How about The Matrix!
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Fourtotheflush:
    rdnstn:
    OK, new guess, 2001: A Space Odyssey
    Machine=HAL, the computer that controlled the ship
    -- OOh thats a good one!

How about The Matrix!
    All good ones-----but thus far, all incorrect. How about this for next hint. SEEMS, like a man vs a machine-----but it actually a man vs another man controlling a machine/something man made. The director of the movie has also won Academy Awards.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    I got it, it's the little known crossover film where Willy Wonka invades Oz and takes on the Wizard. Pretty sure it starred Michael Jackson as the head Oompa Loompa and Lollipop Guild wrangler.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    OK, let me take a shot in the dark. This is one that I was thinking of but was saving it because I doubt many people on here would think to guess it. It's probably wrong but the director did win an Honorary Academy award in 1998.

Saturn 3 starring the late and lovely Farrah Fawcett
    rdnstn:
    OK, let me take a shot in the dark. This is one that I was thinking of but was saving it because I doubt many people on here would think to guess it. It's probably wrong but the director did win an Honorary Academy award in 1998.

Saturn 3 starring the late and lovely Farrah Fawcett
    Good guess also, a little better than Garrens perhaps, LOL, but not correct I am afraid. Another hint seems in order-----movie is from the very early 1970's.
    OK, I think that I definitely have it now, just didn't think I would have to go back that far, although I was getting close already.

The movie is Duel, directed by Steven Spielberg. I just didn't go there before because it was a made for TV movie.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    my guess is logans run.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    The Poseidon Adventure
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Im going to say the movie "Tron."
    rdnstn:
    OK, I think that I definitely have it now, just didn't think I would have to go back that far, although I was getting close already.

The movie is Duel, directed by Steven Spielberg. I just didn't go there before because it was a made for TV movie.
    DING!!!!!!!We have a winner. PM me your address and a sending I shall go, a sending I shall go. Will get out your sticks early to mid this week depending on when I get your addy. Congrats....and watch out for those big rigs with no discernable driver.
    Cool, pm sent and give me a day to think up a good movie. I'll post the first clue tomorrow.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Good guess Ron
    OK guys, sorry for taking so long but between tests at school and trying to think of a good question I have been having a hard time. Anyway, here is my question. I'm sure that it will be pretty easy once I start giving clues.

This movie came out the year that I graduated high school and could be considered a sci fi or a horror. I personally thought that it was more of a comedy especially when you think about who the leading actor was. Tell me the movie and the year

Lets get some guesses and I'll start posting clues later
    They Live
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    rdnstn:
    OK guys, sorry for taking so long but between tests at school and trying to think of a good question I have been having a hard time. Anyway, here is my question. I'm sure that it will be pretty easy once I start giving clues.

This movie came out the year that I graduated high school and could be considered a sci fi or a horror. I personally thought that it was more of a comedy especially when you think about who the leading actor was. Tell me the movie and the year

Lets get some guesses and I'll start posting clues later
    Alien
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Little Shop of Horrors, 1986
    cabinetmaker:
    They Live
    I figured it would be easy but I guess it was even easier than I thought. The first guess. I remember it for one of my all time favorite movie lines "I came to kick ass and chew bubble gum and I'm all out of bubble gum." LOL Even funnier since it was Rowdy Roddy Piper saying it.

pm me your address and I will get a package in the mail to you this week.
    Yea, I liked that movie too. That is one of my favorite lines. That same line (for any old gamers out there) was used in the Duke Nukem series. PM sent.

I'll get a question up in the next day or so, I need some time to make really obscure...
    OK, got a good one here.

This particular movie is not new, and starts out with a Rock & Roll star's girlfriend getting kidnapped. The title makes no sense whatsoever.
    OK, hint time..

The movie was made in 1965, and most of you will have never have heard of it. If any of you have ever heard of it.
    Damn, not even one guess??

I guess nobody wants the Swishers and King Edwards??

OK, new hint...The title (as it was printed) was a mistake no one involved in the movie could afford to fix. It has a total of 5 words in it, two of which are mispelled.
    cabinetmaker:
    Damn, not even one guess??

I guess nobody wants the Swishers and King Edwards??

OK, new hint...The title (as it was printed) was a mistake no one involved in the movie could afford to fix. It has a total of 5 words in it, two of which are mispelled.
    check your PM's
    Checked, and replied.
    Since nobody wants to answer this, I will. Cabinet, I'd be glad to take some cigars from you, be it White Owls or whatever (hopefully better though! haha)

And the answer is.... Rat Pfink a Boo Boo
    Damn fine guess, Cholmes! Correct guess also! I'd quote you but since you were the ONLY one to venture a guess....
  • 4bob44bob4 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 212
    Dang I saw that pop up in google (the only way I would have gotten this one). I should've tried. Oh well.
    Ok, my trivia question, and this one won't be as easy as the last one.

In this movie, there is no "writing on the wall". Instead, the writing is on the windows...
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    cholmes8310:
    Ok, my trivia question, and this one won't be as easy as the last one.

In this movie, there is no "writing on the wall". Instead, the writing is on the windows...
    I believe I'm still on the "Good traders" board and I did take forever to pay up to Bad Andy but I have paid up and if it's okay with you boys I'd like to take a crack at it.

If you need verification let me know but my answer is

"Don't Say A Word"