legalization, and (for everybody here) anti smoking bans. 3. I voted for George W. Bush once, but supported him both times (too young to vote first time). 4. Live in Los Angeles, CA for the past 2 years. You think you have smoking bans where YOU live? Ugh. Anywho, that's me. I just wanted to tell you guys that those of you at the point that "Obama might not even rerun" are a bit delusional. Combine Obama being the sitting President while bin Laden was captured (however the hell you want to phrase it), the Republican's ineptness so far in their Presidential Candidates, and their almost devilish legislation on the middle class (especially all that Union busting stuff), the election is far from decided. In fact, I will be very surprised if Obama is not reelected, and that's not because I want him to be, it's because coming from having been in both parties, I see a pretty clear picture.
    In the words and voice of Forghorn Leghorn: "I say, I say, son.... California has done polluted your mind, son."............. "That's a joke, I say, that's a joke, son."

But seriously......All that union busting stuff? Hmmmm..... I don't know about union busting, but definitely getting tough on runaway gov't spending when it comes to unions, but whatever. Semantics.

You might wanna ask Mr. Obama about "union busting"..... Do you know where he stands on Public Education?

I'll tell you where he doesn't stand..... with the teacher's unions.
  • Geno5000Geno5000 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    Yeah, and check this out, I disagree with him on some things. I had turned away from the Republican party when I was still living in Texas. California, while a vastly inferior state in almost every way, did nothing to my political leanings. Anyway, just to say, the idea that the Republicans have the White House sewn up in 2012 is ridiculous. If they had handled their sweeping victory in 2010 a bit better I might agree, but as it stands today, I do not at all.
    Geno5000:
    Yeah, and check this out, I disagree with him on some things. I had turned away from the Republican party when I was still living in Texas. California, while a vastly inferior state in almost every way, did nothing to my political leanings. Anyway, just to say, the idea that the Republicans have the White House sewn up in 2012 is ridiculous. If they had handled their sweeping victory in 2010 a bit better I might agree, but as it stands today, I do not at all.
    I don't agree with the idea that the Reps are a shoe-in for 2012 either. One thing you can always count on is an uninformed electorate. I just don't think most (not all) 18-25 year olds make informed decisions at the polls. And that's what carries the Dem party. The only reason the Reps swept the mid-terms was because the 18-25 year olds couldn't be bothered to vote. Nobody "cool" was running. But that's just my theory. I agree that they shouldn't get too cocky.

It doesn't help that the Reps are running the Addams Family so far in the next election. There just haven't been any viable candidates coming to the table yet.........and I stress yet. I'm not freaking out like most people. There's still ages before the next election. A smart candidate is one who waits back in the wings. Watches the game unfold. And then make an informed decision on whether or not to run. That guy or gal may still be out there. Plus you'd need close to a trillion dollars in campaign funds to go up against Obama. I'll give the guy one thing. He knows how to raise some cash (even if his methods are a bit shady)
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Geno5000:
    Hello? anyone home? if obama ever wins another election it will be because he stole it. IMO.
    Hey Marty….not a problem man, not trying to misquote or anything. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion…I will simply counter with my take on some of the things you mentioned. While I agree the LE issue may have been not in the best taste----there are things every day the President SHOULD go to and does not, this just seems like something to be nitpicky in the same way the Dems got after Bush on 9/11 for his minutes sitting with the kids instead of jumping into duty---whatever that should have been.

The flag lapel pin, I don’t even know what you mean other than it being a PR move…like every leader who does something like it. The Holiday’s issue I really do have a problem with on your side----but will just leave it alone enough to say I disagree with your assertion and I don’t think the Pres. should be doing anything with any religious holiday anyway. I don’t see how you equate this to arrogance, but I am well aware you do not like the man… and as often did with W… we try to demonize and criticize all things about those in power we don’t get along with.
    Geno, I said something like what you did earlier---and I agree with your sentiment 100%. I am still a registered Republican, which those here think is crazy----but I was a Pat Buchanan Republican in that I feel the party moved away from me, not vice versa......and I reached the age of reason;)

As a side note, I dont want to get cocky here but I would gladly put any cigar bet up against anyone that Obama will win the reelection provided something unforseen (death, not run, ect) happens.
    Here's an interesting read:

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE-----SOMEONE PAID!!!!!

