Home Cigar 101

New Cigar Smoker...A Few Questions

TRumble24TRumble24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
Hey Everyone,
    I am a new cigar smoker, had my first cigar a month ago in Vegas and another this past weekend. Both times I smoked an Ashton and I thoroughly enjoyed both of them! What are some other cigars that are similar that I should try, also what are some that are more full bodied? I'm eager to try new types and see what I like.

Also, how are the Cigar.com private label sticks? Any good?

Finally, any recommendations on storage? Don't want to buy an expensive humidor yet, I'll be smoking about a cigar a week at best for the time being.

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    The cigar.com house blends are very good, my personal favorite is the Cuban label, has a wonderful taste. As for some others to try, I'd reommend looking into the Cusano 18 natural and maduro, Oliva Serie G cameroon, 5 Vegas Classic and Gold and perhaps some of the CAO blends might appeal to you. And storage, whether you buy a big humidor or a little one, you need to have one for your cigars. The good thing is they don't have to cost a lot of money for a decent sized box. Here's a link to a medium sized, nice looking humidor with a decent price Link.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Everything Jozer said is great but I'll add a little here. If you liked the Ashtons I'd give some A. Fuente's a shot Fuente makes Ashtons. For something that is similar yet a little more full bodied, try a Nording by Rocky Patel.

Like Jozer said a humidor would be best. But in the short term, you can use a piece of tupperware with one of the water pillows you get when you order from here.
  • kardar2kardar2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 43
    Also the cigar web sites have humidor combo's a small humi and it comes with some cigars to get started just look around. you already started at the right place by asking questions. Welcome My Friend!!!!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Trumble. That like the boxing guy says... Let's get ready Truuuuuummmmbbblllllllllle
    Welcome...come early, stay late. I like Fuentes /Ashton cigars any time. That's a good place to start. Make sure you keep some kind of humidity in your storage container, never put them in the refrigerator, High prices don't always mean a better cigar, some of my favorites are less than five bucks. While I have smoked many 10-20+ dollar cigars. Listen to what people are talking about here ( good and bad) they have proven to be very reliable judges.
    kaspera79:
    Let's get ready Truuuuuummmmbbblllllllllle
    Careful Kas, Michael Buffer might sue for copyright infringement is he sees that. :)
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Let's get ready Truuuuuummmmbbblllllllllle
    Careful Kas, Michael Buffer might sue for copyright infringement is he sees that. :)
    Hey Trumble is the one at risk for infringement.. I'm just saying his name.
    Hmm...he'll probably get you on an accessory to commit copyright infringement...that tricky bass-turd.
  • TRumble24TRumble24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info! I'll be cruising around here a lot more often now. By the way, my last name is Rumble, so Buffer doesn't have a thing on me! I should go after him! HA!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    hey Trumble.. what you doin' in your avatar? Canyoning?
    dutyje:
    He should be asking you the same question Duty..
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    We all know what is going on in Doody's avatar...it's a prelude to a Barry White song.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    We all know what is going on in Doody's avatar...it's a prelude to a Barry White song.
    .. I can hear it now.... yeah baby.. I can't get enough of your love babe.. I'm qualified to, satisfy you, I can't get enough of your love eeyoor..
  • TRumble24TRumble24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    That was taken while I was Spelunking (Caving) in Sonora, CA. It was a blast! Not for the claustrophobic however...
    TRumble24:
    That was taken while I was Spelunking (Caving) in Sonora, CA. It was a blast! Not for the claustrophobic however...
    ...Or men who buy clothing at Big & Tall Shops it would appear.. Damn, the things people do for fun.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Caving was my first thought, but then I thought it was too well-lit.
  • cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    TRumble24:
    Heh, heh, I've always found that word funny...Spelunking...heh, heh...I always equate it to Sport F&%$ing...heh...heh Spelunking.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    kaspera79:
    dutyje:
    Warn a brother...I spit coffee all over my lap top on this one.