Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Eulogy:
    Puff_Dougie:
    james40:
    War of the Buttons? I cheated and used google though so feel free to do what you wish!!
    Haha! Finally! I thought I was gonna be giving clues till next year! Addy please, James!
    I have never heard of that movie. Glad someone got it.
    Great family movie about kids in Ireland...

• EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Puff_Dougie:
    Eulogy:
    Puff_Dougie:
    james40:
    War of the Buttons? I cheated and used google though so feel free to do what you wish!!
    Haha! Finally! I thought I was gonna be giving clues till next year! Addy please, James!
    I have never heard of that movie. Glad someone got it.
    Great family movie about kids in Ireland...

I may have to give that a watch.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Wow that was a tough one! good clues Puff_Dougie
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Yeah, I'd never have gotten it without google, either. Good one.
    Glad to offer a challenge. 10 clues and google... Is that a record for this game? LOL

War of the Buttons really is a great little movie. I recommend it.

Insane week at work, James40, but I'll try to get your winnings to the post by Friday or Saturday.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Puff_Dougie:
    Glad to offer a challenge. 10 clues and google... Is that a record for this game? LOL

Insane week at work, James40, but I'll try to get your winnings to the post by Friday or Saturday.
    Don't make it worse by rushing this, take your time. I'll get a clue up tomorrow at the latest.
    james40:
    Puff_Dougie:

Don't make it worse by rushing this, take your time. I'll get a clue up tomorrow at the latest.
    9114 9011 2308 6985 5539 34
    Thanks Doug.

Clue 1 - This movie is also based in England although other countries are visited.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    European vacation?
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    American Werewolf in London.
    I'll try this guess again since it didn't work last time, but there are brief Spain and US visits in the movie...

Love Actually
    Clue 1 - This movie is also based in England although other countries are visited.
    Clue 2 - Alhough it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    I think, I know what this is.
    Let's find out if you're right. Bonus if you are.
    Cornetto trilogy or The Blood and Ice Cream trilogy, Shawn of the Dead. I'm reluctant, because I won not too long ago.

Clue 2 - Alhough it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie.
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie
    Thanks for the great sticks Puff! I've only had one of these so I'm really excited to try something new. I'm curious what the unbanded stick is but will try to figure it out when it gets torched. Thanks again!!

james40:
    Thanks for the great sticks Puff! I've only had one of these so I'm really excited to try something new. I'm curious what the unbanded stick is but will try to figure it out when it gets torched. Thanks again!!

Glad they made it. The unbanded is an Erik Espinoza Miami Fresh Rolled.
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python
    Clue 6 - Many different era's or time periods in history are visited in this movie
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    damn i have no idea; curious to see what the answer is .... this sounds like it has the makings of a pretty good movie.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Time Bandits... Known it for a few clues but was trying to see if anyone else would get it. Really need to watch this and the others again because it's been a while but huge Monty Python and Terry Gilliam fan.
    jimmyv723:
    Time Bandits... Known it for a few clues but was trying to see if anyone else would get it. Really need to watch this and the others again because it's been a while but huge Monty Python and Terry Gilliam fan.
    Winner, winner of a cigar dinner. Send me your address and cigar preference details.

Clue 2 - Although it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie - Character name is Evil. He was Bob Cratchit in A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott (best one imo).
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie -- Sean Connery
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python - John Cleese
    Clue 6 - Many different era's or time periods in history are visited in this movie

Awesome and great clues too. PM on the way and will try and get a good movie thought up and get the first clue posted when I do.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    jimmyv723:
    Awesome and great clues too. PM on the way and will try and get a good movie thought up and get the first clue posted when I do.
    Killer Klowns from outer space??
    james40:
    jimmyv723:
    Winner, winner of a cigar dinner. Send me your address and cigar preference details.

Clue 2 - Although it's not named as such, it's considered the first movie in a trilogy.
    Clue 3 - One of the worst characters is in a famous Christmas movie - Character name is Evil. He was Bob Cratchit in A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott (best one imo).
    Clue 4 - A James Bond portray-er is in this movie -- Sean Connery
    Clue 5 - Another actor has ties to Monty Python - John Cleese

Learn something new every day...I had no idea Gilliam considered Bandits, Brazil, and Baron to be a trilogy. Thanks for that, James and Jimmy and Wikipedia. Now I'll have to torture myself by watching all of them. Okay, probably not. I don't think I'd be able to make it through either of the first two, and I know I've never made it through the last!
    On its way Jim - 9405503699300444192803 - sorry for lagging.
    Totally spaced about this with all the Holiday stuff going on and prepping for New Years Eve at work but got the Cigar Smackdwon from James today. Thank you so much bro and you crossed a couple huge sticks off my Wishlist. Between this and the total destruction my Secret Santa put on me I'm going to be able to try some stuff I've really been wanting to for a while now. Thanks again and here's the damage. The bands on the two Lanceros didn't show up real well but Oliva Serie V and Opus X Lost City.

First CLue - This movie is from the last 10 years.