Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

1000 post contest

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
It hasn't escaped me, and a few others, that my post count is approaching 1,000. And, in keeping with the spirit of the loosely defined traditions of this good forum, I shall offer a contest. It also helps that I recently won the lotto contest and expect to be flush with cigars in the near future. Hehe
With that being said, I have spent numerous hours working on a worthy contest. And I can't really think of anything intellectually stimulating, so I came up with this.
2 parts, 1 or 2 winners.
How many of these great United States have I visited(drove through at least)?
How many of these great states have I physically slept on the ground (camping).
This contest is open to all BOTLs with at least 200 posts, a chance for some of you newbies to find gravitas. Hehe. The contest ends at 1000!
Thanks to all those who came before me and welcomed me. You know who you are.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    By the nature of this question, I would guess that it is a remarkable feat. So I would say you have visited 47 states, and slept on the ground in 43 of them. Congratulations on your upcoming membership to the Millennium Club.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Unique, I like it and welcome to the big 1000 mark and congrats. I will say 30 states and 10 you slept on the ground.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Thanks man. I'm goin 47 visited, 35 slept in.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Congratulations! I'm gonna say you've visited 34 states and slept in 16 of them.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    31 visited,camped 22
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    35 and 25, great job my friend.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    You good sir have been through 37 states and have camped in 26 of them.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Grats on the soon to be 1K! Thinking 21 states and 8 on the ground level.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    28 states and 25 slept on
  • Lakota72Lakota72 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    42 states driven through and slept in 38
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I'll say 35 and 29! Congrats and thanks for the contest!
  • millennium115millennium115 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 839
    you have driven to all of them , except for hawaii and alaska......and you have slept in about 12 congrads!!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    congrats on your 1k! I'm going with 43 visited, 37 slept in!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Congrats on reaching the 1000 mark and a cool contest. I say visited 19 and camped in 19
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    beatnic:
    It hasn't escaped me, and a few others, that my post count is approaching 1,000. And, in keeping with the spirit of the loosely defined traditions of this good forum, I shall offer a contest. It also helps that I recently won the lotto contest and expect to be flush with cigars in the near future. Hehe
    With that being said, I have spent numerous hours working on a worthy contest. And I can't really think of anything intellectually stimulating, so I came up with this.
    2 parts, 1 or 2 winners.
    How many of these great United States have I visited(drove through at least)?
    How many of these great states have I physically slept on the ground (camping).
    This contest is open to all BOTLs with at least 200 posts, a chance for some of you newbies to find gravitas. Hehe. The contest ends at 1000!
    Thanks to all those who came before me and welcomed me. You know who you are.

Drover through 40 slept on the ground in 40
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    lets go on the under used low end.
    10 visited
    slept in 6
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    I'm gonna say travelled through 22, slept in 21. Congrats!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    ha, thats cool,

I'm gonna say been in 19 states Camped in 16 of them.

Congrats on 1K posts brother.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    bump - 9 posts left. One of the numbers has already been nailed.
    Again, thanks to all the good brothers who make this forum an enjoyable experience.
    No, kaspera, not really a remarkable feat. But Im still working on it. Hope to visit all of the states in the future. The sleeping on the ground thing? bought a travel trailer last year.
    Hayblet nailed it early, 28 states visited.
    Camped in 15 states. The first guess of 16 was closest. Dbeckom
    Prizes will go out tomorrow. Pm me you addy Dbeckom. I believe I have Spencers.
    PM sent. Thank you for the contest!
    beatnic:
    Again, thanks to all the good brothers who make this forum an enjoyable experience.
    No, kaspera, not really a remarkable feat. But Im still working on it. Hope to visit all of the states in the future. The sleeping on the ground thing? bought a travel trailer last year.
    Heh I just went off how many states I've been to ^_^ totally surprised I won, just took a shot in the dark
    So I got Rick's winnings today I'm like WTF!!! Seriously man your generosity will NOT go unpunished
    my part of the winnings include
    LADC Mi Amor
    a Padilla Black Bear
    an Espernay Illusion
    a My Father Le Bijou (seriously been wanting one for quite a while as the Garcia's have yet to make a cigar I don't like)
    And last but certainly not least an Ashton VSG
    Unlike some people's responses of "I'll get you back for this" I most certainly will be sending a small Nuclear Ordinance towards you, might not be tomorrow, might not be this month, but one day when you least expect it, Boom goes the dynamite.
    I got my winnings from Rick yesterday too! This BOTL sent out a couple of awesome prizes!
    I got a LADC Mi Amor, Padilla '68, an Illusion Epernay, a My Father Le Bijou 1922, and an Ashton VSG! I have been wanting to try 4 of these, and the Padilla '68 is one of my all time favorites!

Thanks again Rick!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Mr. Alaska strikes again!!!..
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    beatnic:
    Congrats to the winners and thanks for putting ont he contest beatnic, that was a cool one. Great prizes too, nice hit brother.
    The Kid:
    Mr. Alaska strikes again!!!..
    LOL
    Hey Kid, keep me in Alaska. It helps the anonymity. LOL