Smoking a Swag in robusto
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Smoked a Romeo y Julieta Havoc this afternoon
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Bigshizza:
    How are they smoking, still got a few resting
  • Dark RoastDark Roast Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 463
    A Don Sixto. I do not know where when or why I got it but I am glad I smoked it. Medium body with a creamy white pepper that enveloped my tongue with every puff. Quite satisfying.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    rock in Oktoberfest
    big chunks:
    Bigshizza:
    Real good first I've had without draw issues
    Bigshizza:
    big chunks:
    Bigshizza:
    Real good first I've had without draw issues
    I had burning issues the first 3 I smoked I ended up cutting the head and letting some rest for a week or so and that fixed the burn issues
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962

Studying some Mechatronics.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Smoking a CyB corona real, one of my favorites
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Just started smoking this.

So far so good. I've heard some good things about the Empire II. The IPA pairing is all wrong though.
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    image Love my nubs, even got the wife to take a few draws today... Today was a good day
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    How was the San Miguel?
    Smoking a Perdomo Reserve Maduro Toro while I wait for the dodgers to hopefully take care of business
  • thehilkthehilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,015
    The San Miguel band looks awesome!
    roland_7707:
    How was the San Miguel?
    Really good, John turned me on to these other wise I probably never would have tried them..Thanks John
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    ^^^ aw you give me the warm fuzzie, Jim :-)

Golfing with suppliers today and the salesman brought a box of "cohibas" with him. He got these "real cubans" in the domincian republic, a box of 10 was only $20! What a deal!
    he doesn't smoke cigars and was so excited about it I didn't Have the heart to tell him.
    Still cool he thought about it and Picked them up But if I die you know what happened.

• scooter mcgeescooter mcgee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 322
    Kristoff Maduro
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    jgibv:

Golfing with suppliers today and the salesman brought a box of "cohibas" with him. He got these "real cubans" in the domincian republic, a box of 10 was only $20! What a deal!
    he doesn't smoke cigars and was so excited about it I didn't Have the heart to tell him.
    Still cool he thought about it and Picked them up But if I die you know what happened.

Lol, wow. That band isn't even close and the cigar itself looks pretty rough. Did it at least taste half way decent???
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Wow ! Two bucks for a real Cohiba, that sounds almost too good to be true....Sometimes it's the thought that counts.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kaspera79:
    Wow ! Two bucks for a real Cohiba, that sounds almost too good to be true....Sometimes it's the thought that counts.
    Yes, a "bargain" indeed!
    I've only met him once before, we golfed in a 4-some earlier in the spring, and he "remembered I was into cigars" .... Seriously pretty cool, I was impressed he remembered. And yes it's certainly the thought that counts, he's a nice guy.....
    I'm upset he got conned into buying fauxhibas
    SleevePlz:
    jgibv:

Lol, wow. That band isn't even close and the cigar itself looks pretty rough. Did it at least taste half way decent???
    Sadly I only got about 15 decent "puffs" off of it so I can't give a proper, full review....but I'll tell you 15 puffs was more than enough.

Appearance --- the wrapper reminded me of a humvee painted in desert camo. At least it shared the same colors; tan, beige, sand, brown, etc. the wrapper color was varied, and spotty.
    The band wasn't quite nice enough to have been printed at kinko's but its better than something from a 1990s ink-jet printer. Also I think the band was applied with the same amount of glue that kindergarteners use to make macaroni pictures.

Also, I can't forget to mention the "cap"....there was none! Seemed like they just folded the wrapper over itself (like you'd fold the top down on a brown paper lunch sack) and called it a day.

Feel --- spongy.... Seriously it would give the best tempur pedic mattress a run for its money. It had the same air:filler ratio as a family size bag of lays potato chips, 5 parts air:1 part filler.

And it almost had a damp feel to it.....I think the filler leaves may have come from webmost's "otters pocket" B&M

The wrapper was fairly smooth though, all things considered.

Flavor/aroma --- initial notes of sweet, maybe vanilla, possibly fruitiness. Something between a swisher sweet & a backwoods
    But that quickly disappears and is replaced by a flavor that i can only describe as week-old, wet pizza box cardboard.

The aroma was a combination of wet dog and Ed hardy cologne...a first for me.

Burn ---- ever try to set a pile of wet leaves on fire with a zippo?
    Now imagine trying to do that without the zippo.......get the idea?

Cigar: 0/10
    Thoughtfulness of gift: 10/10
    Salesman that gave it to me: 10/10
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Genesis, the project, on my back deck, in the rain, well on a teleconference about teleconferencing...
    jgibv:
    kaspera79:
    Yes, a "bargain" indeed!
    I've only met him once before, we golfed in a 4-some earlier in the spring, and he "remembered I was into cigars" .... Seriously pretty cool, I was impressed he remembered. And yes it's certainly the thought that counts, he's a nice guy.....
    I'm upset he got conned into buying fauxhibas
    SleevePlz:
    jgibv:

Sadly I only got about 15 decent "puffs" off of it so I can't give a proper, full review....but I'll tell you 15 puffs was more than enough.

Appearance --- the wrapper reminded me of a humvee painted in desert camo. At least it shared the same colors; tan, beige, sand, brown, etc. the wrapper color was varied, and spotty.
    The band wasn't quite nice enough to have been printed at kinko's but its better than something from a 1990s ink-jet printer. Also I think the band was applied with the same amount of glue that kindergarteners use to make macaroni pictures.

Also, I can't forget to mention the "cap"....there was none! Seemed like they just folded the wrapper over itself (like you'd fold the top down on a brown paper lunch sack) and called it a day.

Feel --- spongy.... Seriously it would give the best tempur pedic mattress a run for its money. It had the same air:filler ratio as a family size bag of lays potato chips, 5 parts air:1 part filler.

And it almost had a damp feel to it.....I think the filler leaves may have come from webmost's "otters pocket" B&M

The wrapper was fairly smooth though, all things considered.

Flavor/aroma --- initial notes of sweet, maybe vanilla, possibly fruitiness. Something between a swisher sweet & a backwoods
    But that quickly disappears and is replaced by a flavor that i can only describe as week-old, wet pizza box cardboard.

The aroma was a combination of wet dog and Ed hardy cologne...a first for me.

Burn ---- ever try to set a pile of wet leaves on fire with a zippo?
    Now imagine trying to do that without the zippo.......get the idea?

Cigar: 0/10
    Thoughtfulness of gift: 10/10
    Salesman that gave it to me: 10/10
    That's the BEST review EVER!!!
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    From rob green