Home Cigar 101

humidors

2»

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It sounds like you've got a good handle on it so far. If the humidifier has that green foam, you may conside switching over to beads, since beads will not mold or break down ( crumble) like the foam has been known to do.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272

kaspera79:
    It sounds like you've got a good handle on it so far. If the humidifier has that green foam, you may conside switching over to beads, since beads will not mold or break down ( crumble) like the foam has been known to do.

It does have the green foam. I'm not familiar with beads, how do you use them?

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    A popular way to maintain humidity, these Beads hold a specific humidity level, by dispersing as well as absorbing excess humidity. They are available in 65% and 70% models.( The desired humidity level) You can buy them in tubes or in bulk which can be placed in nylon type stockings, or bowls, just add water and place in your humidor in place of the green foam. Check out Heartfelt Industries online, to get a better idea of what I am trying to explain. Many people here use them as I do, and are pleased with the results.
  • dwayne3307dwayne3307 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 272
    cool, thanks for the advice.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Yeah kas is on the money, beads work well. Throw that foam thing out. They also are good mold growers too.