Home Non Cigar Related

Vinyl

JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
Anyone still enjoy records? I had a decent set up and am listening to Led Zeppelin IV right now. Love it.

Comments

• jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    JSaint:
    Anyone still enjoy records? I had a decent set up and am listening to Led Zeppelin IV right now. Love it.
    i thought about setting one back up but will just stick with my cd player, its hooked up to a marantz model 2325 and a set of pioneer CS B9000 speakers thou,lol
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    Vinyl. You mean that stuff from last century? Yeh, I have a few. LMAO. Worn down to the label.
    I understand the new releases and turntables are outstanding. I have a few direct discs from way back, but alas, they are also worn.
    Having lived in the days of mono, hifi, stereo, quadrophonic (Yes I had a quad. Listening to ELP "Lucky man" in quad is awesome), and seeing and hearing the changes through the years, Digital music has far surpassed the quality of vinyl.
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    i have some vinyl but it's all from Sublime and most of it is pretty rare.
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    I am a dj and I still spin on vinyl! :) It just sounds better!
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    I have a huge collection vinyl. Probably around 800 records. I love vinyl.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I own a ton of vinyl.. Probably a thousand albums. Some day I'll drag them out and sell them somewhere. Haven't played one in twenty years.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    I love vinyl! If I had the disposable income back when the Deftones did their box release of all theirs I would have snatched it up
  • e6specialke6specialk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 216
    I have an AMI/Rowe Jukebox that plays 45s, they sound great.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    I still listen to records sometimes. Granted.. Cd quality is better, but it just doesn't have the same "rawness" that an Lp/Ep has.
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    kaspera79:
    I own a ton of vinyl.. Probably a thousand albums. Some day I'll drag them out and sell them somewhere. Haven't played one in twenty years.
    Could just send them to me Kas =p. lol
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    holy crap, Yeah I am just getting back into it. I am going through an audio phase right now. I was talking to my mp3, I mean son, about music quality and compression. Well I ended up getting out the thorens and setting it up again. I havent had it set up in 6 years. Man I forgot how excellent vinyl can sound. I don't know why I ever traded them out for cd's
  • GrazuhGrazuh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 164
    ENFIDL:
    I love vinyl! If I had the disposable income back when the Deftones did their box release of all theirs I would have snatched it up
    +1 Love the Deftones.

I've collected vinyl off and on for years, but haven't owned a record player since I was a kid. Mostly Kyuss, QOTSA and Hum.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    I "Had" about 200 Rock N Roll albums,, some european only releases that I purchase when I was in Germany.. A couple I hadnt ever opened.. Lost em
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV1dyV9d_1k
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    The Kid:
    I "Had" about 200 Rock N Roll albums,, some european only releases that I purchase when I was in Germany.. A couple I hadnt ever opened.. Lost em
    Really that sucks....I have probly a 100+.....I have everything from the first Hank Williams...to Folsom Prison Live...Elvis....Prince Purple or Rain (or somethin I don't know, came with some concert pics in the sleeve)...Guns N Roses...n more... I love to here the clear analog sound of classics...I should add that to the what do u collect thread...I even picked up a Lynyrd Skynyrd album up at a local pawn shop...the wife was there and didn't know what it was..lol...got their Pronounced 'Leh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd disco for $1.50...lol.
  • CvilleECvilleE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,177
    CvilleE:
    The Kid:
    Really that sucks....I have probly a 100+.....I have everything from the first Hank Williams...to Folsom Prison Live...Elvis....Prince Purple or Rain (or somethin I don't know, came with some concert pics in the sleeve)...Guns N Roses...n more... I love to here the clear analog sound of classics...I should add that to the what do u collect thread...I even picked up a Lynyrd Skynyrd album up at a local pawn shop...the wife was there and didn't know what it was..lol...got their Pronounced 'Leh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd disco for $1.50...lol.
    ohhhh.. watched the vid after i posted....sorry...i didn't loose any dics that way, but lost a few diamonds and gold..lol
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Are there any Borks out there who are collectors of old amplifiers, turntables, etc. ? I have some gear from the 60's and 70's I'd be willing to part with. PM me if you're interested.
    CvilleE:
    CvilleE:
    The Kid:
    ohhhh.. watched the vid after i posted....sorry...i didn't loose any dics that way, but lost a few diamonds and gold..lol
    Its all good, Try not to get too worked up over material things,, Guess you cant tell that from the video,,lol... Yea I had some really cool ones lots of double live albums,, Kiss Alive, Led Zep Song Remains the Same, Lynyrd Skynyrd One more from the road, Ted Nugent double live gonzo,, Pink Floyd The Wall..too many to mention, A ton more that my older brother picked up when he was a teenager, Oh well they werent all in perfect condition some had scratches and slight warpage from being left on the turntable in the sunlight. I bet that Folsom Prison Live one is awesome!!
    jlmarta:
    Are there any Borks out there who are collectors of old amplifiers, turntables, etc. ? I have some gear from the 60's and 70's I'd be willing to part with. PM me if you're interested.
    Im still into some of that stuff, I picked up my system when I was in Germany,, One of the loudest systems in the dorm,,,lol,,, The guys just loved me... Nothin like getting off a night shift and blastin out some Nazareth Hair of The DoG....,,Most of my Equipment is Yamaha, some Onkyo, Some TEAC, Cerwin Vega Speakers .. I got well over 400 cassettes,,PM sent