Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

OchoZacho kicked me in the shin!

jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
Brother made a post about some pipe tobacco and I commented about how I love the holiday blends that come out this time of year. My favorite pipe tobaccos are the holiday blends. I got a padded envelope today and I was not expecting anything. Inside I found a nice note saying it wasn't really a bomb but he wanted to send me some of his local's holiday blend.

A bomb is a bomb brother and 1oz of this amazing holiday pipe tobacco is awesome! Thank you for sharing this with me. It smells amazing and I can't wait to smoke a bowl. I really appreciate it. If I can snag some from the place I usually buy mine from in Springfield I might return the favor.

Comments

• OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Enjoy brother! Let me know what you think and if they're not out I will send another batch, maybe to keep for aging???? I try and keep a little bit back every year, just gets better and better! Happy smoking!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I appreciate it. I am hoping to get down to Springfield by Christmas and if I can I will definitely get you an ounce or two. My local here won't make a holiday blend and I can't find any shops in the metro who do.

You really need to check out McClelland Holiday Spirit. I have 8 tins of the stuff and a couple mason jars. I also snagged Petersons Christmas 2011 but haven't tried it yet.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Dumb thought, but I didnt even consider pipe tabacco as something you age. Interesting......
    From the little that I understand (and the little I smoke) most pipe tobacco comes from only a few major distributors. If you have a local shop that blends, they are mostly just blending what almost all other shops carry, or variances thereof. Again, just from the little that I understand, when you age pipe tobacco, it allows what is blended together to blend and meld even more over time, and I think we all know how we feel about aged tobacco in cigars. I could be totally off because I've only heard it from a few guys at a few B&M's, makes sense to me though.
    james40:
    Dumb thought, but I didnt even consider pipe tobacco as something you age. Interesting......
    Oh yeah people age pipe tobacco and you can buy older tins and really high prices. I have seen McClelland Christmas Cheer from the 90's go for over $100 on ebay. Unlike cigars you do not need a humidor or humidifier. Most people use mason jars or some kind of jar that seals. Most people keep everything in a cellar type (basement) environment. I am not a pipe expert but I decided this year to get more serious about pipe smoking and I am learning tons.
    I'm definitely not a pipe expert at all, but the aging of anything is so interesting to me to see how stuff changes. I really only pull the pipe out a few times a month when I'm short on time or just in the mood for some "holiday" cheer!
    Just smoked a bowl and it was good.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    jsnake:
    Hippie
  • slickricslickric Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 705
    jasonusa1:
    jsnake:
    Hippie
    chuckle