Home Ratings & Reviews

The RobbyRas Very Amateur Review Thread

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    dowjr1:
    Man I am pumped to see the Emelio line reviewed...just got a few in and have been letting them rest. Lots of talk about these three and I for one can't wait to try them!
    Thanks! yeah, I have been completely slammed, but it will get up today... along with the launch of my Top 11 of '11.... so keep an eye out!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Cool deal. been wanting to see what ya thought of it before buying one.
    Revisit of the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero on RobbyRasReviews.com

Top 11 of '11 will kick off later today with #11... any guesses?
    Check out my top 11 new releases of 2011! I will announce one per day starting with #11 today!

Post all your comments, positive or negative!

Top 11 of '11

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I really gotta try more Tat stuff.
    Direwolf:
    just hold tight...
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    robbyras:
    just hold tight...
    thats what he said...
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Direwolf:
    i need to try more then the Tatuaje Havana VI
    Check out #10 in my countdown of top new releases of 2011! Click here: Top 11 of '11

Check out my review of the Alec Bradley Black Market

I'm thinking this may make the Top 11 of '11

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    robbyras:
    Check out my top 11 new releases of 2011! I will announce one per day starting with #11 today!

Post all your comments, positive or negative!

Top 11 of '11

HEY Robby, just checked out your site,,Pretty damn good....I like it...
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    Hey have you posted your AF-1 review yet? I have not found it on your site. Glad you put the PDR Oscuro review back up!
    I haven't... haven't had time to write it up yet... i actually wrote the AB review over a week ago and sat on it for awhile... I'll get it up there tomorrow... it's a nice smoke
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Awesome site, Robby! Excellent reviews and plenty of pointers on sticks I've been waiting to try. Keep up the great work.
    I will be launching my first Live Review and Chat tomorrow at 6pm Eastern!

I've teamed up with another cigar blogger to bring you guys a Liver Review and Chat! Tomorrow, which is our first official try at this, we will be smoking the MOW Ruination. There is a slight twist thought. I will be smoking the original double banded version with over a year on it and Logan will fire up a more recent version. We will be posting our reviews live and taking questions and comments from any and all who care to join. We are hoping to get someone from AJ Fernandez Cigars to join us, but no promises. It's out first shot, so I doubt that happens.

So join us if you can. Fire up a Ruination and post your thoughts, smoke something else or just check in to BS...

Just go to RobbyRasReviews.com and click on the Live Chat tab in the menu. When you see the chat window, just click enter. You comments will go to the moderator (me) before they are posted, so don't expect them to show up instantly.

If this goes well, we plan on making it a weekly "show" and hope to have contests and whatnot... so take some time to check it out!
    <br. Thanks for all your support guys!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    robbyras:

I've teamed up with another cigar blogger to bring you guys a Liver Review and Chat! Tomorrow, which is our first official try at this, we will be smoking the MOW Ruination. There is a slight twist thought. I will be smoking the original double banded version with over a year on it and Logan will fire up a more recent version. We will be posting our reviews live and taking questions and comments from any and all who care to join. We are hoping to get someone from AJ Fernandez Cigars to join us, but no promises. It's out first shot, so I doubt that happens.

So join us if you can. Fire up a Ruination and post your thoughts, smoke something else or just check in to BS...

Just go to RobbyRasReviews.com and click on the Live Chat tab in the menu. When you see the chat window, just click enter. You comments will go to the moderator (me) before they are posted, so don't expect them to show up instantly.

If this goes well, we plan on making it a weekly "show" and hope to have contests and whatnot... so take some time to check it out!
    Cool man! I'll try and check in on that! Have you thought of doing this via video? A live review/virtual herf!
    y2pascoe:
    robbyras:

Cool man! I'll try and check in on that! Have you thought of doing this via video? A live review/virtual herf!
    I'm goin baby steps here... live chat first... if that goes well, maybe we can do a little video... that's the great thing about social media, it's almost limitless
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    robbyras:
    In an odd coincidence, I just picked up the exact same cigar at a b&m a week or so ago, along with a San Cristobal Elegancia because of your review...haven't fire it up yet, will definitely have to read your review first so I don't go in blind...
    It only took me a week to get it up! Don't they make pills for that?

Check it out here Emilio Cigars AF-1 Review

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    robbyras:

Nice review Robby,,I agree Great Stick!
    The Kid:
    robbyras:

Nice review Robby,,I agree Great Stick!
    Thanks Rudy... I keep wanting to have a more critical review, but I have smoked nothing but awesome sticks lately...
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    robbyras:

Nice review. Glad you enjoyed it. If you want more just let me know.
    Still cycling through some of my older reviews... I posted the Quesada Espana Review today... I have revisited this cigar about 6 times since this review and have gone from the Petite Robusto to the Corona... And I'm here to say I would not change a word of my review... this thing NEVER disappoints! Easily one of the best of 2011 for me
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    This is A very informative post. Keep up the good work.
    RBeckom:
    This is A very informative post. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks Bro! I appreciate the support for sure...
    AHHHHHHHH! I KNEW the AF-1 was going to be a heavyweight stick. Got a few Emelios resting and can't wait to fire them up. Just need a little time and decent weather. Sigh.
    dowjr1:
    AHHHHHHHH! I KNEW the AF-1 was going to be a heavyweight stick. Got a few Emelios resting and can't wait to fire them up. Just need a little time and decent weather. Sigh.
    It really was... I thought i had my top 11 of '11 all sorted out then I had the AF-1 and it basically blew my list up... as did the CroMagnon... but that's a stork for Wednesday I believe!
    Now you know why I kept asking about getting that review posted. :-)
    dowjr1:
    Now you know why I kept asking about getting that review posted. :-)
    seriously... I wish I had more time to focus on this, but I gotta get paid and so far, the website ain't payin... someday though!!!

but yes, the Emilio was pretty awesome... and they did a nice job of pumping my site on Twitter and Fb, so that helps!