Home Non Cigar Related

MMA Junkies in here

Comments

• CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Moving on, I'll watch the card, upset about the injury, but all I can think about now is Diaz outboxing Penn....BJ is bad, but this is gonna be a test....I'm for Diaz....
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    If Diaz still has a job by the time the fight happens. I wouldn't be too shocked if he gets booted after missing the conference call yesterday. I could see Dana firing him and throwing Koscheck in against Penn...
    ENFIDL:
    If Diaz still has a job by the time the fight happens. I wouldn't be too shocked if he gets booted after missing the conference call yesterday. I could see Dana firing him and throwing Koscheck in against Penn...
    what....what happned????
    CvilleE:
    ENFIDL:
    what....what happned????
    Diaz was 45 min late into a conference call for the card yesterday. Said he didn't know. Dana kind of put the blame on the UFC but left it open so yeah....lol
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    ENFIDL:
    what....what happned????
    Diaz was 45 min late into a conference call for the card yesterday. Said he didn't know. Dana kind of put the blame on the UFC but left it open so yeah....lol
    he's always been kinda of a rogue....so i can totally see that happening...he doesn't need to play around to much though...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Sweet, Scott Jorgensen made it to the main card after Tavares went out with an injury, so much more excited for that match up.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    j0z3r:
    Sweet, Scott Jorgensen made it to the main card after Tavares went out with an injury, so much more excited for that match up.
    I love watching jorgensen fight. That guy is a beast.
    Time for some UFC 137 picks!

Penn vs Diaz - Diaz
    Kongo vs Mitrione - Mitrione
    Hatsu Hioki vs George Roop - Hioki
    Mirko Filipovic vs Roy Nelson - Nelson
    Jeff Curran vs Scott Jorgensen - Jorgensen
    Dennis Siver vs Donald Cerrone - Cerrone
    ENFIDL:

Penn vs Diaz - Diaz
    Same, except I pick Penn over Diaz. Could go either way though.
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:

Penn vs Diaz - Diaz
    Same, except I pick Penn over Diaz. Could go either way though.
    It was tough pick for me I sat there staring at who to put down for that one lol
    If Penn has good conditioning coming in, then I think he takes it. If his cardio dumps out in rd 2, Diaz runs away with it. After that staredown at the weigh-ins, I'm pumped for this fight.
    dissapointed with every fight then penn vs. diaz....what a battle....spoiler (if u haven't seen it yet) BJ retired...didn't act like the guy he claimed to be when he done it...upset I understand, but he has fans that expected way more from him (even me)...take a loss like a man, ...GSP vs DIAZ...he called him out...I love it....
    I expected a more competitive fight than that, Penn looked like he didn't belong there.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 843
    The fights weren't too bad. I was sad to see Cro Cop retire. He just hasn't been himself since he stepped into the UFC. I don't think the will to fight was there anymore. He just would never pull that trigger on his head kicks and he seemed slow these days. No head movement for the most part. Big Country can call out the winner of Cain and JDS, but I still think he needs to win 1-2 more fights before he gets a title shot.

Diaz looked good. Penn looked like ***. Penn did well in the first round, but his tank was empty coming out for the second round. Diaz was his typical self except that he didn't trach talk and wave his arms all over the place like he usually does. I didn't think Penn would retire after the fight. I think he might come back by the end of next year. Maybe a little time away with his family and he might start to feel the passion again. he needs to get out of Hawaii and train with other guys and other camps. He has so much potential but I don't think he will every truely live up to his fullest as a fighter.

