Home Non Cigar Related

NY Times asks readers to find dirt on Sarah Palin

xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
Funny times we live in - the newspaper that broke the Pentagon papers, sifting through hundreds of thousands of pages, is asking readers to sift through 24,200 pages to find dirt on Sarah Palin. Ever heard of a paper asking for help from readers? Nope; it's never happened before. Ever heard of a newspaper asking readers to investigate a single politician? Nope; never happened before.

It's unprecedented - the Pentagon papers were reviewed entirely internally - no help from the anti-war people. It's pretty sad, that a newspaper like the Old Gray Lady needs to ask readers to find dirt on a politician, just because they don't like her but don't want to devote their dwindling resources to it themselves.

The blurb:

Help Us Review the Sarah Palin E-Mail Records
By DEREK WILLIS
On Friday, the State of Alaska will release more than 24,000 of Sarah Palin’s e-mails covering much of her tenure as governor of Alaska. Times reporters will be in Juneau, the state capital, to begin the process of reviewing the e-mails, which we will be posting on NYtimes.com starting on Friday afternoon.

We’re asking readers to help us identify interesting and newsworthy e-mails, people and events that we may want to highlight. Interested users can fill out a simple form to describe the nature of the e-mail, and provide a name and e-mail address so we’ll know who should get the credit. Join us here on Friday afternoon and into the weekend to participate.

Comments

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Such a transparent view of their souls. Sad.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    beatnic:
    Such a transparent view of their souls. Sad.
    +1, they are wearing their political affiliation on their sleeve but we already knew where they stood
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Liberalism....what a diesease, It's like the plague.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    It's a shame they can't do this kind of digging on someone who's actually in office, huh?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Why do you need dirt on this broad? Doesnt she do enough damage to herself?
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    ^ Though many conservatives like her quite a bit, her poll ratings with independents are in the dumpster - something like 60 or 70% of independents have a negative opinion of her. The only reason anyone would still go after her is pure malice, a type of Palin-mania that believes she needs to be destroyed at all costs.
    Indeed, many LOVE her I will say. However, she is political suicide for the party in any election she runs and indeps vote will matter.
    They absolutely hate that a strong woman with such a following is anti abortion. They will stop at nothing to smear her. It's the same bs as it is with minority repubs.
    I dont think she could define the difference between abortion, abolition, and adulation.------I also know several woman (and yes, some of the republicans) that would take great offense to her being considered a strong woman........Just because you can dumb something down for everyone to understand, and to make snide comments about those who say bad things about you does not make you strong.
    Was on my phone, driving, and trying to keep it short. Not just abortion but a strong conservative view. She breaks the stereotype that mothers are suckers for compassion and anything sold as such. She is dangerous to the dems female numbers plain and simple and they'll stop at nothing to neutralize that threat. From what I've read so far these emails will do nothing, but I'm sure they'll find some mole hill to grow into a mountain.
  • JCizzleJCizzle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,910
    I have some dirt on her: She's a dumb C U Next Tuesday. ..oh wait.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Whatever anyone might say about Palin (and I am not a particular fan or otherwise) I will choose her over that liberal spend and tax pecksniffian Nancy Peloci every day of the week and twice on Sunday. At least Palin could govern a state within a budget.
  • bipbip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    pretty interesting how this thread went from a newspaper asking it's readers to help them find some dirt on a politician to talking about the politician itself.
    I would think the more important news would be a newspaper ( which is supposed to be impartial) going after someone. Hmm kind of reminds me of the court system now. What I think is even more interesting is that people are willing to let it happen. People have become sheep.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    What's really funny is that they're telegraphing the fact that they (lib) are terrified of her. It just makes me want her to run even more.
    I hope she does.
  • bipbip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    This country's gov. def needs to be shaken up.