Home Non Cigar Related

Game of Thrones

2»

Comments

• edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    This last episode just blew me away.... It seems as if the writers just don't care about our feelings. If you have a favorite character they will die. This is the only show that it is better being the bad guy because all the good guys die.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    edelrionyc:
    This last episode just blew me away.... It seems as if the writers just don't care about our feelings. If you have a favorite character they will die. This is the only show that it is better being the bad guy because all the good guys die.
    The writers don't care about your feelings because that show has already been written.....btw, believe me, everyone get's their just dues eventually.

my wife had a heart attack when that came on. She was on the verge of sobbing. She was crying by the time it was over and mom stark was killed.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    Haven't seen that episode yet (still one behind) but having read all the books I knew what would happen ahead of time--just wanted to see if they'd get to it this season. The season is only halfway through Book 3, which has an ever BETTER set scene coming up, but the show won't get to it until next season.

How long can this keep going? After three years it's only halfway through the books. By the time they catch up season 5 Arya will be a grandmother agewise.

Not looking forward to the series based on books 4 and 5, however. For the most part, the last two books totally stunk.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    brianetz1:
    edelrionyc:
    The writers don't care about your feelings because that show has already been written.....btw, believe me, everyone get's their just dues eventually.

my wife had a heart attack when that came on. She was on the verge of sobbing. She was crying by the time it was over and ******** was killed.
    SPOILERS! FO' SHAME!!!!
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    edelrionyc:
    This last episode just blew me away.... It seems as if the writers just don't care about our feelings....[SPOILER STUFF DELETED, OH, WELL IT"S TOO LATE]0

Don't blame the show's writers--blame Martin. Even though it deviates from the plotlines now and then (mostly for good reasons), the show keeps Martin's main set pieces intact. What they did in this episode was extremely faithful to Martin's vision and didn't sugarcoat a thing.
    raisindot:
    Haven't seen that episode yet (still one behind) but having read all the books I knew what would happen ahead of time--just wanted to see if they'd get to it this season. The season is only halfway through Book 3, which has an ever BETTER set scene coming up, but the show won't get to it until next season.

How long can this keep going? After three years it's only halfway through the books. By the time they catch up season 5 Arya will be a grandmother agewise.

Not looking forward to the series based on books 4 and 5, however. For the most part, the last two books totally stunk.
    ive read the books too and it was still awesome. next season will be bad ass......like you said, season 5, not totally sure where they are going with it.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I really dig this show. I hate how HBO releases these seasons almost a year after they air cuz I hate watching it week to week (even longer at times). I think they are going to combine books 4 and 5 into one season. They have already moved some things around to show earlier than the books. Time will tell.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    When is the new season.....way too long between seasons!!!!!!!!!

My wife bought the DVDs on eBay and I have watched them twice.

Please...no spoilers.
    jd50ae:
    When is the new season.....way too long between seasons!!!!!!!!!

My wife bought the DVDs on eBay and I have watched them twice.

Please...no spoilers.
    april