Home General Discussion

Show off your Humi set-up

Comments

• ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    0patience:
    Toombes:
    Lads, for those of you who have seen the splendor that is the trunkidor I'm sad to announce that it has been knocked down to storage duty only. Too many issues with keeping it sealed. So, this is the new set-up courtesy of my neighbor who moved on Thanksgiving day.
    It was a beautiful thing though.
    Have you tried aquarium sealer on the seams?
    Most of the aquarium sealer is no fumes, so a few humi builders use it on the glass.
    Just a thought.

It's a shame, cause that thing is awesome.

The majority of the problem was getting a good seal around the lid. I plan to revamp my efforts this spring/summer when I can lug it outside and work on it. Until then, the 100ct and 40ct will have to do.
    Thanks for the tip about the aquarium sealer, though. I'll hit the pet shops and snag some.
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    Christmas came early!!
    My girlfriend decided to surprise me with a brand new humidor as an early Christmas present.
    I'm in the process of seasoning it right now and threw in the boveda pack to get the RH stabilized before I begin buying cigars to fill it!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!imageimageimage
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Rain:
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!imageimageimage
    I see a few cigars that you are missing......Hmmmmmm.
    They are either burried or I don't know that they are missing!
    Rain:
    You missing point.......There are some cigars that I have in my humidor that I am going to transfer to your humidor.....At Charles Schwaab, they call it "asset transfer".........You will be very happy.......
    greg2648:
    Rain:
    You missing point.......There are some cigars that I have in my humidor that I am going to transfer to your humidor.....At Charles Schwaab, they call it "asset transfer".........You will be very happy.......
    I know what you meant, I just refuse to acknowledge you. You just hit me last week, knock it off!
    Rain:
    greg2648:
    Rain:
    I know what you meant, I just refuse to acknowledge you. You just hit me last week, knock it off!
    Obviously, I f'ed up......There are some holes in your humidor......Thats ok, I have my warehouse manger working on it.......
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    greg2648:
    Rain:

And that's why I don't let Greg see my humidor!
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    My Little Baby!!!!

My Baby All Closed Up....

edelrionyc:
    My Little Baby!!!!

Cute, but where do you keep your sticks? ;)
    There's a top tray that I put smokes that I'm going to smoke soon but then the top tray comes out and you have about a 5 inch deep storage for more smokes. Supposedly this is a 300 count humidor but I've probably have filled it up with at most 150...
  • ccezarccezar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Rain:
    A little more empty then last time, and I switched to beads. Man, I need to move my humi and dust!image
    I've got the exact same humi bro. Love my treasure chest. imageimage
    How did you get the tray dividers to stay put? Some kind of wood glue?
    Rain:
    Mine have a strip of foam or weatherstripping glued to the ends. They stay in place by friction.
  • ccezarccezar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 97
    Rain:
    Naw, they fit tight and snug. They have some kind of thin layer of foam on each end to hold it in place
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    Finally got around to posting up my set-up. Seems fitting for the big 7-0-0. Enjoy!

Photobucket
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Rain:
    Too soon ;)
    +1 im pretty new here, but i think ive seen this humi....somewhere!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    That's funny...that humi looks just like my walk in I have at my house. In fact, that picture looks like the same one I have of my walk in...words and all. LOL
    edit: dont ask me how I got the words to hover in the air like that. it's a secret
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    ddubridge:
    That's funny...that humi looks just like my walk in I have at my house. In fact, that picture looks like the same one I have of my walk in...words and all. LOL
    edit: dont ask me how I got the words to hover in the air like that. it's a secret
    Lmfao holy sh|t thats funny.. glicky woulda loved that
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    My 2 humis finally restocked.imageimage
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    very nice. it looks really nicely organized.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    My wife says I'm too anal. Always moving them around to make use of as much space as I can.
    jliu:
    very nice. it looks really nicely organized.
    First thing I thought.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Rhamlin:
    My wife says I'm too anal. Always moving them around to make use of as much space as I can.
    haha I'm kinda like you. I even like to put groceries in the trunk in a methodical manner. looks good dude
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    Rhamlin:
    haha I'm kinda like you. I even like to put groceries in the trunk in a methodical manner. looks good dude
    very nice. mine are in alphabetical order.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    Rhamlin:
    very nice. mine are in alphabetical order.
    I can't find sh!t in mine!! I know....just follow your nose....