Home Non Cigar Related

Heisman Trophy

beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
Any bets? Who's the most valuable player to their team?
I'm partial to the Tiger!!
The Honey Badger
He don't give a ***. He takes what he wants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Comments

• TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    beatnic:
    Any bets? Who's the most valuable player to their team?
    I'm partial to the Tiger!!
    The Honey Badger
    He don't give a ***. He takes what he wants!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg
    I would LOVE to see the Honey Badger take it home.

I would also be happy if the beast man Trent Richardson took it home...

but they will prob give it to Luck. Which will make me sick.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    If they don't give it to the Honey Badger I'm just not going to pay attention to the Heisman Trophy anymore! It's been a QB and RB club for years, which is a bit ridiculous because the rules constantly favor the inflation of statistics for these positions. It takes twice as much for defensive player to achieve the same notoriety of an offensive back.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Being a fan of Notre Dame I think I MAY be able to look at this from unbiased eyes (though MR. Luck I do not like). That said----Richardson seems like the best choice by sheer numbers. Quietly (fairly) hes had a better year than he cohort did when he won the Heisman. But that being said, the havoc Mr. LSU brings on to other teams is probably greater than what you KNOW your going to get from Richardson. He is TRULY an XFactor every time he is in the game, and especially when he touches the ball. Oh Yeah, RG3 is stupid good as well......So in short, Im ok with any of the three. But with that said, Luck will end up getting it as he was already christened before the season started and voters are not always too bright.
    Vulchor:
    Being a fan of Notre Dame I think I MAY be able to look at this from unbiased eyes (though MR. Luck I do not like). That said----Richardson seems like the best choice by sheer numbers. Quietly (fairly) hes had a better year than he cohort did when he won the Heisman. But that being said, the havoc Mr. LSU brings on to other teams is probably greater than what you KNOW your going to get from Richardson. He is TRULY an XFactor every time he is in the game, and especially when he touches the ball. Oh Yeah, RG3 is stupid good as well......So in short, Im ok with any of the three. But with that said, Luck will end up getting it as he was already christened before the season started and voters are not always too bright.
    Agree with pretty much every word you just said.... except I hate ND. lol
    BigT06:
    Vulchor:
    Agree with pretty much every word you just said.... except I hate ND. lol

Hahaha.... +2!!!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    IMO- who it will go to and who should win I believe are two different players. I think it will go to RGIII, don't agree with it but I think he has enough hype leading in from ESPN to take it home. Who I think it should go to is Montee Ball. The kid is absoultely phenomenal, this coming from an SEC guy. I like what the Honey Badger has done and he has had a remarkable season, but we are talking about possibly a 2000 yard rusher and a touchdown away from the single season record.
    clearlysuspect:
    If they don't give it to the Honey Badger I'm just not going to pay attention to the Heisman Trophy anymore! It's been a QB and RB club for years, which is a bit ridiculous because the rules constantly favor the inflation of statistics for these positions. It takes twice as much for defensive player to achieve the same notoriety of an offensive back.
    I dont think he will get the votes just because of his drug thing this year. Regardless if its right or wrong.
    Bombay:
    IMO- who it will go to and who should win I believe are two different players. I think it will go to RGIII, don't agree with it but I think he has enough hype leading in from ESPN to take it home. Who I think it should go to is Montee Ball. The kid is absoultely phenomenal, this coming from an SEC guy. I like what the Honey Badger has done and he has had a remarkable season, but we are talking about possibly a 2000 yard rusher and a touchdown away from the single season record.
    M Ball is a scoring machine. But he can't, and more importantly hasn't, made the impact for his team when they are deep in their own territory and NEEDED yards like TR has. You wanna see the real difference... look at yards AFTER contact. TR is the most beastly man ever at that. MB is phemonenal, I agree. But he's a bit of a one trick pony. And he hasn't played the same type defenses that TR has.

I don't think RGIII will get it for 2 reasons. 1- he makes too many mistakes, and the guy that takes home the trophy needs to be someone that doesn't cost his team games. Ever. RGIII has arguably 3 times this year. 2- he doesn't play for a powerhouse team, and I think that's something that effects voters, right or wrong.

to me it boils down to this... Richardson is the most reliable impact player in NCAAF. Mathieu is the biggest X-factor in NCAAF. Luck is the easiest to vote for when your sick of SEC schools and need a sellable alternative... so that's prob what we will get. Unfortunately.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    It will probably for to Luck. Lucky guy I guess.
    and LSU will beat the #2 out of Alabama.
    beatnic:

and LSU will beat the #2 out of Alabama.
    lmfao
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    I hate when I am right about stuff like this.
    We can only assume, based on current information, that Mathieu did not want the Heisman Trophy. Honey Badger takes what he wants. But no seriously, fifth! I'm done with the Heisman. RGIII is certainly deserving but they've made it prretty clear that defensive players need not apply. Interesting that you could ask any head coach what wins championships, and their response would not be RBs or QBs. Its a shame the Heisman voting based has lost touch with that.
    RGIII wins the Heisman. What a fucking joke. He's a good football player, but the best player in the country, he is not. He's not even the best in the country at his position. I am so over this voting system.
    Luck and TR got ripped off period.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    PC still wins! I hate to say anything negative, so I won't.
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Got to be happy for the Bears, former SWC team and they beat my Horned Frogs which should have never happened.