Home Ratings & Reviews

Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connecticut *Edited w/pics*

Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
Today’s cigar is the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio Connecticut robusto. The EdS was the high-end Perdomo a few years back and was reintroduced last year. It’s named for Nick Perdomo’s late grandfather, Silvio Perdomo. I remember smoking one a few years ago and it blew me away. The new version has a lot to live up to if it expects to survive.

No one can dispute the quality of the cigars that the Perdomo factory puts out. In fact out of all the Perdomo cigars I’ve tried, I can’t remember one single sub-standard stick. The EdS is no exception. It’s a beautiful cigar to look at with a glistening, virtually seamless Connecticut-Ecuador wrapper. The filler is all Nicaraguan seco, viso, and ligero.

As the cigar progresses, some nutmeg and honey flavors appear. The burn is absolutely perfect and the ash holds firm.

The strength is at the bottom end of medium which is a pleasant change of pace from the turbocharged, knee-knocking blends that seem to be in vogue.

As the cigar approaches the end, the only thing I can think of is “that was a friggin’ awesome smoke”. Definitely not overwhelming in the strength department, it more than makes up for it via flavor profile and complexity.

I can say without hesitation that this is the finest Connecticut-wrapped cigar I’ve smoked. The only problem I have is paying close to $15-$20 per stick for a Connie. My wife actually ordered me two of these, two of the EdS maduros (I’ll review that one later), and two Opus XXX. The only reason she ordered them is she heard me talking to my brother-in-law about them and wanted to surprise me.

Would I buy a box? Probably not, because a chest of twenty robustos will set you back a bit over $300.

Would I smoke it again? Hell yea!

Comments