Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

John Lee Pettimore

DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
OK, if you can tell me where he lived and how many tours in Viet Nam he did, you will win....

Comments

• HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Why that would be Copperhead Road. Two tours. That's what Steve Earle says anyway... ;-)
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Direwolf:
    OK, if you can tell me where he lived and how many tours in Viet Nam he did, you will win....
    On Copperhead Rd and two tours
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Heavy:
    Why that would be Copperhead Road. Two tours. That's what Steve Earle says anyway... ;-)
    You Sir are correct.. Gimme the coordinates and I will send your reward.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Heavy:
    enjoy,lol
    Who woulda thought people would want to win Hobbes that bad?
    dbeckom:
    Direwolf:
    he came home with a brand new plan!
    Awesome, thanks man! I knew the song right off the bat, but had to sing the lyrics in my head before I could remember how many tours....couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3 and guessed 2! PM incoming.

Also, i noticed you screen name a while back (I've been a little scarce around here recently), but wanted to welcome a fellow Deadhead to the boards! Figured this was as good an opportunity as any. I think I saw a newer posted going by August West posting around here recently too. There are a couple of us on the boards. I think Beatnic saw the boys a few times back in the day.
    Heavy:
    Awesome, thanks man! I knew the song right off the bat, but had to sing the lyrics in my head before I could remember how many tours....couldn't remember if it was 2 or 3 and guessed 2! PM incoming.

Also, i noticed you screen name a while back (I've been a little scarce around here recently), but wanted to welcome a fellow Deadhead to the boards! Figured this was as good an opportunity as any. I think I saw a newer posted going by August West posting around here recently too. There are a couple of us on the boards. I think Beatnic saw the boys a few times back in the day.
    OchoZacho is a Deadhead too. Really surprised me how so many people knew where it came from.
    Direwolf:
    LOL, yeah. The pic looks pretty sweet. Too bad that damn cigar is in the way ;-)
    dbeckom:
    Direwolf:
    Damn Dwayne, looks like I edged you by mere seconds brother. Sorry man! I might just have to double check to make sure i have your address.....oh yeah ;-)
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    Heavy:
    Direwolf:
    LOL, yeah. The pic looks pretty sweet. Too bad that damn cigar is in the way ;-)
    ill take the cigar,lol
    Heavy:
    dbeckom:
    Direwolf:
    Damn Dwayne, looks like I edged you by mere seconds brother. Sorry man! I might just have to double check to make sure i have your address.....oh yeah ;-)
    I'll have his address soon enough lol
    Heavy:
    dbeckom:
    Direwolf:
    It was very close! Copperhead Rd is one of my all time favorite songs! I love most of Steve Earl's music...that folk/rock stuff!
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    was I the only one who said "Hay I have that Calvin and Hobbes" book?
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Love the song, hadnt heard it in a while,thats for sure "just shot a coat of primer then looked inside"
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    Direwolf:
    Heavy:

OchoZacho is a Deadhead too. Really surprised me how so many people knew where it came from.

When there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.....reach out your hand.....
    Got Dire Wolf's package today - damn if this isn't a great looking stick. Thanks so much brother for a stick that I would never have a chance to enjoy otherwise! Plus an old favorite that I haven't had the opportunity to enjoy in literally years - a classic Partagas. Thanks bro - very generous of you!