Home Non Cigar Related

Madurofan ...

madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
Hey guys. I haven't been around a lot but I poke my head in occasionally. Part of that has been due to a few new hobbies for me part has just been real life. I just figured instead of answering individual questions, on how I've been(which I appreciate) and let you guys into my world a little.

OK so my inactivity really started about a year ago when the wife and I decided to up-root and move across the state of VA. We are now renting out our house in the Virginia Beach area and live 4 hours away in Massanutten ski resort. Well our new place was a major project before we could even move in so that ate up a big chunk of time. Many of you old-timers knew about all this.

So after we moved work was crazy for a long time, still tinkering with the house also. Then I got into atv's and bought one and tore it down and rebuilt it over winter. Then spring came and the golf bug hit me again and I decided I needed new clubs. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do much of anything without doing a lot of research. Hell, I subscribe to consumer reports.

All that stuff is trivial but fun and interesting. Well in early April my step-dad(who has been around since I was 6 and raised me for a large part of my life) was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. Miraculously is was operable which is next to unheard of when it comes to pancreatic cancer. He was immediately flown from Italy(where he and my Mom live) to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Being that I work from home and can turn pretty much anywhere with internet into my office, I've been here with them since May 10th when he was admitted, rotating nights with my Mom. He's now cancer free to the best of our knowledge but has a long hard recovery which so far has been 17 days in the hospital and is looking at least at 5 more best case scenario. Then 5 more days of Outpatient before he can return to their US home in Florida. Returning to Italy is up in the air all together as there medical resources are inadequate for recovering from the type of surgery he had, called Whipple if anyone is interested.

Anyways thats my life right now, one night in the hospital one in the hotel. Every few days I work at the local B&M, great place I might add, good group of regulars.

How are you f*ckers?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    its good to have you back in the mix.
    you have a way of spurring conversation around here. since the forum has been slower in the last few days, it is perfect timing.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    kuzi16:
    its good to have you back in the mix.
    you have a way of spurring conversation around here. since the forum has been slower in the last few days, it is perfect timing.
    We used to have some awesome back and forths RP v. Gurkha etc. Neither of us care much for either of those anymore. We need a new conversation starter.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Glad to see ya back around man! Hope you can make it to nova sometime to herf with us! Sorry to hear about the step-dad but really glad to hear that they were able to successfully operate on him. That's amazing! Whenever you head back to Massanutten, let us know and maybe we can get a herf together
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Im new on here esp. Compaired to you but its glad to have another wealth of knowledge around here. Im a big atv guy myself. Nothing better than riding to the top of a mountain and having a good cigar. Glad to hear your stepfather is recovering. That's nothing short of amazing with that type of cancer. Welcome back.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    ENFIDL:
    Whenever you head back to Massanutten, let us know and maybe we can get a herf together
    I definetly will. I have a good buddy in Dumfries thats a cigar smoker as well we'll make it happen.
    T thanks man. I was a boat/jet ski guy my whole life, moved to the mountains and figured out an atv is the jet ski of mountains lol.