Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Welcome to the forum. Nice to have you.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
  • rynerryner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    Hello everyone, my name is Greg. I'm probably the only bloke in this forum (I think) from Singapore which is across the globe from most of you guys. I have been indulging in this hobby for a good 5 years, started out with stogies from the ISOM, as they are probably the only stogies around locally.

Not contented with the strength and body of most ISOM sticks, I had to find other alternatives and stumbled across the holy grail which is C.Com, been enjoying my Stogies mainly from AJ ever since.

My daily rotations have seen a massive makeover ever since I started buying from c.com and now mainly consists of:

Diesel UC
    5 Vegas Classic
    5 Vegas AAA
    MOW PA
    and many other fantastic stogies

In my opinion joining this forum is akin to joining a family. :)

Cheers guys.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Welcome to the forums man! Buy a bigger humidor or cooler. You're gonna need it lol
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    ryner:
    Hello everyone, my name is Greg. I'm probably the only bloke in this forum (I think) from Singapore which is across the globe from most of you guys. I have been indulging in this hobby for a good 5 years, started out with stogies from the ISOM, as they are probably the only stogies around locally.

Not contented with the strength and body of most ISOM sticks, I had to find other alternatives and stumbled across the holy grail which is C.Com, been enjoying my Stogies mainly from AJ ever since.

My daily rotations have seen a massive makeover ever since I started buying from c.com and now mainly consists of:

Diesel UC
    5 Vegas Classic
    5 Vegas AAA
    MOW PA
    and many other fantastic stogies

Cheers guys.

Well you are getting a big welcome from here in Colorado! Couldn't agree more, a well put otgether forum is very much like a family, so welcome to ours! Great choices in sticks, if you like some of the fuller-bodied choices you mihgt enjoy checking out the "obsidian", haven't tried it myself but I have heard good things, anyone care to comment?
  • JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    ryner:
    ...and that's the truth! Watch it though. The way people express affection for our fellow BORKs around here can be pretty...explosive! {B-)

• rynerryner Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14
    Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. Btw, may I ask what does BORK stands for?

:)
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    ryner:
    Thanks for the warm welcome gentlemen. Btw, may I ask what does BORK stands for?

:)
    Same as BOTL but started as a typo from ENFIDEL, welcome
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Welcome brother.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Welcome from Florida
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    fla-gypsy:
    Welcome from Florida

And from sunny California!!
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    jlmarta:
    fla-gypsy:
    Welcome from Florida

And from sunny California!!
    Welcome from the stormy wet Kentucky.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Welcome from Memphis, crime capitol of the South... I love it though!
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    Shows you how new i am.... I just now found this thread... lol.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Good to have you brother.
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Been posting at the sister for quite some time. I thought I would see how the dark side is? I like all things cigar. Mainly Tatuaje, Illusione, LFD, and of course Oliva.
  • Troutman59Troutman59 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi; I'm Lee, 60, Ilive in eastern Washington state. I have learned a lot from this forum where I have been lurking for a few months and feel very much at home with all of you who are going broke from these great deals CCom has going. I find it hard to say no (except to my wife of 42 years when she says slow down on the purchases). I have been smoking cigars about 8 mounths so am a newbie. Appreciate the honor of joining you all but will probably contribute more to asking questions then providing effective input. Please be patient.
    Troutman59:
    Hi; I'm Lee, 60, Ilive in eastern Washington state. I have learned a lot from this forum where I have been lurking for a few months and feel very much at home with all of you who are going broke from these great deals CCom has going. I find it hard to say no (except to my wife of 42 years when she says slow down on the purchases). I have been smoking cigars about 8 mounths so am a newbie. Appreciate the honor of joining you all but will probably contribute more to asking questions then providing effective input. Please be patient.
    i'm right here with you troutman. You have a lot more cigars in then I do, so don't feel bad. Welcome!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    howtobass:
    Troutman59:
    i'm right here with you troutman. You have a lot more cigars in then I do, so don't feel bad. Welcome!
    Welcome Mr. Bass & Mr. Trout,Big Fan of all things wet and fishy
    The Kid:
    howtobass:
    Troutman59:
    Welcome Mr. Bass & Mr. Trout,Big Fan of all things wet and fishy
    I already see it coming... these two new guys look fishy to me....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ...welcome new fish !
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Welcome Men! I'm a newer guy myself but have to say that everyone has been incredibly kind and very helpful. You might have a couple puns anda few pokes but no one will look down on you for asking any question what-so-ever! Feel free to post guys, its a great family to be a part of :) --Jarman
  • walsh29walsh29 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hi. Ive been lurking on here for a few months now. Everyone seems very helpful on here. I started a little over a year ago, so im looking for as much information as i can
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    walsh29:
    Hi. Ive been lurking on here for a few months now. Everyone seems very helpful on here. I started a little over a year ago, so im looking for as much information as i can
    you've come to the right place. Nice to have you!

I'm prob not the first to tell you this, and won't be the last... go buy a cooler! lol
    BigT06:
    walsh29:

I'm prob not the first to tell you this, and won't be the last... go buy a cooler! lol
    After watching all the games, passes, bombs and trades, I now know why you told me to get a cooler when I first got here... The wife is in for a surprise when I get home. lol.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    howtobass:
    BigT06:
    walsh29:

After watching all the games, passes, bombs and trades, I now know why you told me to get a cooler when I first got here... The wife is in for a surprise when I get home. lol.
    Not sure if anyone has told you this, but you should buy two coolers. ;)
    JudoChinX:
    howtobass:
    BigT06:
    walsh29:

Not sure if anyone has told you this, but you should buy two coolers. ;)
    LOL.
  • cigarsk8ercigarsk8er Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hey guys my name is Andrew and i'm new to this thing been smoking cigars for 4 years now and am an experience smoker and love to smoke them and learn more bout them. I co-own a cigar shop here in Manassas, Va and i'm friends with xIcedguardianx.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    .. Welcome Andrew, nice to have you here with us.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    cigarsk8er:
    Hey guys my name is Andrew and i'm new to this thing been smoking cigars for 4 years now and am an experience smoker and love to smoke them and learn more bout them. I co-own a cigar shop here in Manassas, Va and i'm friends with xIcedguardianx.
    What's up Andrew! Glad to see ya on here man