Home Non Cigar Related

Photography Entusiast

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Hey Oz, nice concert shots! I use Flickr too. If you want to post the photo directly to the thread just click on the photo in Flickr, go up to the 'Share' pull down menu above the photo, open up the 'Grab the HTML/BBC Code' menu, make sure it is medium size, then highlight the 'Copy and Paste the Code Below' code. Once that code is copied just put it in your post here and it should come up as a picture in the thread.

Since we're sharing family shots, here's a shot of my daughter I took early this summer. She's showing off her pink Easter gloves she got from Gram:

pink gloves
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    bigharpoon:
    Hey Oz, nice concert shots! I use Flickr too. If you want to post the photo directly to the thread just click on the photo in Flickr, go up to the 'Share' pull down menu above the photo, open up the 'Grab the HTML/BBC Code' menu, make sure it is medium size, then highlight the 'Copy and Paste the Code Below' code. Once that code is copied just put it in your post here and it should come up as a picture in the thread.

Since we're sharing family shots, here's a shot of my daughter I took early this summer. She's showing off her pink Easter gloves she got from Gram:

pink gloves
    Great Shot!!
    Very nice concert shots as well Redtail
  • camgfscamgfs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 967
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    bigharpoon:

pink gloves
    Too cute man
    camgfs:

Great shot cam. She's got that look of oh crap you're here too lol
    Nice shot camgfs! I almost didn't see the one in back, talk about natural camouflage! Here's a bridge only a few miles from my house:

Hemlock Bridge
    bigharpoon:
    Nice shot camgfs! I almost didn't see the one in back, talk about natural camouflage! Here's a bridge only a few miles from my house:

Hemlock Bridge
    Simply beautiful
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

If you look in the background there are 3 more deer, one you can only see a leg...looks like a tree trunk, but the other 2 you can see if you look for them.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:

Hemlock Bridge
    Simply beautiful
    #1 love this pic I could just sit on the bank smoking a great stick and just forget all my worries. Post the same pic after a good snowfall if you get the chance. Would love to see that.
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:

Hemlock Bridge
    Simply beautiful
    WOW, nothing like that around here, that's for sure. Nice photo indeed.

camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

If you look in the background there are 3 more deer, one you can only see a leg...looks like a tree trunk, but the other 2 you can see if you look for them.

Wow I only saw the 1 that is straight back from the one that's the main point of interest. That's awesome man. Wish I could get shots like this
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

Wow I only saw the 1 that is straight back from the one that's the main point of interest. That's awesome man. Wish I could get shots like this
    Look a little to the right and further back you can see one too. I could be imagining it but it looks like "He" has a nice little rack on him perhaps?
    laker1963:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

Look a little to the right and further back you can see one too. I could be imagining it but it looks like "He" has a nice little rack on him perhaps?
    I believe that that one does have a nice lil rack on him.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:

Hemlock Bridge
    Simply beautiful

Love this pic...the only one we've had like it around home was burnt down by John Hunt Morgan (during his Christmas Raid of 1862), and later replaced with an iron bridge, that still remains today.

Sorry I couldn't find the pics I took of it, but I love the history of these sorts. Is there any history of the one you posted?
    I know a little about it. It was built in 1857, is a Maine Historic Civil Engineering Landmark and is the oldest surviving example of the Paddleford Truss System. None of my pictures from the inside came out very good. There are enormous arched trusses that span from footer to footer and go as high as the roof in mid-span.

The water underneath is the old course of the Saco River. A very meandering waterway with lakes, ponds and bogs all around. A meandering river will eventually carve a new course in places and leave some of its old course isolated and no longer connected, which is what happened here. This old course still has current because of the bogs and ponds and lakes to which it is still connected but it no longer is connected to the current flow of the Saco River.
    ENFIDL:
    laker1963:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

I hate to break the news, but the white tail deer up here in the winter shed their antlers. Out of the herd of 50 or so that I watched for an hour, NONE of them had antlers. Funny how the bush can fool you. That's how hunters up here make the mistake of "I swear it was a buck when I shot it!!!"

