Home Ratings & Reviews

Excellent Lanceros

t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
Looking for suggestions on some good lanceros. I've been on a big lancero kick lately and have only tried a few but I've really enjoyed what I have tried. I've only had the Triunfador OR, PDR Blue, Illusione HL Nat. And maduro. Any others u guys think are great (especially ones that arnt impossible to find)?

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    t_evan50:
    Looking for suggestions on some good lanceros. I've been on a big lancero kick lately and have only tried a few but I've really enjoyed what I have tried. I've only had the Triunfador OR, PDR Blue, Illusione HL Nat. And maduro. Any others u guys think are great (especially ones that arnt impossible to find)?
    Evan, since you have done the Illusione HL Nat & Maddy, you need to do the Candela. Also the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero is pretty exellent.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    bandyt09:
    t_evan50:
    Evan, since you have done the Illusione HL Nat & Maddy, you need to do the Candela. Also the Tatuaje Black Petite Lancero is pretty exellent.
    My b&m has the candela. I need to try one for sure. And yea I forgot about the black PL. Its def. One of my favorite cigars let alone a lancero. Thanks bandy.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    LFD DL natural and Cameroon. My Father (with 2+years)
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    The My Father that Joe is referring to is the #4 size from the original blend (at least I think that's the one he was talking about) and it is a mind melting smoke. Also the DPG Blue lancero that Isaac mentioned in another thread.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Charlie at The Cigar Feed did a series of 50 lancero reviews recently. Here's a link to the list: The Lancero50
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    They have boxes of RP The Edge for $49.99 at Corona on occasion and it is a heck of a deal. I hit on some maduros and they are pretty tasty. You can even clip them in half for two quick smokes.
    docbp87:
    Charlie at The Cigar Feed did a series of 50 lancero reviews recently. Here's a link to the list: The Lancero50
    That's awesome. Thanks for the link doc.
  • Unthought_KnownUnthought_Known Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 454
    Padron Lancero/Panetela is top notch.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    I said it on another thread, but it deserves to be added here, too...

San Cristobal lancero is top notch. So is the DPG blue lancero. I also like the Oliva Serie V lancero... and from what I hear, the LP40 is supposed to be tit... but unfortunately I've not tried that one yet... YET. lol
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,101
    Unthought_Known:
    Padron Lancero/Panetela is top notch.
    Lancero's aren't really my thing (I'm too impatient to take care of them like you need to while smoking) but I have to give a thumbs up here to the padron long and skinnys. The Palmas (not quite a lancero) can be had for a song and the maduros especially have big time flavor.

Also I recently smoked a Kristoff Sumatra Lancero and it was solid.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Nice link, doc. Of all the lanceros I've had on that list I would agree with all their ratings and reviews. The airbender was a particularly disappointing vitola which was their opinion as well. The My Father rocks, also their conclusion.
    Thanks for all the suggestions you guys. Im currently working on a list to make up a sampler as a gift for myself for christmas. Gunna be a long list.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    There was a San Cristobal/La Aroma de Cuba Lancero sampler available for a while. 5 of each. Superior smokes.
  • KCWKCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,253
    I just found out 262 is coming out with a Lancero for the Paradigm.
    KCW:
    I just found out 262 is coming out with a Lancero for the Paradigm.
    No Sh!t? Awesome! I love the paradigm. I'll be looking for that release for sure.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the lfd airbender lancero is ver good as well.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    kuzi16:
    the lfd airbender lancero is ver good as well.
    +1 if christmas wasnt so close id buy a box