Home Non Cigar Related

Dumb. Just absolutely moronic....

lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787

Comments

• wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Lol the crusader to tighten the budget....
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    a fat b@stard as well
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    lilwing88:
    A bit hypocritical, but I still like the guy; though a heli costs a lot less than the mess he's cleaning up and the money he's saving NJ. Here's hoping he runs in 2016. As a former resident of NJ, I'd vote for him again over any of his predecessors.
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Yea this is all over our news stations. He apparently went from the game to a meeting in the area, that’s how he justifies using the chopper.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    I'm sure it costed less than a round of golf for Barry.
  • Knoxca1Knoxca1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 147
    beatnic:
    I'm sure it costed less than a round of golf for Barry.

Sadly it probably was cheaper.
    Just for my own frame of reference here------are some beginning to justify this wrong (and it is wrong any way you slice it) by giving him credit for other things OR saying "well the other guy did it first". Sounds a little like the excuses of a 3rd grader in the school yard or an inability to admit when you're wrong to me. I call shenanigans.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    I agree with Vulch...... If anything, this is worse than anything Obama does. True, Obama is guilty of the same types of excess, or even worse, but for someone who openly criticizes the Pres for spending too much... to do this, is just ignorant.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Vulchor:
    Just for my own frame of reference here------are some beginning to justify this wrong (and it is wrong any way you slice it) by giving him credit for other things OR saying "well the other guy did it first". Sounds a little like the excuses of a 3rd grader in the school yard or an inability to admit when you're wrong to me. I call shenanigans.
    its about consistency. if he wants to cut the budget everywhere he better do more than talk the talk. walk the walk and walk your ass to the game... dont take a private helicopter.

the lesson here is "actions speak louder than words"

we can see the waste.

just another "do as i say not as i do" politician.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I work on all of the helicopters the state of Indiana owns. You wouldn't believe some of the crap they used to get used for. They've cut most of the BS out but back in the day it happened all the time. If it makes you feel any better that "homeland security" logo on the side means that helicopter was purchased with a federal gov. grant so we all payed for it. :s On a side note if that aircraft were a Cadillac then our Governor flys around in a '89 Chevy S-10.
    Vulchor:
    It was stupid of him to take the helicopter; but the cost of a private helicopter makes about as much difference to the NJ budget problems as Obama sticking taxpayers with his golf/limo tab adds to the US budget deficit - which is to say, it's symbolic, but unsubstantial when you get down to the numbers
    So two wrongs make a right?.....Or are you saying a wrong on the left, means a "do-over" for a wrong on the right?
    Vulchor:
    So two wrongs make a right?.....Or are you saying a wrong on the left, means a "do-over" for a wrong on the right?
    As you pointed out in the "Obama goes golfing on Memorial day" thread, his actions make for good political theatre but don't mean much of anything and he's only getting the heat from people who don't like him. Same thing here - no one ever bats an eyelash at Governors in any State when they take heli's for private functions, but because Christie is in the limelight for tackling NJ unions and cutting the bloated budget, he's demonized on the Left and he's criticized for something that every Gov. before him, and Gov. in every other State, do almost every day.

Seems you're the one who's holding him to a higher standard than other Governors, and a higher standard than you hold Obama to (Michelle's foreign-tour entourage, anyone?), I'd guess because you don't like him.

Im holding him to the standard that he purported to hold himself to.
    Vulchor:
    By that definition, Obama's pledge to be the most hope/change/transparency/post-partisanship President has been an utter failure.

I'm not excusing his hypocrisy, because it is hypocritical of him to do this - but it's hypocritical of you to hold only politicians you don't like to a higher standard and give a pass to politicians you like

• wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    I think vulch is just looking for us to be as critical of this as we are of Obama. I for one agree I think Christie is a dirtbag for this after all his crap about how he's a conservative crusader, and the fact that so many will just look the other way and say no one is perfect is an attrocity. We can't hold our elected officials to their promises and that's a big problem in my opinion.

I think I just defended vulch.... I need a drink.
    As you have stated on multiple topics Macro (paraphrasing, not quoting) where the "liberals" talk about Bush, or WMDs, or any of the other things----------lets get over the past and stop trying to change the subject about the issue at hand.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    It would appear that some have a double standard for what is appropriate or not for Pols and what the significance of those actions are.
    I say that all politicians should get their freebees while in office. Jets, limos, sweetheart deals for their state, future contracts with a lobbying firm, serve 4 years, get a modest retirement, and then leave.
    Vulchor:
    You hung yourself, and Obama there Vulchor.
    Ummmm, I dont see how Beat...considering this is not about me or Obama-----but I guess its easier to deflect to other targets when it is someone you support in the hot seat.