Home Non Cigar Related

Casey Anthony Verdict - FINAL QUESTION

The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
Acquitted of the first degree murder of her daughter, convicted on four counts of lying to investigators relating to her daughter's death. Given the evidence brought against her, what does this verdict say about America's legal system?

Ready... GO!

Comments

• jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    O.J. Revisited......

Marty

• wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    The evidence was pretty week and filled with sub par police work IMHO
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    I just . . . do not care in the slightest. I never cared about this trial - I have no idea what the verdict is, and honestly just do not care.

Kid is killed by parents? Happens all the time!!! In the ghetto, mom neglects the kids and they wind up dead - happens everyday;, in the suburbs, mom goes crazy and drowns them - happens enough that no one is surprised at it anymore.

I never understood why the media latched onto this single trial, when parent-kills-kid happens everyday, and it's really not shocking if you read the local paper every day

EDIT - $20 says she does like OJ and writes a book, "If I did it"

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    wwestern:
    yup... people letting their emotions get the best of them in this case. she may have done it, but there is no hard evidence. cant prove it. the verdict backs that up.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Eh she'll only be free until she gets caught stealing football memorabilia in Vegas
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    Watch it from closing arguments on. 31 days you know your daughter is dead and in the trunk of your car???She didn't plan to kill her so it wasn't premeditated. It was a accident from drugging her child so she could go enjoy a night out with friends. She thought that she was still alive returned home and found her dead. There was no evidence she killed her, yes, but she neglected her and tried to sedate her so she could go out??? She murder that child, not murder in cold blood, but murder through child abuse and neglect. That still deserves Murder 1 according to the judges instructions and the jury couldn't do it. Weak and an obvious picture of how desparate things have become in our society.
  • sdloco30sdloco30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    I still maintain my faith in our judicial system. They were presented with the best facts that they had and both side argued their side, and the jury came to their conclusion. Meanwhile where sitting here basing our opinions off of the media? I think the biggest problem in our society today is the media. Just let the courts do their thing, and you do yours.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Hmmm I smell a sex tape... and a book

• mfotismfotis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    xmacro:
    I just . . . do not care in the slightest. I never cared about this trial - I have no idea what the verdict is, and honestly just do not care.

Kid is killed by parents? Happens all the time!!! In the ghetto, mom neglects the kids and they wind up dead - happens everyday;, in the suburbs, mom goes crazy and drowns them - happens enough that no one is surprised at it anymore.

I never understood why the media latched onto this single trial, when parent-kills-kid happens everyday, and it's really not shocking if you read the local paper every day

EDIT - $20 says she does like OJ and writes a book, "If I did it"

+1, my mom asked what I thought about the case when I went to visit last week and my answer to her was " I don't".
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I think she did it, but I don't think the state proved it "beyond a reasonable doubt". Jose Baez blew the prosecution's case away in closing.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I've only had jury duty once. Based on that experience, I hope to God that I am never brought up in front of a jury of my peers because my peers are complete fucking idiots.

BTW I think our justice system is a disgrace. The one thing that has no place in our courts is the truth - it's just a competition between lawyers.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,048
    im not saying she did it, nor she was innocent...but i have tons of friends on facebook who are literally pissed...and as a criminal justice student myself, all i got to say is if you dont like how we prosecute in court to get convictions, get out of the country becuase sometimes its a good thing, others a bad thing of how we do it but at end of the day, let the justice system do its thing. My reaction was very simple..."oh shes innocent, ok, next."
  • sdloco30sdloco30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 32
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    im not saying she did it, nor she was innocent...but i have tons of friends on facebook who are literally pissed...and as a criminal justice student myself, all i got to say is if you dont like how we prosecute in court to get convictions, get out of the country becuase sometimes its a good thing, others a bad thing of how we do it but at end of the day, let the justice system do its thing. My reaction was very simple..."oh shes innocent, ok, next."
    +1, stop trying to be on the jury from you couch
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    kuzi16:
    wwestern:
    yup... people letting their emotions get the best of them in this case. she may have done it, but there is no hard evidence. cant prove it. the verdict backs that up.
    x2 , i woulda had to vote the same way , think she might have but with the evidence etc, i couldnot send someone to death or life without better evidence.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    Unfortunately this does happen all the time. I just read a story today about a 10 year old boy from Gary, Ind. whose parents kept him in locked in a cage then beat him to death and buried him in a shallow grave in a trailer park. As far as the media goes, they are what they are. Personally it still makes me sick everytime I read one of these type of stories.

