Home Ratings & Reviews

Kuzi's cigar catalog

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Kuzi, you ever had the Camacho Triple Maduro? I picked one up today and am wondering what I'm in for...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    phobicsquirrel:
    Kuzi, you ever had the Camacho Triple Maduro? I picked one up today and am wondering what I'm in for...
    It's an interesting smoke phobic. Hard to describe it, but it is a rich cigar, so have some food in you before you tackle it. The Triple Maduro was not a spicy cigar, but I'd call it full bodied as it left me light headed.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I would have to agree with j0. It definately is interesting. I have 3 or 4 aging right now.
    nice, thanks peeps!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    phobicsquirrel:
    never had it. i think next time im on my way home from work and the shop is open ill pick one up.
  • SmokeRingSmokeRing Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    I've had a few of them about 6 months or so ago and they are indeed full-bodied, so jO is right, smoke it after a meal. I remember liking them but not loving them and haven't smoked any since. Re: Padron 4000 Maduro, Very nice cigar. I smoke the 3000 and 4000 occasionally. I tihink of the Padron regular line the same way as I do Punch and Hoyo de Monterey good, dependable and consistant smokes with no surprises. Cheers!
    11-24-08 been in humi since 6-5-08
    Defiance by Xikar: The Renegade (5x50)
    Wrapper: Nicaraguan Shade Grown Criollo
    Binder: Nicaraguan Sungrown Corojo
    Filler: Nicaraguan

The cigar is smooth to the touch and has a bit of sheen to it. The band of red, black, and cream looks very nice on it.

The lick on the cap has a mild but sweet taste to it with a bit of wood flavor as well. The draw unlit has a bit of cinnamon to it and the draw itself is good.

The initial flavor has a coffee flavor to it and a fair amount of black pepper. The coffee is a bit on the bitter side. This settles, after a few puffs, to a bit of rich earth on the finish. Through the nose a floral note is present.

As the cigar approaches the first ash, a nice subtle sweetness develops on the initial taste followed by coffee with black pepper and a finish of earth. Its nice and complex after just one inch. Shortly after this point the first ash falls.

At the halfway point the pepper and sweet settle out leaving behind the coffee and earth. Compared to where it was, this cigar has, for some reason, taken a turn to the bland.

As I move to the end of the cigar much of the same continues. Earth. Coffee. The burn is slightly uneven but nothing major.

This cigar developed quickly to a point then dropped off and maintained a steady flavor for the rest of the stick. If the cigar had continued on the path it started on it would have been wonderful…. but it didn’t so it was only good.
    Burned to the nub.
    Burn time: 1h 35min

Burn: 9
    Draw: 9
    Taste: 8
    Aftertaste: 8
    Construction: 9
    Appearance: 9
    Feel: 7

Overall: 8.4
    3 smoke rings -- an average cigar
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Did you read the inside of the band?
    madurofan:
    Did you read the inside of the band?
    inside of the band:
    Welcome! we've been looking for you and other free thinking cigar smokers like you, join us at www.defiancealliance.org. Rules are few perks are many. conformists need not apply.
    i actually taped this into the catalog so that you could flip it up and see that.
    Like I told ya, the cigar is pretty good not great but where the money goes is great.
    Hey kuzi, you ever have a Gurhka Ancient Warrior, Crest, Factum, or Triple Ligero? Saw these in some bundles was curious if they were worth a buy.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Hey kuzi, you ever have a Gurhka Ancient Warrior, Crest, Factum, or Triple Ligero? Saw these in some bundles was curious if they were worth a buy.
    I've had the Triple Ligero but haven't had the other three. I haven't heard of the factum. I want to try ALL.
    Was it any good?
    I've got an Ancient Warrior staring at me from my desk, keeps taunting me to smoke it. I hear it is one of the better and more popular Gurkhas.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Was it any good?
    Actually, I liked it. I thought it might be too strong but it wasn't. I can't say it is one of the best I have ever had but it definately is good. I picked up a 10 pack about 2 months ago.
    Good to know, thanks. The only gurkha I've had that I wasn't too fond of was the G3, I'm wondering if the G5 is even worth it. Though I've not had a huge amount of their stuff, I do have many sitting in my humi.
    i had a gurkha ancient warrior a few weeks back. I remember it to be good but not great. I still think the regent is better. I have a crest but have yet to smoke it, and the triple ligero has been calling to me but i have yet to spark one.
    Thanks Kuzi, out of the ones you've had, which ones would you say would be the best?
    out of all the gurkhas ive had?

centurian
    kuzi16:
    i had a gurkha ancient warrior a few weeks back. I remember it to be good but not great. I still think the regent is better. I have a crest but have yet to smoke it, and the triple ligero has been calling to me but i have yet to spark one.
    Wait so you're not so much of a gurkha snob as much as you are a Gurkha Regent snob.
    Well duh. The snobbery can't be for the entire line, not all Gurkhas are created equal and one has to pick one to be snobby about...and as far as that goes, the Regent is a good one to pick.
    j0z3r:
    Well duh. The snobbery can't be for the entire line, not all Gurkhas are created equal and one has to pick one to be snobby about...and as far as that goes, the Regent is a good one to pick.
    well said.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    I agree, I think the Regent is my favorite Gurkha so far, although I have a Centurian sitting in the humi just waiting for me to smoke it.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I have to say I was underwhelmed by the Regent. The Centurian, though, is excellent.
    urbino:
    I have to say I was underwhelmed by the Regent.
    this is probably because that it is a mild- medium body smoke. if you like the fuller body you will be a tad bit let down. If you look at it in the context of a mild/medium itll be better for you.

it is my favorite mild/medium smoke.

Some of my favorite cigars are in the mild-medium spectrum, actually. Or, at least, in what I think of as that range. I say that because I just put in an order for a few more of some of those particular cigars, and the site describes them as stronger than I consider them. (Monte White, AVO Domaine, R&J Reserva Real.)
    Oh, and the Camacho 1962. I forgot about it because I didn't just order more. Still got plenty.
    j0z3r:
    LOL. good stuff.
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    madurofan:
    kuzi16:
    Wait so you're not so much of a gurkha snob as much as you are a Gurkha Regent snob.

Sombody got me hopped up about the triple g - I was dissapointed, It had fallen and rolled into dog poo but since it was Lab I thought it would be ok... It wasn't... Lab poo bad...
  • TumblerTumbler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 338
    urbino:
    I have to say I was underwhelmed by the Regent. The Centurian, though, is excellent.

I have had a few wonderful Centurians and a couple not so wonderful... I did buy a Titan 5 pack guess I will see how they work - Comments on the titans?

This cigar habit is getting pretty expensive - I could have bough a fuel efficient car by now...