Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    welcome aboard newbies
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    kaspera79:
    brc81:
    Hello everyone!  Long time lurker, but just recently started posting.  Been into cigars for a few years.  Have my small 50ct humi filled as well as my coolerdor which will comfortably hold a few hundred.  Favorites include La Aurora, 5 Vegas (all of them), Arturo Fuente, and some of the Rocky Patels.  One of my favorite "go-to" cigars is the cigar.com cameroon label. 
    Hey brc.. have you found any new favorites based on comments posted here by other members ? I am always picking up singles/5 packs based on suggestions made here.

Almost everything I've purchased has been on a recommendation on this board or another I visit.  Very rarely do I make a complete blind purchase and those that I have purchased blindly haven't always turned out the best. 
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome Sarge. Nording !! Vintage 92.. and my Gurkha experiences are still expanding.. So far they have been all positive. I been smoking cigars many years now and still find new favorites based on positive comments by the members here.
  • Joel H.Joel H. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 101
    Hi all my name is Joel and im from Wisconsin. I have been lurking around on here for awhile and finally made an order about a month ago. I picked up the 3 for 5 deal of padilla's and a 5 vegas assortment. So far i have enjoyed the vegas gold the most. Last week i ordered up some gurka turks,nubs, the man o war daily deal and a few others based on peoples reviews. I cant wait for those to show up!
    Welcome Joel - sit back and enjoy the knowledge and the comedy ...I've lost track of which I enjoy more...
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    Hello all. My name is Russ. I noticed the forums a while ago and have been lurking around, and I decided to finally post something. I've been buying from ccom for a few months since I just got into the hobby.
    Welcome russ, Joel and all others I may have missed.. It is great to have so many new people here.
    Welcome newbsters
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Welcome aboard, Russ.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Dad, I think he's gonna pork her...he's not going to pork her, Russ.
  • adrianganemadrianganem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Hi everyone,

I'm Adrian from Monterrey, Mexico.

I've recently allowed my self to indulge on the aroma and taste of the cigar. I've decided to stop smoking (cigarettes), one of many reasons, because I wanted to taste the cigar even better.

Not yet found my favorite, If there will be one!

I'm looking forward on learning and sharing with you guys.
    Hey Adrian, welcome ..I have been looking for a while now and still don't have a favorite.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    adrianganem:
    I'm looking forward on learning and sharing with you guys.
    many noobs say that on this thread. I just wish a few more kept up on it. I always love getting new perspectives on cigars from people with unbiased eyes.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    wow, so many newbies! Welcome to the forum. There is some good info here as well as many helpful people. I'm still fairly new and these doods have made me feel right at home evn though I haven't posted too much. Cheers Jeff
    Jdorais:
    wow, so many newbies! Welcome to the forum. There is some good info here as well as many helpful people. I'm still fairly new and these doods have made me feel right at home evn though I haven't posted too much.
    i think thats because we respect people here. your opinion matters.... as well it should.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    kuzi16:
    Jdorais:
    wow, so many newbies! Welcome to the forum. There is some good info here as well as many helpful people. I'm still fairly new and these doods have made me feel right at home evn though I haven't posted too much.
    i think thats because we respect people here. your opinion matters.... as well it should.
    That's exactly why I decided to stick around and start posting. Too many forums forget that, and respect is only shown to the regulars with very high post counts. I don't get that feeling at all here.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    lol, it's always good to have a lot of new posters here, the more the better!
    and, if we all really wanna get to know as much as we can about cigars and explore as much as we can about em, more opinions will only fuel the fire.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Thought I'd "bump" this.
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Robert here age 42, been smoking cigars for a year now and have been learning the ins and outs of the fine art of cigar smoking from this web forum. Your'e all a great bunch of guys!
    Howdy, robert. You've been posting for a while, though, right? If not, there's another numbered "robert" around here somewhere.
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    No your right, that's me, I just wanted to let you guys know who I was since I really didn't introduce myself when I started posting.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    Sup CCOM? My name is Vincent and I'm 21, working towards a computer science degree. I currently go to college in the SF Bay Area.
    welcome aboard Major
    MAJORdorMo:
    Sup CCOM? My name is Vincent and I'm 21, working towards a computer science degree. I currently go to college in the SF Bay Area.
    Hey major D. welcome to the group.. You are in good company.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    kaspera79:
    MAJORdorMo:
    Hey major D. welcome to the group.. You are in good company.

Thanks ^_^
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Welcome young'en.
  • darren.leclerc68darren.leclerc68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I'm Darren who lives in Orlando, FL. I've been smoking cigars now for a little over a year and love it. My first cigar I tried as a Monte Cristo #2. I'm really loving the Rockey Patel brands.