I haven't really been following this story but I know the basics. You mean to tell me the prosecution didn't even at least prove without a doubt she was guilty of aggravated child abuse. Am I wrong but aren't these the facts. The child died in her care. She covered it up. She discarded the body first in the car, then in the woods. Then she lied about it.
    amz1301:
    Unfortunately this does happen all the time. I just read a story today about a 10 year old boy from Gary, Ind. whose parents kept him in locked in a cage then beat him to death and buried him in a shallow grave in a trailer park. As far as the media goes, they are what they are. Personally it still makes me sick everytime I read one of these type of stories.

I haven't really been following this story but I know the basics. You mean to tell me the prosecution didn't even at least prove without a doubt she was guilty of aggravated child abuse. Am I wrong but aren't these the facts. The child died in her care. She covered it up. She discarded the body first in the car, then in the woods. Then she lied about it.
    not when the pictures they presented was of her and her baby being close having fun with each other. sounds like the whole family is dysfunctional , i still wonder why the dad wanted to commit suicide writing a note etc? and another thing where and who is this babies daddy? they proved she was a liar and partier
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    sdloco30:
    I still maintain my faith in our judicial system. They were presented with the best facts that they had and both side argued their side, and the jury came to their conclusion. Meanwhile where sitting here basing our opinions off of the media? I think the biggest problem in our society today is the media. Just let the courts do their thing, and you do yours.

What Loco says makes very good sense. I trust the media as far as I can throw my TV, I'm certain I don't have all the facts and timelines surrounding the case so I really don't have an opinion. The little girl was murdered....tragic, yes....but beyond that I just really don't care. I'm am neither lawyer nor judge. It is amazing though how once the media finds something people bite on how they'll exploit and sensationalize it to the max and play into peoples passions just for ratings. Kinda pathetic. Makes me wanna go smoke!
    Jetmech_63:
    sdloco30:

What Loco says makes very good sense. I trust the media as far as I can throw my TV, I'm certain I don't have all the facts and timelines surrounding the case so I really don't have an opinion. The little girl was murdered....tragic, yes....but beyond that I just really don't care. I'm am neither lawyer nor judge. It is amazing though how once the media finds something people bite on how they'll exploit and sensationalize it to the max and play into peoples passions just for ratings. Kinda pathetic. Makes me wanna go smoke!
    and the media is still trying to convict her
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    It's Deja Vu all over again.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Im hoping for a penthouse spread---at the least. Then she can be killed.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    Vulchor:
    Im hoping for a penthouse spread---at the least. Then she can be killed.
    BAHAHAHA I was just joking with a buddy the other day "For a baby killer....she's pretty hot." lol
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I think I read this on Twitter but I thought it was fitting. "Jury trials suck. You're stuck with the 12 people too stupid to get out of jury duty!" LMAO I don't believe that, but I thought it was funny as hell.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Ok my brothers, next question on the topic - a simple yes or no answer is the only response required on this one. Do you believe Casey Anthony was responsible for the death of her daughter?
  • BlueRingsBlueRings Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    BlueRings:
    Absoultely.

What he said......

Marty

• Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Only thing I am wondering is how much this cost the tax payers?
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    The Sniper:
    Ok my brothers, next question on the topic - a simple yes or no answer is the only response required on this one. Do you believe Casey Anthony was responsible for the death of her daughter?
    Yep