Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

The Wolfman

2»

Comments

• The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    t_evan50:
    I see both sides. If I had unlimited funds and there was a stick I wanted, I would pay whatever I had to. I just think its a shame that someone pulled some strings to get on the list for a box only to turn around and sell them at a ridiculous price, essentially taking 13 oppertunites away from the every guy that really loves Pete's stuff to own them. I believe that's where Petes view comes from. IMO.
    Yep. I know Its not something I would do and I've never experienced that with the members here who I have purchased from!! Solid Borks!!
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    zeebra:
    $385 for a box already up on ebay! LMFAO! Thats about $30 for one! That is just crazy! I've seen the Boris and Franks sell for about $20-$25 each, but at least they have like 2+ years on em.
    link, i couldnt find them, lol
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    jj20030:
    zeebra:
    $385 for a box already up on ebay! LMFAO! Thats about $30 for one! That is just crazy! I've seen the Boris and Franks sell for about $20-$25 each, but at least they have like 2+ years on em.
    link, i couldnt find them
    Dont do it jimmy! lol - I guess it sold. Its gone now.
    lcpleel:
    jj20030:
    zeebra:
    Dont do it jimmy! lol
    lmao, i added the lol after just to let anyone know i wasnt serious, damm your quick, lol
    lcpleel:
    jj20030:
    zeebra:
    Dont do it jimmy! lol
    lmao, i added the lol after just to let anyone know i wasnt serious, damm your quick, lol + id buy a box of af anejo's before that,lol
    friends dont let friends get raped by ebay sellers. lol
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    On a side note, if anyone does have some of these I've got some good stuff I'd trade for a couple. Including some Boris and Drac.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    The box of 13 sold for $299. The box of 10 sold for $199.
    someone just posted a box of the 2009 drac starting at 320.00 buy now for 380.00 , for 380.00 youll get free shipping,lol
    jj20030:
    someone just posted a box of the 2009 drac starting at 320.00 buy now for 380.00 , for 380.00 youll get free shipping,lol
    In that case I have a 5r id give away for $160. :P
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I got some. I have 5 for trade right now. Looking to sell or trade. Would love to trade for The Drac, The Frank or something Opus.
    t_evan50:
    PM to u E.
    Returned brother
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    For that kinda money boys you could be smokin BHK's...
    Diamondog:
    For that kinda money boys you could be smokin BHK's...
    I got them at regular price lol
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Went to my local B&M and the manger said Oh Rudy glad to see you follow me, We walked down an old stairwell to a dimly lit basement, Then we got to a doorway and he said go on in , well this is what was waiting for me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oec5-3E2_E&feature=related
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    The Kid:
    Went to my local B&M and the manger said Oh Rudy glad to see you follow me, We walked down an old stairwell to a dimly lit basement, Then we got to a doorway and he said go on in , well this is what was waiting for me
    Niiiiiiccccceee Dooooogggggiiiiieeee.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    lol Nice Rudy.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    The Kid:
    I like the sound of that!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    greg2648:
    The Kid:
    Niiiiiiccccceee Dooooogggggiiiiieeee.

Hope it wasn't the Gimp waitin on you !!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    I have some arriving next week, thanks to a certain member of these forums...

I have a few to trade if anyone is interested... looking for interesting stuff in return... rare tats etc... PM me if you're interested
  • joshvoigtjoshvoigt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 325
    Got mine today! Just a half a box though I split with a friend.
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    lcpleel:
    RaschNuts:
    zeebra:
    The Kid:
    t_evan50:
    zeebra:
    Man thats F'd up. Whats worse is someone is gunna buy it. This is why Pete is thinkin of discontinueing the series.
    How is that any different from the opus collectors??Or other collectors who spend an insane amount of money buying cigars to put em behind glass. Me Im a Smoker but I can empathize with collectors.
    Well a bit different IMO. The Wolfman cigar is $13. On Opus, I usually buy em at MSRP or maybe a few bucks more, just not like double MSRP or anything.
    I was at a Fuente event this past friday with some rare opus going for 600+ for 1 stick!!!!!
    wich one is going for 600? I would like to know what it was called and what event it was.
    The few i remember was a Anejo Lance went for 675, although carlito ended up throwing a PJ in there by the end.

The Opus "football" went for 1113 with a few other rare sticks thrown in by the end.

The event was for the Feunte toast across america here in NH they did an auction all proceeds going to charity, After box sales and the auction about 29K was raised for Carlitos charity. Great day!!
    Sounds about right. Because it was for charity. Most of the time the TAA charity will fetch a much much higher price tag. Ive seen LG , PJ, and JG boxes go for thousands of dollars because it was a charity event. Nothing new.
  • amz1301amz1301 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,287
    RaschNuts:
    The Opus "football" went for 1113 with a few other rare sticks thrown in by the end.
    I've seen some pics of the "football". It is pretty cool, but $1113 cool, my god....Well at least if you were going to donate a $1000 to charity you get a cool stick out of it.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    if that was the anejo wrapped opus lancero, i could see paying that type of cash.
    but the football, what a waste of good opus tobacco
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Yeah... I think it is worth pointing out that all of the rare Fuente stuff that sold at the auction at the Federal event recently (70's/80's Fuente cigars, Football, Pu$sy Juices, Sand Sharks, Angel's Share, Brain Hemorrhage, etc.)... those exorbitant final sale prices went entirely to the Cigar Family Charitable Foundation, so really these guys (ballers on the highest tier) were just having a party and making donations to a great charity. Can't really be compared to the gouging on Monster stuff.

MSRP on the dress box is 169.95 and 130.00 on the plain box. I've heard about retailers charging as much as 220.00 for the dress box, which is a damn shame, and have seen even higher prices or demands on certain trade/sell/buy site(s).

That said, getting the plain boxes is easy as pie. I just snagged one from an online retailer this morning, and have feelers out to a few other retailers. Remember, most accounts haven't seen their boxes, and last year some got their boxes as late as early November.