Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Just lit up my first Feral Flying Pig, so far so good
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    big chunks:
    Head buzz in t-minus 15 minutes.... Enjoy my friend!
    catfishbluezz:
    big chunks:
    im on my last third, so far no big nicotine buzz, but really enjoying this cigar, thank god i have a few more
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    la palina goldie. this is delicious
    big chunks:
    catfishbluezz:
    big chunks:
    im on my last third, so far no big nicotine buzz, but really enjoying this cigar, thank god i have a few more
    Ok last third got me buzzed, lol I need to sit down for a while
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Diesel Grind Shorty IMAG0297
  • OldBlueEyes2012OldBlueEyes2012 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    SleevePlz:
    Tell me how that is.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    SleevePlz:
    Tell me how that is.
    No. Well, okay. It was really good. Want to know anything else, college boy?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    jliu:
    Looks nice. I've never had one of those...Wink [;)]
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    A little therapy today after a rough week at work. RP 92. The cigar that started it all for me. Damn I love this cigar. No matter how my pallet changes, this cigar always works for me. I need to keep more of these on hand for when I need a cigar that I know will be good.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    SleevePlz:
    OldBlueEyes2012:
    SleevePlz:
    Tell me how that is.
    No. Well, okay. It was really good. Want to know anything else, college boy?
    ooooo jealous.
    i love me some diesel's - i forgot about this new release.

i gotta be on the lookout next time i'm at the b&m
    j0z3r:
    jliu:
    Looks nice. I've never had one of those...Wink [;)]
    never had one? good luck finding these. sucks to be youuuuu *wink face*
    took a day off from work and what does a snoobie do? have cigars duh. having a por larranaga given to me by dumb dumb bandy. man this is delicious.
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    bigjohn125:
    A little therapy today after a rough week at work. RP 92. The cigar that started it all for me. Damn I love this cigar. No matter how my pallet changes, this cigar always works for me. I need to keep more of these on hand for when I need a cigar that I know will be good.
    BTW, I drank a Dr. Pepper with this cigar. Its the first time I've tried this combo and they made a great pairing. Thank you to whoever posts about his combo ( I assume it was DrPepperDude?). The good Dr. must have been a cigar smoker.
    ERDM Choix with a few years. Reminds me of the VR blends image
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    jliu:
    what's wrong with your camera, I can't see the ground?
    you mean you CAN see the ground? good picture huh? the socal folks saw my potato camera over the weekend. where are your cool pictures? nope. none
    jliu:
    you mean you CAN see the ground? good picture huh? the socal folks saw my potato camera over the weekend. where are your cool pictures? nope. none
    just yanking your chain that pic is great, I can't wait to try the Goldie I have. That potato camera takes great pics.
    chemforever:
    jliu:
    just yanking your chain that pic is great, I can't wait to try the Goldie I have. That potato camera takes great pics.
    fire it up soon. I swear, I tasted bananas. did get a bit harsh on the last third. gonna rest the others and move onto another humi
    jliu:
    chemforever:
    jliu:
    fire it up soon. I swear, I tasted bananas. did get a bit harsh on the last third. gonna rest the others and move onto another humi
    How's the strength on them? A good first of the day smoke?
    chemforever:
    jliu:
    chemforever:
    jliu:
    How's the strength on them? A good first of the day smoke?
    yea definitely a first of the day type of smoke. it's medium bodied. very subtle complex flavors.
  • drpepperdudedrpepperdude Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 298
    Smoking an AVO XO - Intermezzo (robusto). It's very toasty, has a dry feel on the palate, and is just as mild as an AVO Classic. It's just starting to get more oomph in the last 3rd with wood and I'm not sure it's a different enough experience from an AVO Classic to justify having the line.

Having said that, it's incredibly smooth and would make a great morning/post-breakfast cigar. Not as elegant as the Classic in my humble opinion.

I XO XO...great changeup from the classic. I needed a bit f spice image
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    Glad I got to try this, seems a bit pricey at almost 10 a stick, but it is an excellent smoke. Not sure if I'd give it the 94, and I think I'll have the next one after dinner as the finish on the back of the tongue is a bit harsh to me. I'm going to grab some ice water to mellow it a bit and see. image
    is that the El Diario or The Family series? Both have received kudos from CJ mag but it's hard to find either of them.

Oh, and on topic... currently enjoying:

Smooth but full-bodied smoke. Very similar to the Perdomo Grand Cru Corojo, which is hard to find in the grand epicure vitola these days.

drpepperdude:
    is that the El Diario or The Family series? Both have received kudos from CJ mag but it's hard to find either of them.

Diaro kill bill, it was a good smoke, but the construction and finish were not amazing IMO. Initially it was excellent, then the finish got funky. 2nd third it really started to shine but went out. Final third some funk came back and it went out again. For the money, I was not impressed but I see the potential. Possibly age and a better stick might change my mind all together. I really like corona's, and given the amount of fine corona's in the $5-$7 range, it did not make me want more. I have another, and I think this is a smoke that will shine after a rich meal and solid beverage pair. For such a small cigar, 1-2 Relights destroy the tobacco. In general, I am not a fan of having to relight anything for that reason. For my money, I'd buy Johnny O or other ISOM Coronas in the 100-120 box range
    Smoked an undercrown Robusto, first 2/3 were great Didnt really like the last third but overall I enjoyed the smoke