Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Troops Cigars Bombing Campaign

JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
If you don't know the background of this thread based on the title, go read this thread so that you'll know what's going on!

What follows will be an account of the destruction the good BORKs of this forum are doling out against the U.S. and Coalition forces in Southwest Asia!

Gotta start by throwing BandyT09 and sidekick, j0z3r, under the bus for organizing this. BandyT threw down some serious coin to get the final bomb shipped over here. That and organizing this project lands 90% of the blame on his person. What a BORK!

My plan is to post a reply to this thread for each munition that I dump on a hapless victim or group of victims so keep an eye out to see what developments come of this. I will also post pics that I get back from the damned who yet walk among us with smiles on their faces...

Ready? Go!

Comments

• BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Awesome. Can't wait!
  • JonathanEJonathanE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 401
    For starters, here's the initial inventory of munitions that came this way. I need a bigger bed! (That's approximately 350 cigars + gear)

~350 cigars + gear
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    WOW! Thats amazing!!! Great work fellas, Todd and Joe especially!!!
    Target: Me!
    Organization: Depot Liaison Engineer
    Crime: Dealing in Controlled Substances
    Punishment: (see below)

High Five
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I'm no sidekick, I'm a co-conspirator. Unless there's something bad involved, then it was all Todd. Smile [:)]
    Target: Group Commander / Squadron Commander
    Organization: Maintenance Group / Maintenance Operations Squadron
    Crime: Trespass of Cigar Aficianados on forum territory

High Five
    Target: Superintendent
    Organization: Analysis, P&S, Engine Management sections
    Crime: Aiding and abetting progress

High Five
    Target: Commander's Scotch, Cards & Cigars Social
    Organization: Air Expeditionary Wing Leadership
    Crime: Dereliction of Duty

High Five
    Target: Controllers
    Organization: Mission Operation Control
    Crime: Excessive PPT Utilization

High Five
    Target: Maintainers
    Organization: C-130 Aircraft MX Unit
    Crime: Reckless driving (MX stands are dangerous!)

High Five
    Target: Maintainers
    Organization: Maintenance Group
    Crime: Excessive airlift

High Five
    The previous post is targeting one of our very own. How2Bass, warn your boss and y'all start fighting over who gets what! There are 15 for you and 25 to share with the rest of your MXG. They should launch tomorrow!

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    What a great gesture and thread. Well done!
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    fla-gypsy:
    +1 love seeing stuff like this
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    MTuccelli:
    fla-gypsy:

+2 This is looking real good. Todd, you are the man for getting this going again...

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    RCY Cigars:
    MTuccelli:
    fla-gypsy:

+2 This is looking real good. Todd, you are the man for getting this going again...

Did nothing that other brothers before have done. Super glad I could help.

Big thank you to Jonathan for doing the brunt of the work on this as there is a ton of work to be done getting these to the soldiers. However, with all that being said, if it weren't for the donations from everyone here then this wouldn't be happening so it truly is/was a group/forum effort.
  • howtobasshowtobass Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 589
    JonathanE:
    The previous post is targeting one of our very own. How2Bass, warn your boss and y'all start fighting over who gets what! There are 15 for you and 25 to share with the rest of your MXG. They should launch tomorrow!

Can't wait! A big thank you to everyone involved. This should be one EPIC cigar party!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    zeebra:

This needed to be said again. Fantastic job, guys.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    jlmarta:
    zeebra:

This needed to be said again. Fantastic job, guys.
    Great job to Jonathan, too! I LOVE the way you put this thread together. Very entertaining!!
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 775
    howtobass:
    JonathanE:

Can't wait! A big thank you to everyone involved. This should be one EPIC cigar party!
    This is kind of funny but only because it turned out well. I ended up giving the guys at the post office a bit of a cigar education courtesy of my iPhone!

Anyone who knows anything about cigars knows that Cuban/Cubano/Cubao/etc. appears on LOTS of cigars along with other words that can be considered forms of the term "Cuba." Well, these guys decided that all of those cigars were CUBAN and they were going to confiscate and throw them away. Boy am I glad I had my iPhone handy! I got on wikipedia and showed them that Perdomo is made in Nicaragua, NOT Cuba despite the fact that the label said "Cuban Piloto" or something of that nature. They took my word on the rest of them after that.

In the end, HowtoBass, your cigars are airborne and none are missing!

I got invited to go and burn one with the MOC controllers that I bombed a couple of days ago. I'm hopeful that I can make it and, if I do, there will be pics... {B-)

JonathanE:
    howtobass:
    JonathanE:

This is kind of funny but only because it turned out well. I ended up giving the guys at the post office a bit of a cigar education courtesy of my iPhone!

Anyone who knows anything about cigars knows that Cuban/Cubano/Cubao/etc. appears on LOTS of cigars along with other words that can be considered forms of the term "Cuba." Well, these guys decided that all of those cigars were CUBAN and they were going to confiscate and throw them away. Boy am I glad I had my iPhone handy! I got on wikipedia and showed them that Perdomo is made in Nicaragua, NOT Cuba despite the fact that the label said "Cuban Piloto" or something of that nature. They took my word on the rest of them after that.

In the end, HowtoBass, your cigars are airborne and none are missing!

I got invited to go and burn one with the MOC controllers that I bombed a couple of days ago. I'm hopeful that I can make it and, if I do, there will be pics... {B-)

I tell ya.... It sounds like the post office workers at your location are just as bad as the ones at mine! Glad they made it though. Looking forward to celebrating with my extended family here! P.S. - Gotta love the iphone to save the day!
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    This was some cool beans. Hope they're all well enjoyed by the men and women over there.
    I was able to make it out to burn one with the MOC controllers last night! Unfortunately I forgot all about taking a picture until after a couple of people had already left but here's the big three from last night... not including myself, of course. {B-)

MOC Burn
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Way to go Jonathan! Todd and the rest of the gang, you did an incredible job setting this all up! It's awesome to see this place giving back to the troops that let us enjoy these luxuries! -- Brett
    Man! Your smokepit is close to the action. You have to hike where i am to smoke....
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Absolutely BADASS Jonathan! Thanks for sharing the great pics, and for everything you're doing in distributing the sticks. Very cool stuff man.

PS: On a personal note, I had forgotten how ABSOLUTELY HORRID Air Force PT gear is! :-)

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Nice job to all who made it happen.. acts of kindness are never forgotten.
    The Sniper:
    Absolutely BADASS Jonathan! Thanks for sharing the great pics, and for everything you're doing in distributing the sticks. Very cool stuff man.

PS: On a personal note, I had forgotten how ABSOLUTELY HORRID Air Force PT gear is! :-)

Indeed it is.......
    Got the package from Jonathan today! We are having a cigar party Wed. night after our drink and pictures with the redskins cheerleaders! Should be some awesome pics! Thank you everyone!