Home Non Cigar Related

A Song of Ice and Fire series

illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
Anyone read/is reading this series? I'm on the second book right now, A Clash of Kings, and it is REALLY good. Anyone who's read them or is reading them post here on your thoughts about the series.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    There has been some discussion. I'm currently 75% through book 5 and really enjoying the series.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Definitely love this series. I've read the first 4 books, and think they are fantastic. I'm not a huge fan of most fantasy literature written any time recently (just way too much of the same poorly written crap written by some lonely neckbeard fanfic wank off in his mom's basement with a stack of AD&D reference books under his pillow...) but I think these are a worthy heir to the crown held by mythopeoias like The Wheel of Time and Middle Earth series.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    Hey thanks for the info, I have been looking for a new series, I am currently reading the "Deathgate Cycle" books. I am currently on book 4 of 7.
    The books are ok but sometimes under developed or predictable, but they have entertaining moments also.