Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

what was your very first cigar?

2»

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    kaspera79:
    Heavy:
    Fighting C.ock. (can't say *** on here apparently. I wonder if you can say ***? hmmm, guess not)
    I smoked those Fighting Chickens in the 90's I liked 'em a lot..... Bad name decent cigar.
    Yep, I smoked those in the early 90s, but those were pre-humidor days (i.e. pre-knowing a thing about cigars). I was in school at U. of South Carolina at the time, so Fighting C.ock was an obvious choice, especially for tailgating.
  • StrongStyleStrongStyle Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Grape Dutch Master. haha First "real" cigar i smoked was an Oliva, i forget exactly which one but it was like 4 years ago, it was really short. I bought a couple because my friends name is Oliva so it was funny, then I smoked it and kept picking them up occasionally.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I am pretty sure mine was a pardon 64 or a macanudo that I hated
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    An RyJ Dominican Churchill en Tubo, a Christmas gift from my wife. Delicious...and I never saw where it would lead (as I'm shopping for my second cooler).
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I'm nit sure what my first was, but the first two I remember (within a month of starting) was a Cohiba Extra Vigarosso (green gilled cuz I was new and dumb) and a Gurkha Legend preferido..., great intro to cigars to be sure!
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    my first cigar was a Swisher with the sweetened wood tip. My first hand-rolled was an Indian Tabac Classic.
  • 415415 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 951
    well i guess my first hand rolled cigar was a graycliff original presidente for my 18th b-day weekend in 04. but i the cigar that really got me started with smoking more than once a year was a partagas 150 for my 21st b-day
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    My first one was some strange Hawaiian cigar called Hula Girl Mango that my friend gave to me back in AIT. My first real one was a MoW Virtue. Loved it and been hooked ever since. Next one was a Ruination. Spent an hour on the bed later because of strength.
  • Bubba3650Bubba3650 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 84
    Swisher Sweet wood tip -
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It's nice to see so many of you moved past the machine made drug store cigars to the Premium Level.
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Swisher, but my first real cigar Hoyo de Monterrey Excalibur.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    My very first cigar was a machine made Garcia y Vega. My first real cigar was a RyJ tubo in the 90's
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Goldy:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    RyJ Viejo
    What did you think of the viejo?
    I love it. Its got an interesting taste with the sweet maduro wrapper, but a great cigar all around for my tastes
    Yup, it is my fav cigar of all time even nudging out opus and camacho PE
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    My first cigar was a machine made cigar from the gas station that was in a glass tube. I need the glass tube for my science project of a solar hot dog cooker and thought why waste the cigar. It was fantastic.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    I went to Cancun with my wife, brother, and his wife three years ago. While in the resort, we would all go have dinner and sit outside drinking and having a blast. There was a guy rolling his own cigars in this little stand right next to where we would sit and drink. My brother bought me my first hand rolled vinilla dipped cigar in a corona size. We sat under the stars with endless drinks in one hand, and a pretty good stick in the other......was a great week.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Swisher Sweets. Really got into them in my early 20's then didn't touch one again till about a year ago I was buying a bottle of scotch and thought I'd like to try a cigar ( it looked so cool in the movies) it was a Punch.
  • Bucking WBucking W Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 206
    Rhamlin:
    Swisher Sweets. Really got into them in my early 20's then didn't touch one again till about a year ago I was buying a bottle of scotch and thought I'd like to try a cigar ( it looked so cool in the movies) it was a Punch.
    Punch, that is a Cigar that has remained consistent through out the years. I think that was my second Cigar tried and I have always been a fan of Punch. I can see why you became a BOTL.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Bucking W:
    Rhamlin:
    Punch, that is a Cigar that has remained consistent through out the years. I think that was my second Cigar tried and I have always been a fan of Punch. I can see why you became a BOTL.
    What's strange though is that I haven't had one since and I really liked that cigar. One of these days I'll have to get some.