Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Geoffrey. You have a cool gig going there. I'm kind of jealous.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome new folks.
  • chRONic527chRONic527 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21
    perkinke:
    chRONic527:
    Hello BOTL's I've been smoking for about a year now after a 17 year cigarette habit and I absolutely love it! These forums are great to get to know people and the sticks they smoke! I love when people talk about getting bombed and show the pics of all the sticks they got! I would *** my pants if that ever happen to me. Lol. Well smoke on brothers!!!
    Better get some Depends then dude, it'll happen. ;) Welcome!

Haha I hope you are right!! I just think that is so cool. I love my BOTL!!
    smoke em if you got em:
    chRONic527:
    Hello BOTL's I've been smoking for about a year now after a 17 year cigarette habit and I absolutely love it! These forums are great to get to know people and the sticks they smoke! I love when people talk about getting bombed and show the pics of all the sticks they got! I would *** my pants if that ever happen to me. Lol. Well smoke on brothers!!!
    where you from? Los Angeles??

Naw from Chicago!!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    The feeling of bombing someone is much better than getting bombed. Be sure to read some of the threads in cigar 101

welcome to the forums and have a ton of fun
    brianetz1:
    The feeling of bombing someone is much better than getting bombed. Be sure to read some of the threads in cigar 101

welcome to the forums and have a ton of fun
    I bet it does. I wanna blow someone's mailbox to bits and pieces as soon as I find the right person!!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    chRONic527:
    smoke em if you got em:
    chRONic527:
    Naw from Chicago!!
    Cool..just trying to make the Chronic connection..you know like Dr. Dre...nevermind..lol
    smoke em if you got em:
    chRONic527:
    smoke em if you got em:
    chRONic527:
    Naw from Chicago!!
    Cool..just trying to make the Chronic connection..you know like Dr. Dre...nevermind..lol
    Haha naw I hear yah. Just something I like to do from time to time. Lol
    Just in case one of you newbies needs a new cheap humidor; Cigar.com has their intro 40ct humidor and 10 cigars for 29.95 right now. Pretty decent cigars in there for under 2.50 a stick when you factor in the humidor:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=1010
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Hey all,

I'm from the Pacific Northwest and have been smoking cigars on and off for the last couple years but just recently started taking the hobby seriously. I've been ordering mostly diverse samplers trying to try as much variety as I can. Look forward to learning from and with you all.

Welcome Echambers. We have a lot of cool brothers up your way in the Pacific Northwest. Look up the NW herf thread and check 'em out.

NW Herf Thread Link

Click on that link. It should open in a separate window.
  • scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322
    Welcome to the forum, there are a great bunch of guys here, get yourself a sponsor if you want to get involved in trades and such
    welcome man....plenty of the northwest guys around here so you will be right at home.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Howdy all you new guys and gals !
  • the_barberthe_barber Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 50
    Bob Luken:
    Welcome Geoffrey. You have a cool gig going there. I'm kind of jealous.
    It has been pretty cool, like i mentioned we just moved here so this particular gig is a dream come true, moving from a small town where i worked at the only barbershop for 50 miles was kinda boring, at the new shop everything is exciting and rock'n'roll lol! never a dull moment for sure, not to mention everyone moves at light speed, not in the shop, but in general, no one likes to sloooooowwwwww down. but i'm sure as it goes on i will get adjusted.....but yeah, real cool shop, definitely best barber gig ever.
    Is this your shop?! I was digging through some old posts and stumbled upon this video. Then I looked up Sellersville, PA and it's near Philly so I thought I'd ask.

• MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome newbs:-)
  • cbuckcbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    Hello everyone. My name is Charlie. Live in CT. 58 years old. I have been a "lurker" since March of 2012, when I placed my first order with ccom. I started smoking in Oct 2011, purchasing at local B&Ms. A friend turned me on to ccom, and while I still buy some special stuff at the B&M, you can't beat ccom's service and prices! I was a 42 year cig smoker, which I gave up about 3 years before picking up a cigar. Probably good to have had the break, as I don't have the inclination to inhale. Thanks for all the good info I have picked up here.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    cbuck:
    Hello everyone. My name is Charlie. Live in CT. 58 years old. I have been a "lurker" since March of 2012, when I placed my first order with ccom. I started smoking in Oct 2011, purchasing at local B&Ms. A friend turned me on to ccom, and while I still buy some special stuff at the B&M, you can't beat ccom's service and prices! I was a 42 year cig smoker, which I gave up about 3 years before picking up a cigar. Probably good to have had the break, as I don't have the inclination to inhale. Thanks for all the good info I have picked up here.
    Welcome!
    Welcome Charlie! I guess you already know everybody. LOL
    And then some! Thanks for the welcome!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Welcome CBUCK!
    Good to have you!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Welcome! To all the newbs I've missed!
    Howdy all Newbies !
    Thank you all!
  • LuckyCohibaLuckyCohiba Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hello All! I just joined the forum and I am super excited to have a place other than a B&M to talk about cigars! (My wife is really not interested) lol. I love to have a good smoke and a nice rum or scotch. Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot from the more experienced BOTL! I'm new to the forum but I have been seriously smoking (if there is such a thing) since 06. Wishing everyone well!
    Howdy lucky! Welcome, your in the right place. Lots of good folk ! Some crazier than others...... lol
  • scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322
    Welcome Lucky...great bunch of people on here
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    I am guessing ur stick of choice is Cohiba? Lol. Welcome to thunder dome! Lol.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519