Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Xtreme Sumatra?

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
Anyone try this? Thoughts?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    WTF!?! What online retailer did he special make this one for? I've given up on Rocky. I like the Nording and the Edge Sumatra aside from that count me out.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    madurofan:
    WTF!?! What online retailer did he special make this one for? I've given up on Rocky. I like the Nording and the Edge Sumatra aside from that count me out.
    what he said.

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    madurofan:
    +1
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I def want to try this. I love the Edge Sumatra and would like to see how this varies from it.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I liked the Edge Sumatra too. I've had a couple.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Its like comparing a steak to a hamburger. I tasted very little similarity, and very not worth it IMO. THe price point makes for a decent everday stick, it is mellow with some creamy and carmel notes...but the finish is lacking, and it gets hot at the end. I am with the above guys, and posted ealier about Patel and wont get in to bash him anymore here----other than to say hes a moron sometimes, lol.
    What the hell...what i said was

Thanks Maddy. He has given 5 different answers to 5 of us who have asked about the Ren/Edge...and I see that continued with you. I think I agree they are similar, but CERTAINLY NOT the same stick at all. Which is the same for the 90 and and 92 obviously, because they were some of the best sticks I ever tried when they first came out. While I like his stuff well enough, I used to really love it. Seems he is "taking the path of the gurkha" more and more to me with each passing year. Kinda the negative when a non-cigar man decides to become a big name in cigars, IMHO.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I haven't tried the X sumatra but would if the opportunity comes around. There are RP's I like and some not so much. I do get frustrated with the huge differences in his blends over the years. the 90, 92, and Decade in no way resemble what they started out as.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    fla-gypsy:
    I haven't tried the X sumatra but would if the opportunity comes around. There are RP's I like and some not so much. I do get frustrated with the huge differences in his blends over the years. the 90, 92, and Decade in no way resemble what they started out as.
    This seems to be the general consensus among many of us. I would also have to agree. I have a few 90 and 92's that have about 2 or 3 years on them and they are GREAT smokes. The ones today aren't near good of a blend imo. Maybe that has something to do with Fuego leaving and RP blending his own sticks. I think RP blended the 15th anniv himself, while I liked that smoke I didn't think it was worth the price tag.
    I wanted to like the 15th Anny...couldnt do it. I dont think its any coincidence however that several Patels are quite a bit cheaper in the B&Ms than they used to be either.