Had Obama not sent Churchill's bronze bust back to merry old England, and just put it in the White House basement, he would have been graced with an invitation to a the royal wedding. The American people can now more readily "understand" why the Obama's were omitted from the guest list to the Royal wedding in April! This is a very sobering article. Our handling of relationships with the Britons over the oil spill didn't help either.

From The London Daily Telegraph Editor On Foreign Relations

Quote:

"Let me be clear: I'm not normally in favor of boycotts, and I love the American people. I holiday in their country regularly, and hate the tedious snobby sneers against the United States . But the American people chose to elect an idiot who seems hell bent on insulting their allies, and something must be done to stop Obama's reckless foreign policy, before he does the dirty on his allies on every issue."

One of the most poorly kept secrets in Washington is President Obama's animosity toward Great Britain, presumably because of what he regards as its sins while ruling Kenya (1895-1963).

One of Barack Hussein Obama's first acts as president was to return to Britain a bust of Winston Churchill that had graced the Oval Office since 9/11. He followed this up by denying Prime Minister Gordon Brown, on his first state visit, the usual joint press conference with flags.

The president was "too tired" to grant the leader of America 's closest ally a proper welcome, his aides told British journalists.

Mr. Obama followed this up with cheesy gifts for Mr. Brown and the Queen. Columnist Ian Martin described his behavior as "rudeness personified." There was more rudeness in store for Mr. Brown at the opening session of the United Nations in September. "The prime minister was forced to dash through the kitchens of the UN in New York to secure five minutes of face time with President Obama after five requests for a sit down meeting were rejected by the White House", said London Telegraph columnist David Hughes. Mr.. Obama's "churlishness is unforgivable", Mr. Hughes said.

The administration went beyond snubs and slights last week when Secretary of State Hillary Clinton endorsed the demand of Argentine President Cristina Kirchner, a Hugo Chavez ally, for mediation of Argentina 's specious claim to the Falkland Islands, a British dependency since 1833. The people who live in the Falklands, who speak English, want nothing to do with Argentina . When, in 1982, an earlier Argentine dictatorship tried to seize the Falklands by force, the British -- with strong support from President Ronald Reagan -- expelled them.

"It is truly shocking that Barack Obama has decided to disregard our shared history," wrote Telegraph columnist Toby Young. "Does Britain 's friendship really mean so little to him”? One could ask, does the friendship of anyone in the entire world mean anything to him”?

"I recently asked several senior administration officials, separately, to name a foreign leader with whom Barack Obama has forged a strong personal relationship during his first year in office," wrote Jackson Diehl, deputy editorial page editor of the Washington Post, on Monday. "A lot of hemming and hawing ensued.." One official named French President Nicolas Sarkozy, but his contempt for Mr. Obama is an open secret. Another named German Chancellor Angela Merkel. But, said Mr. Diehl, "Merkel too has been conspicuously cool toward Obama."

Mr. Obama certainly doesn't care about the Poles and Czechs, whom he has betrayed on missile defense. Honduras and Israel also can attest that he's been an unreliable ally and an unfaithful friend. Ironically, our relations with both Israel and the Palestinian Authority have never been worse. Russiahas offered nothing in exchange for Mr. Obama's abandonment of missile defense. Russia and China won't support serious sanctions on Iran. Syria 's support for terrorism has not diminished despite efforts to normalize diplomatic relations. The reclusive military dictatorship that runs Burma has responded to our efforts at "engagement" by deepening its ties to North Korea .

And the Chinese make little effort to disguise their contempt for him.