As for Diaz. I hate the MFer. I respect him as a fighter. his skills are great. As a person, I think he is trash. He was great in the Penn fight. he did everything he needed to do to win. Does he deserve a title fight now? I think so. Do I think he should go ahead of Condit to get it? No. But, he pissed off GSP with this bitching and moaning after the fight so GSP begged Dana White to give him the shot instead of Condit. I remeber Diaz's corner men yelling after the fight, "Call out GSP. Call out that fucker!". Then he says GSP is ducking him. Lying about his injuer. WTH?!?! He also said "Is this what I got to do to get a title fight?" Again, WTF!?!?! Diaz, you had a title fight. It was all yours. you messed up. You didn't make the press conferences. you blamed everyone for missing them and not yourself. man up you little ***. Stopping acting like a cry baby or 13 year old girl not asked out to Homecoming. I hope GSP beats his ass for five rounds. It should be a good fight though. Too bad for Condit. He has to wait to fight that winner, if he makes it past his next fight.

Rant it over!

Rob
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Man i cant wait for the dos santos vs velasquez fight this saturday, i got cain winning in the third round ground and pound tko, i just hope the fight is exciting
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    i only caught the main event of ufc 138, damn! the munoz/leben fiight was great!!
    big chunks:
    Man i cant wait for the dos santos vs velasquez fight this saturday, i got cain winning in the third round ground and pound tko, i just hope the fight is exciting
    I have a hard time seeing this fight not being exciting. As much as I like Cain and think he beats 99% of heavyweights in the world, I've got JDS taking this one by (T)KO first or second. Really though, these guys are so explosive it might just come down to who lands first.
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    still mad about fox only showing that one fight!
    I know, that is kind of lame...at least they could show a dual feature of Bendo v Guida and Cain v JDS, that would be badass.
    j0z3r:
    big chunks:
    I have a hard time seeing this fight not being exciting. As much as I like Cain and think he beats 99% of heavyweights in the world, I've got JDS taking this one by (T)KO first or second. Really though, these guys are so explosive it might just come down to who lands first.
    My worry is ring rust for Cain, but I'm still gonna pull for'm....
    j0z3r:
    I know, that is kind of lame...at least they could show a dual feature of Bendo v Guida and Cain v JDS, that would be badass.
    Yeah I think it's really lame that it's only the one fight but I think it'll be one helluva fight! So excited for it
    And just in case any of you weren't aware, the whole card will be aired on Fox Deportes, the Spanish language sports channel. Now whether you get that or not is another question entirely.
    j0z3r:
    And just in case any of you weren't aware, the whole card will be aired on Fox Deportes, the Spanish language sports channel. Now whether you get that or not is another question entirely.
    Oh man Goldie and Rogan in spanish....makes me wish I got Deportes lol
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:

Que sería increíble sabes, pero aspira que la UFC no muestra estas peleas en un canal en el corazón de donde son su visualización populaton, origen o ingresos. ¿Me estoy perdiendo algo aquí además de ser capaz de hablar a español?
    CvilleE:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:

Que sería increíble sabes, pero aspira que la UFC no muestra estas peleas en un canal en el corazón de donde son su visualización populaton, origen o ingresos. ¿Me estoy perdiendo algo aquí además de ser capaz de hablar a español?
    Reading this post makes me feel like I'm getting lectured by Charlie Brown's teacher because I have no clue what any of says besides UFC lol
    j0z3r:
    big chunks:
    Totally missed this. I'm right there with you Joe. Cain is a monster but so is JDS. Total fireworks
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:

Reading this post makes me feel like I'm getting lectured by Charlie Brown's teacher because I have no clue what any of says besides UFC lol
    Snoopy gave me the words lol....i did have a meaning in it by the way...had to use a translater, but seemed to fit..????
    I just want to hear the Spanish version of Goldy saying " his precision is, um...very precise.", that would make my day.
    j0z3r:
    I just want to hear the Spanish version of Goldy saying " his precision is, um...very precise.", that would make my day.
    say this over and over in a quear voice and you'll have it ..lol..

su precisión es, um... muy precisa
    CvilleE:
    j0z3r:
    say this over and over in a quear voice and you'll have it ..lol..

su precisión es, um... muy precisa
    I love it!