CvilleE:
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    bigharpoon:

Hemlock Bridge
    Simply beautiful

Love this pic...the only one we've had like it around home was burnt down by John Hunt Morgan (during his Christmas Raid of 1862), and later replaced with an iron bridge, that still remains today.

Sorry I couldn't find the pics I took of it, but I love the history of these sorts. Is there any history of the one you posted?
    That's a cool pic of that iron bridge man
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    laker1963:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:
    ENFIDL:
    camgfs:

I hate to break the news, but the white tail deer up here in the winter shed their antlers. Out of the herd of 50 or so that I watched for an hour, NONE of them had antlers. Funny how the bush can fool you. That's how hunters up here make the mistake of "I swear it was a buck when I shot it!!!"

Well ain't that a B.....lol
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    bigharpoon:
    I know a little about it. It was built in 1857, is a Maine Historic Civil Engineering Landmark and is the oldest surviving example of the Paddleford Truss System. None of my pictures from the inside came out very good. There are enormous arched trusses that span from footer to footer and go as high as the roof in mid-span.

The water underneath is the old course of the Saco River. A very meandering waterway with lakes, ponds and bogs all around. A meandering river will eventually carve a new course in places and leave some of its old course isolated and no longer connected, which is what happened here. This old course still has current because of the bogs and ponds and lakes to which it is still connected but it no longer is connected to the current flow of the Saco River.
    Kool info, thanks for sharing. Glad to see historical landmarks such as that survive all these years.
  • Ironmick63Ironmick63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 100
    I'm glad I saw this thread. My wife and I are thinking about buying a camera for x-mas and we have no glue on which one to get. A canon or a nikon? Just wondering if one is better then the other. Thanks for the help guys.
    Ironmick63:
    I'm glad I saw this thread. My wife and I are thinking about buying a camera for x-mas and we have no glue on which one to get. A canon or a nikon? Just wondering if one is better then the other. Thanks for the help guys.
    I love my nikon d50 that being said I have played with a same price canon and I really think if I had to do it again i might would go cannon. Main reasons being lens prices, shutter speed and a few other things.

However I really dont think you can go wrong with either.
    Teege:
    Ironmick63:
    I love my nikon d50 that being said I have played with a same price canon and I really think if I had to do it again i might would go cannon. Main reasons being lens prices, shutter speed and a few other things.

I have the d50 as well and love it. I have been looking at going Canon on my next one though for the same reasons Teege listed.
    ENFIDL:
    Teege:
    Ironmick63:

I have the d50 as well and love it. I have been looking at going Canon on my next one though for the same reasons Teege listed.
    My brother and I have Sony Alpha cameras. I have never owned a nikon or canon, so I have nothing to compare it to. The most important thing is to realize your understanding of digital cameras and figure out if you want everything automatic or if you will actually use the manual settings. Get what you will use and you will love it; get something with too many gadgets and gizmos that you won't use, and it will collect dust on a shelf. Shop with your head and you will be happy with your camera.

Thought I would post a couple pics of my Green Cheek Conures. I only planned to have one bird, but after someone saw that I could train the bird to ride on the dogs back during our summer walks, I became a target for people who couldn't look after their pet birds. I have only taken in one extra bird so far, but I turn down offers to 're-habilitate' pet birds almost every week. If there was money in it, I could make a small fortune!
    Anyway, here they are, Mr Beans and Miss Marley:

The camera really doesn't do them justice. I'm still trying to figure out how to capture them as they look without the camera trying to change what I see with my eyes.

And, just so my dog doesn't feel left out......

Ironmick63:
    I know people who are happy with both. One cool thing with Nikon is that all their lenses are compatible with all their bodies no matter what. For some (I believe) unbiased reports on all things camera as well as tons and tons of great picture taking info. check out Ken Rockwell:

Ken Rockwell

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    camgfs:
    Well I guess I'd better post something eh?

Current camera: Sony Alpha 300
    Lens 1: Sony 18-70mm
    Lens 2: Sony 75 to 300mm.

And if I get lucky, I get shots like this:

damn, that's awesome.
    Happy Holidays Everyone! Here's a glimpse of our child decorated Charlie Brown tree:

Christmas

I love that this thread continues to live. Thank you to everyone keeping it alive and well.