Home Ratings & Reviews

The RobbyRas Very Amateur Review Thread

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    This was my first 7-20-4 experience and it was pretty impressive... and after chatting with Rick Ardito on CigarChat last night, I am very intrigued to check out their other offerings... medium body with full flavor is right in my happy zone...

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

7-20-4 Lancero

yes, I'ma Crowned Heads fan... let's just get that out fo the way... I gave the Mule Kick 6 months of rest on purpose... I wanted to temper the pepper and the down time did that perfectly.

Click on the image below to read the review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Fou Kicks LE 2012 Mule Kick Review

so, I haven't smoked much Padilla stuff lately, but these look great and the blend sounds pretty good too

Click on the image below to read the PR. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Padilla Vintage Reserve

I had a few of these over the weekend and I realized I never posted the review up here... such a good smoke... sorry, the giveaway posted in the review is closed

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro

• Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Great review!! These will always be a staple in my humi and this is a great example of something you can't go wrong with!!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Great review!! These will always be a staple in my humi and this is a great example of something you can't go wrong with!!
    Thanks brotha! It really is a "Can't Miss" smoke
    PDR jumps on the San Andres Maduro Wrapper bandwagon with the AFR-57!

Click on the image below to read the PR. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

PDR Press Release

I liked this one a lot more than I thought I would... I'm not a big fan of powerhouse cigars, but this one fit in a different category for me... sure it's strong, but it has a ton of sweetness and a nice red pepper note that didn't kill me... the power was more of a Medium Plus until the final 3rd when it REALLY ramped up...

Tantrum Review

In this review, I took a look at the Casa Miranda Chapter Two from Miami Cigar Co... It's a good cigar and I think it's perfect for the Mild-Medium smoker who is looking to branch out a bit... And at $6.35 for a Robusto, I think the price point is spot on...

Casa Miranda Chapter Two

• StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    It's crazy how just month before I joined the forum, RobbyRas started this thread and was always a source of something I liked to read. And now I'm working for one of the guys who he's going to be cigarchat with. Good stuff.
    StrongStyle:
    It's crazy how just month before I joined the forum, RobbyRas started this thread and was always a source of something I liked to read. And now I'm working for one of the guys who he's going to be cigarchat with. Good stuff.
    Whaaaaaat? I just PM'd you for details... that's awesome bro!
    I just can't hide it anymore, I LOVE Jon Huber! Dude is just plain awesome... great smokes, great guy, super humble... he went out of his way to welcome us at IPCPR and made us feel at home... great dude...

here is my interview with him from the IPCPR show floor. We had some mic issues, so the audio is a bit rough. He gives us some insights into the new JD Howard Reserve.

Jay was our first guest on CigarChat almost 2 years ago... this time I joined him at the AKA Cigars booth on the IPCPR show floor to talk about the re-blended AKA Respect 2013 and the new AKA Nth Degree

During IPCPR 2013, I got to know some of the IPCPR staff a little bit. One of the staff members I was lucky enough to spend some time with was IPCPR CEO Bill Spann. Bill is very passionate about the rights of cigar smokers. As a group, our rights are dwindling, but there are some simple steps we can take to fight for those rights. In this interview, Bill takes a few moments to talk about IPCPR 2013 and our rights as cigar smokers.

Without question the JD Howard Reserve was the cigar I was anticipating most at IPCPR 2013. Crowned Heads has produced some great smokes in a short amount of time and each one seems to get better... so yes, I have exceptionally high expectations and there was very little question as ti what I was going to review first...

J.D. Howard Reserve Pre-Release Review

Abe Flores of PDR cigars really knows his stuff... this was one of my favorite interviews from the show... all I did was ask Abe to tell us about his new stuff and he went off... dude knows his ish...

Click on the image below to see the interview. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Abe Flores and Sean Williams interview

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    robbyras:
    Abe Flores of PDR cigars really knows his stuff... this was one of my favorite interviews from the show... all I did was ask Abe to tell us about his new stuff and he went off... dude knows his ish...

Click on the image below to see the interview. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

Abe Flores and Sean Williams interview

The band on that top one (Gran Reserve?) looks almost identical to the RyJ CC bands....

Any story behind that?? An homage to RyJ, maybe?
    I'll have to watch the interview later ....
    good question... actually a lot of his bands look like CC bands... he has some that look like the PSD4 bands... i'll have to ask him about that at some point
    Gary Griffith is awesome... if you only watch one of my IPCPR vids, watch this one!

Interview with Emilio Cigars

This is a new feature on RRR... Every Sunday we'll take a look back at all that we covered in the previous week and what is upcoming for next week.
    We have a ton of IPCPR content in the works, so this will help you (and me) keep it all straight. Next week we'll have new release reviews of the following:
    A.Flores Gran Reserva from PDR Cigars
    La Hermandad Costa Fuerte from Primer Mundo
    Mayimbe from AJ Fernandez
    Nth Degree from AKA Cigars
    We'll also have interviews with Eddie Ortega and TL Johnson Cigars

Click on the image below to see the post. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

RRR Review Preivew

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    Without question the JD Howard Reserve was the cigar I was anticipating most at IPCPR 2013. Crowned Heads has produced some great smokes in a short amount of time and each one seems to get better... so yes, I have exceptionally high expectations and there was very little question as ti what I was going to review first...

looking forward to trying this stick
    smoke em if you got em:
    robbyras:

looking forward to trying this stick
    it's a good one... Jon will be on CigarChat tomorrow (July 30th) at 9PM EST!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I love your statue man, thats cool!
    roland_7707:
    I love your statue man, thats cool!
    Thanks Brotha! just more proof that I have the best wife in the world... she picked it up as a gift from an estate sale
    AKA's first Maduro release is a good one! All the flavors you would expect and some nuance that you won't... solid smoke at a nice price point...

AKA Nth Degree Review

• scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    Rob,

Have you tried the new Respect Blend? If so what are your thoughts vs the old respect blend. Also I'm glad that video is on there because when I first saw this I kept debating on my head how it was pronounced, now I know. I love the banding on it such a good looking color.
    scarlin:
    Rob,

Have you tried the new Respect Blend? If so what are your thoughts vs the old respect blend. Also I'm glad that video is on there because when I first saw this I kept debating on my head how it was pronounced, now I know. I love the banding on it such a good looking color.
    So I smoked the Respect 2013 at the show and I'd say it was my 4th or 5th cigar that day... that's one thing about IPCPR, you smoke a TON of cigars... anyway, I enjoyed it at the time... It's a bit more to the lower end of Full body and it has more nuance than the original Respect... It's a more tame version, if you will... I'll revisit it next week and have a review posted... I like the idea of reblending the stick every two years... it gives Jay more latitude when it comes to blending... with that being said, if you like the original or the 2013, you'd better stock up before they are gone...
    Terry, owner of TL Johnson Cigars, took a few minutes to chat with us at IPCPR 2013.

Click on the image below to watch the interview. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

TL Johnson Interview

plowing my way through all the new releases from IPCPR 2013... this one will hit the stores soon and is a nice twist on the Connecticut smoke... I dig the whole San Lotano Oval line and the Connie is a nice extension.

Click on the image below to see the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

San Lotano Oval Connecticut Review

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    robbyras:
    plowing my way through all the new releases from IPCPR 2013... this one will hit the stores soon and is a nice twist on the Connecticut smoke... I dig the whole San Lotano Oval line and the Connie is a nice extension.

Click on the image below to see the new review. Don't worry, it will open in a new window!

San Lotano Oval Connecticut Review

Awesome!