Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    dennisking:
    I'm Dennis. 33, live in Salem OR. I started enjoying cigars about 8 years ago, or at least I tried. I smoked them too fast, they weren't stored properly, etc. My best friends father in law used to give him boxes of Indian Tabacs so we would smoke those and that's what got me started. I still like all Rocky Patels/ITC for the most part, some Fuente's, although the higher end (OpusX) are hard to come by in my area. I also like a lot of Perdomos, the Habano Maduro is a fav. of mine. I tend to like the darker or spicier cigars. I stumbled across the forum by accident, I just placed my second order on here for the Gurkha deal so I'm looking forward to trying something new. Anyway, nice to meet all of you, I'm looking forward to learning more.
    Welcome Dennis. Pull up a chair, and enjoy the conversations. Great info. shared here.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Welcome Dennis. Lots of good info and good guys here!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    jsnake:
    Welcome Dennis. Lots of good info and good guys here!
    Snake said it best. Welcome to you Dennis - glad to have you on the forum!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    welcome Sir Dennis.
  • Poker SlobPoker Slob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 996
    Welcome Dennis...I'm a newbie also. I try to get on the forum daily. Soon you will be doing the same. Good stuff, good people.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    Poker Slob:
    Welcome Dennis...I'm a newbie also. I try to get on the forum daily. Soon you will be doing the same. Good stuff, good people.
    hell, i've been on here staring at cigars every day for like a month with my mouth watering. i had no idea that this forum was full of such good info or i would've joined sooner
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    dennisking:
    Poker Slob:
    hell, i've been on here staring at cigars every day for like a month with my mouth watering. i had no idea that this forum was full of such good info or i would've joined sooner
    Welcome!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Dennis, Glad to have you here with us. Stop by often, let everyone know what your thinking about, get involved in a few trades, Feel right at home !!
  • zadelapzadelap Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    Hello everyone, my name is Zach, I'm inches away from kissing my 20's goodbye (i'll be 30 in 9 days.) I wanted to get in on the forums because some of these games look like alot of fun. I live outside Philly but grew up in upstate NY. I'm some what new to cigars but being as compulsive as i am i have built quite a little collection going here thanks to this site and andy d answering all of my questions. Look for more posts soon! Nice to meet everyone.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    zadelap:
    Hello everyone, my name is Zach, I'm inches away from kissing my 20's goodbye (i'll be 30 in 9 days.) I wanted to get in on the forums because some of these games look like alot of fun. I live outside Philly but grew up in upstate NY. I'm some what new to cigars but being as compulsive as i am i have built quite a little collection going here thanks to this site and andy d answering all of my questions. Look for more posts soon! Nice to meet everyone.
    Welcome and Happy Early Bday!!! Let me be the first to deal out the spankings....

oh.... I'll wait till you get to know me first...
  • zadelapzadelap Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8
    thanks for the birthday wishes, maybe we should settle on you being the first to send me birthday wishes rather than the spankings
    Hey Zach... welcome. Don't worry, 30s not so bad. Pick out a nice one for that special day.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    WTF no one spanked me when I got here!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    jsnake:
    WTF no one spanked me when I got here!
    Give it time
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Hi Y'all, My name is Jason and I am 31yo. I am relatively new to the cigar smoking experience, but am learning quickly. I am friends with jihiggs and he is showing me the ropes (along with you guys here on the forums). I am a CNC machinist and live in the Seattle area. I am thinking about making a coolidor this weekend because I have a whole bunch of sticks coming in next week and nowhere near enough space. I've read that it's no use going small, and I don't have the budget to go big and fancy.

My experience as of yet is pretty limited, but so far, I am liking anything by RP and La Aroma De Cuba. I had a 5 Vegas series A that was ok and am a huge fan of the few El Cobre's I've had from Jimmy's stash. Not digging the Macanudo Maduro I had or Punch.

I am really looking forward to trying out the variety that I have coming to further expand my horizons and hone in on the flavors I like. Thanks for providing such a great site and forum to make for an enjoyable learning experience.

Jason
    Hello new dudes...
    Duder2:
    Hi Y'all, My name is Jason and I am 31yo. I am relatively new to the cigar smoking experience, but am learning quickly. I am friends with jihiggs and he is showing me the ropes (along with you guys here on the forums). I am a CNC machinist and live in the Seattle area. I am thinking about making a coolidor this weekend because I have a whole bunch of sticks coming in next week and nowhere near enough space. I've read that it's no use going small, and I don't have the budget to go big and fancy.

My experience as of yet is pretty limited, but so far, I am liking anything by RP and La Aroma De Cuba. I had a 5 Vegas series A that was ok and am a huge fan of the few El Cobre's I've had from Jimmy's stash. Not digging the Macanudo Maduro I had or Punch.

I am really looking forward to trying out the variety that I have coming to further expand my horizons and hone in on the flavors I like. Thanks for providing such a great site and forum to make for an enjoyable learning experience.

Jason

Not liking Macanudo and Punch are both good things....
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    welcome to the 2 newbies from another noob. this is a good info place, i've already learned a lot. looking forward to learning more. anyway, welcome
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Welcome to the new guys. This board is a great place to hang, and the games ARE a bunch of fun (if you have the inventory to back it up lol). I'm bulking up my inventory now so I'll be in the games again soon...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Welcome to the new folks. Great bunch here and you all will learn a lot. Enjoy.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Wow, lots of new folks and I haven't said 'hi' to any of them yet. Well, welcome to you all!! This is a very pleasant group of guys to speak with and they know their tobacco.
    Hey jason, welcome to the family.
  • InternationalLogInternationalLog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi,
    Newbie here. Been around for a little while. Just got my first COTMC order and I've been stoked since. If there wasn't any rain today, I would've cracked it open, but it was pouring, and I couldn't bear it outside...so I went out for a small J Fuego Delirium instead. I'm looking forward to some great times here, and I've already had great interactions with Cigar.com's customer service. It's the closest thing to actually having someone walk you into their humidor and show you around. Cheers, and good smokes!

P.S: I wasn't able to login to the forums with Firefox 3 on Apple OS X 10.5. Anyone else experience that?

~Thom
    InternationalLog:
    Hi, Newbie here. Been around for a little while. Just got my first COTMC order and I've been stoked since. If there wasn't any rain today, I would've cracked it open, but it was pouring, and I couldn't bear it outside...so I went out for a small J Fuego Delirium instead. I'm looking forward to some great times here, and I've already had great interactions with Cigar.com's customer service. It's the closest thing to actually having someone walk you into their humidor and show you around. Cheers, and good smokes! P.S: I wasn't able to login to the forums with Firefox 3 on Apple OS X 10.5. Anyone else experience that? ~Thom

welcome and sorry bout your firefox mishap. I've noticed since they've gone to FF 3 it has become way less stable. Like mine crashes after flash videos and i have no idea how to fix it. So i just use opera.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Hey Thom, welcome..Where do you call home ?
  • InternationalLogInternationalLog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    kaspera79:
    Hey Thom, welcome..Where do you call home ?

I'm up in Boston. I was referring to Gloucester Street Cigar Co in my earlier post about actually being walked through someone's humidor. If anybody is in the area, I'd love to enjoy a smoke sometime.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Thanks everyone, these daily deals and the weekend blitz are killing me! (oh so good though) I've gone from 0 to almost a hundred sticks in about a week. I really need to slow down...
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Welcome Duder2!