Home Non Cigar Related

Lost cell phone? -Update

dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
So check this out. I am meeting a friend for lunch and put my phone in my front sweatshirt pocket as I go out the door. The Asian rest. is 1 mile from home. We meet, eat, I walk 50 feet down the sidewalk to ship a box of stogies for a trade at UPS a few doors down, get back in the car and come home. After I am home for about an hour I realize I can't find my phone. I call it...not in the yard, house, or car. Go back to lunch place and its not there. Call Sprint and set up location service. Several times it pings the location as being within 100 feet of the Asian lunch place. The service also says phone is on and getting service so it has not been turned off (which you assume someone would do if they were stealing it). While in the rest for the 3rd time I have them call the phone, can't hear it ring. I pull out the seating all around where I ate and nothing. I go and check all the businesses along the sidewalk for lost phone, nothing. Parking lot, trash cans, call it and nothing. I go back home and recheck the locator...same thing phone has not moved...says it is still within 100 feet of the Asian place. Got dark and cold so I had to pack it in. I will go back tomorrow early before all the cars come back. So does anyone have any ideas what in the world in going on with this?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Maybe someone found it, and put it in their own car.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Maybe Someone turned it in at another business if UPS is in a strip mall or something similar. Do you have a phone you can borrow to take with you so you can call at every place? Good luck.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    I knew that new cell phone stealthing program the Asians had been working on would come back to bite us.... jk
    Seriously that sucks! What about the restroom?
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    james40:
    Maybe Someone turned it in at another business if UPS is in a strip mall or something similar. Do you have a phone you can borrow to take with you so you can call at every place? Good luck.
    Yeah I'd borrow someone's cell and just walk around calling it if it hasn't disappeared by now.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    The waiter or waitress picked it up and took it to the kitchen . The kitchen help has laid it aside because it is not a priority for them . They are more interested in cooking another ca ....... err I mean delicious asian entree and not getting their *** jumped on . Just sayin ... its in the kitchin .
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Or... it is in the box you set up for trade? Someone is getting a cellphone with their trade.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    So here is an update. Sprint tracking put the phone within a very small radius of the restaurant...it did not move for hours. So that basically means I did not drop it outside somewhere in the parking lot...it never left the restaurant. Someone used the phone and did an outgoing call at 5:10pm and called where? The restaurant. So statistical probability suggests someone with the staff took it and put it somewhere it could not be heard but neglected to turn it off. About 6pm it got turned off and I could no longer track it so they finally figured out it was being tracked. Probably bc I kept coming back into the restaurant. There is a thief among them almost certainly.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    That blows man. Raise some hell with a manager. They can see who was on staff during those hours. Thats some bs bro.
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 600
    I went in and told him "hey the phone did not move from this location all afternoon. Someone on your staff stole it." Hes like "Oh." What I should have done is gone in yesterday and said hey get these people out here and have them dump out all the sh*t in their purses and coats bc one of them is lying and has it! Now it is gone though and I will have to order a new used phone. $250. Sucks.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Dan this sucks! I'm really sorry to hear this man. F'in thieves! They'll get what's coming to them. Karma is a b!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Really sucks. Any time I had to get a recieved phone it's always been just not quite right.