Home Non Cigar Related

Recently promoted

RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
Just patting myself on the back here. But I recently got promoted to Captain either I'm doing something right or they are scrapeing the bottom of the barrell.(is that spelled right? Just don't look right.)

Comments

• dopeyferreedopeyferree Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 274
    Congrats, What type of Captain, military or civil.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    dopeyferree:
    Captain of a towboat, pushing barges up and down the rivers. Mainly the Mississippi and Ohio.
  • dopeyferreedopeyferree Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 274
    Very nice. Congrats.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Way to go brother! Always great to see good things happen to good people. Thanks for sharing the good news with us!

• beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Excellent. That just means that the pilot and deckhands can now blame you for everything. More $?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    beatnic:
    Excellent. That just means that the pilot and deckhands can now blame you for everything. More $?
    You got that right. can't say I like the xtra responsabilities but the raise in pay definately will come in handy.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Rhamlin:
    Just patting myself on the back here. But I recently got promoted to Captain either I'm doing something right or they are scrapeing the bottom of the barrell.(is that spelled right? Just don't look right.)
    You are in good company... Other famous Captains... Cousteau, Quint, Bligh, Hook, Morgan, Lou Albano, Sparrow, America, Marvel, Kirk , Krunch, Kangaroo, Undepants, Caveman, and Captain Obvious.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Rhamlin:
    Congrats man. Nothing wrong with patting yourself on the back for your accomplishments.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Congrats broski.
  • grannejagranneja Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 382
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kaspera79:
    Rhamlin:
    You are in good company... Other famous Captains... Cousteau, Quint, Bligh, Hook, Morgan, Lou Albano, Sparrow, America, Marvel, Kirk , Krunch, Kangaroo, Undepants, Caveman, and Captain Obvious.

Congrats brother ... Kas thats pretty dang funny !
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Congrats buddy!!!
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    Capt Rhamlin...sounds like a Deadliest Catch Captain's name. Has that ring to it. Congrats on the promo.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Rhamlin:
    dopeyferree:
    Captain of a towboat, pushing barges up and down the rivers. Mainly the Mississippi and Ohio.
    congrats, most my friends are captiains on tows, crewboats, pilot boats and work boats , ones on his week off bow hunting in minn.
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    Congrats brother!! You hiring? haha
    jj20030:
    Rhamlin:
    dopeyferree:
    congrats, most my friends are captiains on tows, crewboats, pilot boats and work boats , ones on his week off bow hunting in minn.
    Yeah I bet brother. You live in a busy ass commercial spot. Probably can't walk into a bar without tripping over someone that works boats.??
    skweekz:
    Towing companies are always hiring. Even in this economy they can't get enough people. Mainly because not to many people stay around more than a year.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    Rhamlin:
    skweekz:
    Towing companies are always hiring. Even in this economy they can't get enough people. Mainly because not to many people stay around more than a year.
    my hats off to u and congrats...the folks that I have talked to that work round the Louisville area of the Ohio River speak of how grueling the work is...I'm sure that has a lot to do with such a high turnover...
    CvilleE:
    Rhamlin:
    skweekz:
    my hats off to u and congrats...the folks that I have talked to that work round the Louisville area of the Ohio River speak of how grueling the work is...I'm sure that has a lot to do with such a high turnover...
    Yes it sure can be at that. I know I couldn't make it as a deckhand now but I put 18 years decking it can break you down. Been driving boats about 12 years now and somedays I really wish I was back decking.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Congrats on the promo. I hope in means more money and opportunities for you.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647