Home Cigar 101

Beads

kardar2kardar2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
For those people looking for beads this is what I found out: You can get the beads at:www.hearfeltindustries.com Measure your humi (W) x (H) x (L) = square in. there is a calculator on heart felt web site. In the threads every one says you want to order double the amount of beads for your humi. The beads will last about 5 years. All you need to do is add distilled water to the beads. TIPS: Some people buy the bulk beads and use plastic torpedo and poke holes in them and then put the beads in them or any plastic container and odor free. You can also use the case that came with your humi just take out the sponge.

Comments

• kardar2kardar2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    kardar2:
    For those people looking for beads this is what I found out: You can get the beads at:www.hearfeltindustries.com Measure your humi (W) x (H) x (L) = square in. there is a calculator on heart felt web site. In the threads every one says you want to order double the amount of beads for your humi. The beads will last about 5 years. All you need to do is add distilled water to the beads.
    opps I thought I was adding this to the thread( Beads v gel ) I already started sorry about that.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    No sweat, kardar. Thanks for posting the info.
  • kardar2kardar2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    UPDATE: Well I bought 3- 1oz tubes for my humi I am still using foam hydration pack also. I still had to put a dish of distilled water in my humi to keep it up close to 70%. My next experiment will to see if I can take out my foam pack and see how it will react. My humi is 1440 sq inches. The temp inside humi is 65F. with 68% humidity
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    just for clarification, you need to put the beads (about 3/4 wet) along with a bowl of distilled water? I thought that was just when preping the humi?