For the first time in a long time, the President of the United States is actually distrusted by its allies and not in the least feared by its adversaries. Nor is Mr. Obama now respected by the majority of Americans. Understandably focused on the dismal economy and Mr. Obama's relentless efforts to nationalize and socialize health care, Americans apparently have yet to notice his dismal performance and lack of respect in the world community. They soon will.

-- London Daily Telegraph editor -- Alex Singleton

Does this give a little clearer view of what I'm saying??

Marty

It gives more support to your opinion by another like minded individual writing an editorial...if thats what youre asking.
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    jlmarta:
    This a$$hole's just overwhelmingly, incredibly arrogant, not to mention stupid.

And his wife's not much better.

Marty

Dude, I can't stand his wife!!!!! Everytime I see her face on TV I get pi$$ed off and turn the channel. Ever since she said "I can finally be proud of America!" when Obama was running for president, I'can't stand seeing her.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    jfaciane:
    jlmarta:
    This a$$hole's just overwhelmingly, incredibly arrogant, not to mention stupid.

And his wife's not much better.

Marty

Dude, I can't stand his wife!!!!! Everytime I see her face on TV I get pi$$ed off and turn the channel. Ever since she said "I can finally be proud of America!" when Obama was running for president, I'can't stand seeing her.
    I'm not very political here due to 99% of what I would have to say is bound to piss somebody off, but I can fully agree with everything said here. I can't stand his wife, and most of the time I go out to smoke or change the channel when I see her ass on TV.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Ok flood gates kind of cracked open....
    What's it gonna take all our allies to be fuc*ing alienated before we realize "hey maybe we elected the wrong sch muck from the fuc*ing get go?" Don't get me wrong in any shape or form, I LOVE America, I'm a red blooded motherfucking patriot and I would so be defending our freedoms if the Gov't hadn't been so uptight about Ritalin 15 years ago. I will defend the stars and stripes should we only have ourselves to depend on due to our "Commander in Chief" being a complete retard and screwing any diplomatic relations we should currently have. I say there's some kind of conspiracy afoot, this thought just occurring to me so bear in mind, what if he's out to screw our relations with our allies so that when we might actually need help (god forbid that day comes we are #1 fuckos) we have no Alliance to turn to? Side thought aside wtf are the people to do in a situation like this though? Gas just keeps climbing, unemployment is beyond an all time high in my state alone more or less it has to be somewhat of a similar trend across the country? I'm really curbing myself here as to not offend more the less start yet another flame war, so just my two cents is all.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Hayblet:
    What's it gonna take all our allies to be fuc*ing alienated before we realize "hey maybe we elected the wrong sch muck from the fuc*ing get go?" Don't get me wrong in any shape or form, I LOVE America, I'm a red blooded motherfucking patriot and I would so be defending our freedoms if the Gov't hadn't been so uptight about Ritalin 15 years ago. I will defend the stars and stripes should we only have ourselves to depend on due to our "Commander in Chief" being a complete retard and screwing any diplomatic relations we should currently have. I say there's some kind of conspiracy afoot, this thought just occurring to me so bear in mind, what if he's out to screw our relations with our allies so that when we might actually need help (god forbid that day comes we are #1 fuckos) we have no Alliance to turn to? Side thought aside wtf are the people to do in a situation like this though? Gas just keeps climbing, unemployment is beyond an all time high in my state alone more or less it has to be somewhat of a similar trend across the country? I'm really curbing myself here as to not offend more the less start yet another flame war, so just my two cents is all.
    A Gazillion +'s you have not offended me at all brother.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Hayblet:
    +1. Obama has repeatedly thrown Israel under the bus, insulted British dignataries by telling them that the UK is not any more important to us than any other country, sold British military secrets to Russia for cooperation on a nuclear treaty, thrown our Polish allies to the side and ditched our missile defense system so that the Russians will allow us to ship our supplies to our own troops in Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, he's preached to the world that the Muslim world (where so many people cry for the blood of Jews and the Western world) and the Russians are our friends. All this has resulted in our allies not knowing if we can be trusted and our enemies don't respect us as they believe that we are paper tigers.